SOE 33: Bono to open the batting on new album, Larry to keep wicket

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Axver

Vocal parasite
The first Test starts in less than a fortnight. Continue.

Adam's got good form heading into this Test. He's already hit a few sixes in the Blackout T20 warmup.

...OK, enough of that. I'm sure we've got plenty more speculation about how Bono almost died or what Summer of Love sounds like or who will hate the new album the most.

I know the probability of a leak is extremely slim, but..can someone just leak this album already? :waiting:

I know the probability of a leak is extremely slim, but..can someone just leak this album already? :waiting:

hitmanflexingarms.jpg

THE HITMAN WILL FIND YOU!!!!!

I’m just happy the last thread went without a single leak pun! :) now I feel this thread will be the one in which we will get the new album. I know it’s not going to happen yet but leak already damn it!

The amount of copies already out there makes me suspect a leak has to be forthcoming soon enough.

I just hope it's before I go travelling on Thursday.

I’m just happy the last thread went without a single leak pun! :) now I feel this thread will be the one in which we will get the new album. I know it’s not going to happen yet but leak already damn it!
I'm offended by this. Early in the last thread I posted the botanical name of the common leek. This was, of course, extremely clever and funny.
No one noticed.
So fuck off with your 'no leak puns' glee. Heathen.
?

The amount of copies already out there makes me suspect a leak has to be forthcoming soon enough.

I really hope you are right Ax! Wether you think the new songs are good or crap, it is a great time to be a fan! We will have a new album in less than two weeks, who knows maybe even this week! This place with explode with mixed emotions, some people will love it others not so much, but the beauty of this place is that we can all discuss our favorite band and it’s so much fun to read people’s opinions! Btw where you travelling to? I could use a vacation myself! Sick of work, sick of this gloomy rain and constant stress of work! I hope you enjoy your travels my friend! :)

Last edited:
I'm offended by this. Early in the last thread I posted the botanical name of the common leek. This was, of course, extremely clever and funny.
No one noticed.
������

Hmm, I must have missed it, as you know the threads go a mile a minute these days esp before a release. With that said I prefer to fuck on, it works better than fuck off hehe :)

If fans can mobilize to get Guy Oseary's attention about tickets, is it time to reach out to him about Bono's sunglasses?

Hmm, you may get unlucky that way, this big American holiday on Thursday is probably the optimal time for a leak...

I really hope you are right Ax! Wether you think the new songs are good or crap, it is a great time to be a fan! We will have a new album in less than two weeks, who knows maybe even this week! This place with explode with mixed emotions, some people will love it others not so much, but the beauty of this place is that we can all discuss our favorite band and it’s so much fun to read people’s opinions! Btw where you travelling to? I could use a vacation myself! Sick of work, sick of this gloomy rain and constant stress of work! I hope you enjoy your travels my friend! :)

Haha, it's no holiday, but a work trip to Melbourne and New Zealand. Still, any excuse to visit Melbourne and Wellington (the Auckland part of the trip can blow me). I'll still be able to download it once it leaks, but with a bit less ease and convenience. I'm willing to bet it'll leak while I'm on a plane and I'll load Interference to find fourteen new threads all over 500 posts.

Will Edge SLIDE during fielding ? Will you bet on it ?

I think there's already been a fumble at second slip...

Haha, it's no holiday, but a work trip to Melbourne and New Zealand. Still, any excuse to visit Melbourne and Wellington (the Auckland part of the trip can blow me). I'll still be able to download it once it leaks, but with a bit less ease and convenience. I'm willing to bet it'll leak while I'm on a plane and I'll load Interference to find fourteen new threads all over 500 posts.

So, that means you will not bet. I will have to go and find kiwilad & CMIS now.

Why no-one has drawn a Bono/Boon, David comparison is beyond me. You should all be ashamed of yourself.

Name and physical appearance are uncanny.

Ah I see! So lucky you get to travel for work (unless you are not into traveling). Man one day I’ll make it your way!! And would love to also see New Zealand too! But yes I hope you get the leaks before your travels. Hell I hope we get it tonight haha. Every morning I come on in hopes of finding all those crazy song threads with plenty of posts on each. Any day now :)

I just read the new article that was in the other thread. That was a real downer, and whoever wrote that sounds like a snarky jerk. That comment about Bono looking "preserved" and comparing him to taxidermy is pretty insulting and a weird thing to say. :eyebrow: After reading that interview, I don't know if I'm more angry or sad.

I'm getting the impression from this that Bono has turned a corner and has a new mindset that is very different from what it was on the last three albums. It will be interesting to see how it compares to the other post-2000 albums.

As much as I deep down want a leak, the other part of me can’t wait to keep refreshing Apple Music next Thursday night waiting for the new album to show up. If I had to guess though, a leak will happen early next week and the band may then be forced to do an NPR stream or something.

Why no-one has drawn a Bono/Boon, David comparison is beyond me. You should all be ashamed of yourself.

UNBELIEVABLE.

Ah I see! So lucky you get to travel for work (unless you are not into traveling). Man one day I’ll make it your way!! And would love to also see New Zealand too! But yes I hope you get the leaks before your travels. Hell I hope we get it tonight haha. Every morning I come on in hopes of finding all those crazy song threads with plenty of posts on each. Any day now :)

Definitely love getting to travel for work, I basically bullshitted my way into getting Wellington as part of the itinerary. Just want to spend a couple of nights there, love a late spring/early summer evening down by the harbour. Though the hotel I'm staying at had shit wifi the last time I was there so I hope the album doesn't leak then! :lol:

You're like the Grant Elliot of this cricket talk. You just waltz in nonchalant and knock it out of the park.
And now you've mentioned Boon, Ranatunga and Miandad have sprung to mind. Goes to show what I think of Bono's physique.

Which somewhat leads me to an odd question I thought could keep the score ticking over till next Thursday: what was the last gig where Bono performed sans shirt? And what was the last gig Larry performed in shorts?

Hop to it Interference. These are the big questions.

The first Test starts in less than a fortnight. Continue.
Not to restart anything... but I hope you mean that Bono will open in ODIs, not in the Tests... I won't live in a world where Bono is a Test opener

Not to restart anything... but I hope you mean that Bono will open in ODIs, not in the Tests... I won't live in a world where Bono is a Test opener

Eli Hewson has to rely on his Inhaler too much so Bono has been elevated in the order.

No one noticed.
?
There was also a fantastic, if quite gross, pun about U2 being old now and so the leaks will be more like .... i forget exactly what, but it was toilet-related. Dribble?

So yeah, let's not belittle or neglect the creativity.

#allleaksmatter

You're like the Grant Elliot of this cricket talk. You just waltz in nonchalant and knock it out of the park.
And now you've mentioned Boon, Ranatunga and Miandad have sprung to mind. Goes to show what I think of Bono's physique.

Which somewhat leads me to an odd question I thought could keep the score ticking over till next Thursday: what was the last gig where Bono performed sans shirt? And what was the last gig Larry performed in shorts?

Hop to it Interference. These are the big questions.

I had to go there with his physique. The days of the fat cricketer have all but passed. The first that sprung to mind was Inzamam ul Haq.

Great footage of Bono taking a screamer in the 07 World Cup. He got a gig for Bermuda because most of his investments are based there. Watch to the end for the full story:

https://youtu.be/YAbvsveUeDM

At least you didn't say Dwayne Leverock... that would be overdoing it

Back
Top Bottom