SOE 32: let there be no leak puns..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It make sense in that reviewers need a copy of the album to do their reviews. They're all getting them around now.

Just find it interesting that he is not allowed to review the album or post reviews that is. You would think by now the band would totally want people to review the songs and create buzz around the net. Or maybe they are waiting for a specific date that people are allowed to post reviews?

Maybe they want the reviews as close to release date as possible - the listening sessions will lead to a slew of fan reviews and probably almost entirely gushingly positive. Build excitement through social media, and then bring it home before release with the official reviews

The U.S. coast to coast listening sessions start on the 27th.

Oh wow, we've got a ways to go than. Hopefully someone spill the beans on reviews like that Twitter dude did last week. Although I take reviews with a grain of salt it's a lot of fun to see what others think of the songs. But yes for sure fans will most likely be all or mostly all positive reviews. In that setting where they get first dibs of listening to new u2 I can imagine the excitement of hearing the new songs first will most likely bias some of the reviews but will be great to see if the descriptions of songs match to those previous descriptions done by others in the past.

Yes - there is an Abbey Rd session before the US sessions.

Awesome! I can't wait to read what people think! The anticipation and reading of reviews is the most fun part of an album release. The next few weeks are sure going to be good times. Either way I can't wait till December 1st listening to the new tunes and seeing this place go crazy as well.

I know mikal has accurately pointed out that leaks are less common these days, I still think there is a good chance. Mainly because vinyl copies are being played by people right now. They can be ripped in high quality, and the files they produce won’t be traceable in the way digital files provided to media outlets are.

I know mikal has accurately pointed out that leaks are less common these days, I still think there is a good chance. Mainly because vinyl copies are being played by people right now. They can be ripped in high quality, and the files they produce won’t be traceable in the way digital files provided to media outlets are.

Here is to hoping! I have no will power when it comes to these things, I know I'll cave right away and listen to the leaks rather than wait for the official release. But I think many people will also cave so this place will still go crazy and will be just as fun anyway. But for now I stopped listening to the new songs we have until the album is released or leaks. Hoping you are right about the leaks my friend!

Here is to hoping! I have no will power when it comes to these things, I know I'll cave right away and listen to the leaks rather than wait for the official release. But I think many people will also cave so this place will still go crazy and will be just as fun anyway. But for now I stopped listening to the new songs we have until the album is released or leaks. Hoping you are right about the leaks my friend!
I've stopped listening to the songs as well. I'd rather judge them by their context in the album.

And like Dan said, a leak is certainly possible. If it does, I'd bet only a week before, tops. I actually hope it doesn't leak. How fun would it be for everyone to keep refreshing their streaming services 3 Thursdays from now?

I've stopped listening to the songs as well. I'd rather judge them by their context in the album.

And like Dan said, a leak is certainly possible. If it does, I'd bet only a week before, tops. I actually hope it doesn't leak. How fun would it be for everyone to keep refreshing their streaming services 3 Thursdays from now?

Will be interesting - I haven't followed other artists, but I am expecting it to be dropped on each country's iTunes based on a time relevant to them (because it will be in shops 9am Friday in NZ when it is mid-afternoon Thursday in the west coast). Whether that is midnight, or 7am or whatever, I'm not sure.

So as for all you people in Europe, US, etc. you can probably expect it to be available, at least illegally, mid afternoon Thursday.

Of course there's a chance.

A song already leaked... We weren't supposed to have American Soul.

Anyone got any ideas how strict the id process is for the promo gig in London tomorrow?

Could you get in with somebody's else's name on the ticket?

Was reading on zootopia that there's no mention of going to Camden on the tickets anymore and that gates open at 5. Is this true? Because beforehand didnt winners have to pick up a wristband from the MTV office in Camden

This is a google translation:

The new U2, Songs of Experience, is on here. Reviews are still prohibited, but it's nice to hear four real songs (instead of musical pieces)
Actualy he didnt say he heard 4 songs, but he says: its nice that the 4 are finaly writing real songs again instead of meeting documents. What ever that means

Timings
Doors Open - 5:00pm
Show Begins - 6:30pm
U2 - 7:00pm
David Guetta - 8:15pm
Show Ends - 9:15pm

For tomorrow

Does this mean u2 are supporting David guetta :) when was the last time u2 went on before someone? :)

Anyone got any ideas how strict the id process is for the promo gig in London tomorrow?

Was reading on zootopia that there's no mention of going to Camden on the tickets anymore and that gates open at 5. Is this true? Because beforehand didnt winners have to pick up a wristband from the MTV office in Camden

Wasn;t it only if you got tickets through the superfan link that you had to collect a wristband from Camden?

I think it sounds like they're going to be pretty strict with the access for this one, meaning that the named ticketholder must attend. ID required on entry etc.

sorry to be negative but I'm sure I am not going to like this album

Well, if you make up your mind before you hear it, then I’m sure you won’t either.

Why even bother making this comment? It’s inane to say you are sure of something you can’t possibly know. And if you are choosing not to like it without hearing it, then you are being stupid.

Wasn;t it only if you got tickets through the superfan link that you had to collect a wristband from Camden?

I think it sounds like they're going to be pretty strict with the access for this one, meaning that the named ticketholder must attend. ID required on entry etc.

Yeah I think it was just the superfans that had to pick a wristbands up. Been looking on the MTV site, it says numerous times no id no entry. So I think your right

I would imagine that a large gathering of people in the middle of London will have very strict security.

Interesting. I have no idea what they are trying to say in that message though

He's actually saying: Publishing reviews is still forbidden, but it's good to hear these 4 (lads) making real songs again instead of "musical meeting documents"

With the latter he means boring, too long, too much content, I think

Here is the answer from the email I just received about the event:

To guard against touting, a maximum of 2 tickets can be obtained per person. Tickets will take the form of e tickets, with the name of the person that obtained the tickets integrated. ID checks and name checks will be carried out across pairs of tickets– no name, no admittance for both of you! Tickets are strictly non-transferrable and cannot be exchanged or sold to a 3rd party.

To get the maximum effect, they should run the set like this tomorrow.

1. Get Out with Kendrick Lamar
2. American Soul
3. The Blackout
4. I Will Follow
5. Vertigo
6. Beautiful Day
7. Best thing
8. The Little Things

Or it could bomb big time

Back
Top Bottom