SOE 33: Bono to open the batting on new album, Larry to keep wicket

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The problem is not taking inspiration from other musicicans as long as you engage with them (what they did). However, as Jarvio rightly said, it is a bit embarassing that they chose a riff that isn't their own work to tease their album, when they have an entire album of their own work that they could have snippeted instead. No problem at all if they chose e.g. the Blackout intro.

They’ve also released 3 full length songs as album teasers... so getting bent out of shape about a 6 second clip is just kind of silly.

That pic reminds me that sometime in 2009 Bono must have walked into a bar and said to the first biker he saw: “I need your clothes, your boots and your motorcycle”.

IMG_1742.JPG

I’m reading Blake’s Songs of Innocence & Experience and it would appear that he is to blame for Ned and Jack - they’re chimney sweeps from way back

View attachment 11607

I’m reading Blake’s Songs of Innocence & Experience and it would appear that he is to blame for Ned and Jack - they’re chimney sweeps from way back

I feel a little better thinking that the genesis of those lines was more than Bono saying “OMGz guyz, u kno wut wud b clevr??? RHYMING NAMEZ!”

I feel a little better thinking that the genesis of those lines was more than Bono saying “OMGz guyz, u kno wut wud b clevr??? RHYMING NAMEZ!”

IF that's what's going on, and IF it is something (not the rhyming names, but the references back to Blake) that is found elsewhere on the album, then I would be prepared to hate the rhyming names less.
But I'd still hate them.

I'm checking every hour to see if this thing has leaked. How much longer can they go on without a leak.?

Earliest I think this will leak is Tuesday. Taylor Swift’s new album only leaked the day before of its release. I’m sure there’s plenty of haters out there who would have loved to spoil her sales with leaking it very early on.

Last edited:
One thing's for sure...the 3-year wait is almost over.

giphy.gif

I really hope that there is no leak. Enjoy the build up of excitement, not much time left

IMG_0221.JPG

I hope there's no leak, also VERY interested because it seems that on SOI particularly the second half was so strong, and the singles were on the first half, if SOE is sequenced similarly, then maybe we haven't heard the best stuff yet, except for Blackout:drool:

Back
Top Bottom