SOE- 27: And SOE it Begins

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I would have thought the fake link gave it away. Emotions are very high today it seems. You should know by now, that U2 is no more.

it's a running gag here to post obvious fake stuff that looks like a link.. this veered a little too close to "maybe, hopefully, plesase be" plausible

no biggie. I know you're just cracking a joke. but maybe make it more obvious next time?

it's a running gag here to post obvious fake stuff that looks like a link.. this veered a little too close to "maybe, hopefully, plesase be" plausible

no biggie. I know you're just cracking a joke. but maybe make it more obvious next time?

Yep this! :) this did sound like a plausible (though unlikely) thing but just for a minute when I was reading it you had me going. It isn't the very obvious fake staff posted here so you can understand how some people may see this and be like awesome and then realize it was just bs. But this didn't bother me now I know you are joking but you can see how some might have taken it as trolling. Anyway when the fuck are we going to get actual album news? Too bad they backed out on announcing the album on the day of the single release. I guess they are waiting till the jt30 tour is over.

Last edited:
the fact that it was supposedly a direct quote that read absolutely nothing like how a native english speaker would actually speak didn't make it instantly obvious for everyone? :doh:

the fact that it was supposedly a direct quote that read absolutely nothing like how a native english speaker would actually speak didn't make it instantly obvious for everyone? :doh:

Weeeeell, since U2 just released a song with the chorus "best thing to ever happen a boy"...

Lol in my defense I just got out of a horrible and crazy busy day at work so yeah brain not properly functioning ATM and took me a little longer to catch on.

Ned/Fred, Jack/Zach for The Blackout....

The best thing that happened A boy for YTBTAM.....

And yet people are complaining about the Lincoln lyric...

"There's an insect in your ear, if you scratch it won't disappear"

"Creeps are crawling over me and over you, stuck together with Gods Glue. It's gonna get stickier too"

"Your father he made the world in seven, he's in charge of heaven"

"Miami, my mammy"

"It's the blind leading the blonde, it's the stuff of country songs"

"You know you're chewing bubble gum"

And people complain about "post Pop" lyrics

I thought the lyrics on SOI were great, probably Bono's best since the 90's. I don't think anything we've heard from SOE is that bad. Not crazy about Fred/Ned and Jack/Zach but forgivable because the song rocks.

My favorite songs from a lyrical perspective are probably Gone, Please, So Cruel, The Fly and One. Just to name what comes to mind now. There are many others.

Love is All We Have Left
Love is Bigger than Anything in its Way
Much More Better

Nice! Three contenders for worst fucking U2 song title ever. I vote for Love is Bigger Than Anything In Its Way.

Civilisation and Where The Shadows Fall were great sounding titles, and now nobody is mentioning them? Have they been dropped?

If so, I'm not happy. They were the only 2 titles I liked.

That list posted earlier was full of terrible titles. I could reserve judgegment until I've heard the song, but most of those titles just felt either lacking in character, or worded poorly. "The Lights Of Home" was the only decent one for me. (And I suppose I like The Blackout as a title, but don't like the song).

Yet the only 2 good titles were dropped? Civilisation, Where The Shadows Fall. Actually interesting titles with instant character and imagery. And sound mature too.

I cannot believe "Much More Better" seems to have made the cut. People are complaining about Love is bigger than anything in its way, nah, much more better is "much more worse" than that.

Last edited:
Love is All We Have Left
Love is Bigger than Anything in its Way
Much More Better

Nice! Three contenders for worst fucking U2 song title ever. I vote for Love is Bigger Than Anything In Its Way.

Much More Better is by far the worst of those 3.

Actually this much more better shit has to stop.

The title is obviously Much More Butter - a heartfelt letter to Bono's belly.

Is this much more better thing a real potential song title or just a joke. I dont know anymore?

So one take away, IMO, from Bono's new interview in Rolling Stone is that he confirms what a lot of us already suspected...that the "rewriting SOE because Trump" excuse was bullsh*t....i.e. he's already starting to walk it back a little bit, probably because the lyrical content really isn't going to reflect that.

Except perhaps via creative interpretation of the lyrics which Bono engages in liberally in this interview, and to this end he quotes himself quite a bit.
You've spent the past few months playing The Joshua Tree on tour as you put the finishing touches on the album. Has the tour impacted how you thought about Songs of Experience? How?

In truth, there's a couple of reasons why we delayed Songs of Experience. One personal, one political.

Finally, truthiness! Now he just has to drop the "political" part, and we'll be 10% of the way there to knowing what really happened!

Last edited:
So one take away, IMO, from Bono's new interview in Rolling Stone is that he confirms what a lot of us already suspected...that the "rewriting SOE because Trump" excuse was bullsh*t....i.e. he's already starting to walk it back a little bit, probably because the lyrical content really isn't going to reflect that.

Except perhaps via creative interpretation of the lyrics which Bono engages in liberally in this interview, and to this end he quotes himself quite a bit.

Finally, truthiness! Now he just has to drop the "political" part, and we'll be 10% of the way there to knowing what really happened!
Yea, he might have almost died and kept it secret!

What a dick

Back
Top Bottom