SOE- 27: And SOE it Begins

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You can't just drop that kind of stuff in here and then leave it hanging, man. ;)

(Kidding, rumors are rumors, but DAMN IT I WANT TO KNOW.)

But hey, we've got some new music, the band are pouring their hearts out, and working to put out their best ever work.. They are gonna tour more next year and give their all. And this effort/desire for greatness is awesome. I love them for it.

Plus, this maybe the last time we get something of this scale, so let's enjoy it!!

You can't just drop that kind of stuff in here and then leave it hanging, man. ;)

I know, sorry. I need to clarify, I actually don't know much.. I'm just hearing there are rumors, and they're kinda shitty in nature.

The band seem to be alluding to them now too.

Edit: I dunno, maybe I shouldn't have said anything..? Guess it doesn't do us much good

Last edited:
But hey, we've got some new music, the band are pouring their hearts out, and working to put out their best ever work.. They are gonna tour more next year and give their all. And this effort/desire for greatness is awesome. I love them for it.

Plus, this maybe the last time we get something of this scale, so let's enjoy it!!

Can we expect any sort of promo in the U.K.? This is going to drop like a balloon without it?

So, I think we're going to hear more about the personal situation that's referred to, possibly in an upcoming Rolling Stone. There's rumors about what this is but until there's official word there's no sense repeating as it could be hurtful (and because it is just rumor).

If true, it explains why we didn't get SOE last year. Reasons beyond election / need for further tinkering, or anything else some (myself included) put forth at the time.

Oh...that's interesting.

I know, sorry. I need to clarify, I actually don't know much.. I'm just hearing there are rumors, and they're kinda shitty in nature.

The seem to be alluding to them now too.

Edit: I dunno, maybe I shouldn't have said anything..? Guess it doesn't do us much good

Before I speculate, I hope it was not serious health related stuff. Outside of that my guess would be infighting that has mostly to do with Larry or Bono and Ali almost split. If it is the latter and he cheated on her my wife would be heartbroken!!

The seem to be alluding to them now too.

I feel kind of sad reading that, hopefully what ever it was is behind them (Bono) now.

Whatever the next year or so brings I'm going to embrace it and enjoy it, looking at them in a different light when you hear things like that.

Wow, hurts to think about the scarier possibilities at play but it really puts things (especially lyrics) in perspective. I'm definitely gonna appreciate the hell out of these next few months and shows.

I remember in U2 by U2, B-man does make mention of having a scare and being in the operating room in the little johnny; the problems with his vocals. I wonder if something similar cropped up but more serious? And he does looked to have aged a lot more than Larry, Adam or Edge.

Meh, hopefully it's behind him.

Wow, hurts to think about the scarier possibilities at play but it really puts things (especially lyrics) in perspective. I'm definitely gonna appreciate the hell out of these next few months and shows.
I know what you mean,it's weird feeling as I have never and will never meet them. Yet I'm worrying about Bono's health!

(Bono) - I've kind of had a couple of frights over the last few years, some of them comedic and unimportant...

(Interviewer) - Like injuries?

(Bono) - Yeah... (Then Bono talks about the bicycle accident)

(Bono) - Since then, I've had another couple... I wrote this album, honestly, like if this is our last album, this is, this better be good. And I want to say whatever I have to say, to my loved ones, to our audience, to my wife, to my daughters, to my sons...

Whatever the next year or so brings I'm going to embrace it and enjoy it, looking at them in a different light when you hear things like that.

That's the best approach to take. I really think the band is winding down their career within the next 5 years. Best to just enjoy the ride!

Just listened to the little things from Kimmel, got to say had bit of a lump in my throat thinking about what could have been wrong, going to enjoy this run from the band!

That's the best approach to take. I really think the band is winding down their career within the next 5 years. Best to just enjoy the ride!

Hmmm. Gut tells me they contemplated retirement, possibly due to Larry's back being so bad he can barely perform and they would never go without him. That, or a couple other rumors that have been bandied about on here. In any case, let the good times roll and hopefully the worst is behind them.

RD- any indication how long we will have to wait for the possible Rolling Stone reveal? Band is in NY right now, so maybe the Jann sit down just happened in last 2 days and thats why u heard the rumor (unless u'd actually heard it long ago).
Rolling Stone usually sits on their piece and releases a U2 cover close to a bigger event like album drop or tour debut. So i cant picture them releasing it before week of Dec 1. Unless maybe they want to drop the big scoop before it gets out elsewhere?

Last edited:
Just listened to the little things from Kimmel, got to say had bit of a lump in my throat thinking about what could have been wrong, going to enjoy this run from the band!

And assuming it does end up being the album's closer, pretty poignant to have the whole "sometimes" part be potentially the final words we hear from them.

Let's not start spiraling out of control here.

It's not something we can control or wish to be true or not true by typing on a forum.

Obviously something came up with Bono over the past year. I can't imagine if his life is in danger that they'd just sit on it.

These guys are getting up there in age and Bono has had a ton of bad luck with his health over the last decade.

Plus, Bono can't keep his mouth shut. Whatever he went through was personal but if it was what people are reaching for in this thread, I'm sure he'd say something.

If you play The Little Things backward, you can hear Edge muttering "I buried Paul."

#Conspiracy

Hmm, well whatever it was that happened (if there was something at all... love RD's contributions here but this sort of cryptic stuff is not productive IMO) they seem to be fully past it. The band is energized, is wrapping up a huge and we'll received tour, and is on the cusp of putting out a relatively quick follow-up up with 3 very solid song that have gotten great reactions this far.

I'd say they are in a pretty good spot at the moment. If this is the last album cycle or second to last (RD's hints about Songs or Ascent ARE exciting!) I'm going to enjoy the hell out of it, and I hope they do too.

Back
Top Bottom