SOE 23 - Return of the Trolls

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, so Valencia is jumping in the mix.

I can't post the FB post right now from my phone, but it says "Pretty soon the lights will turn out"

Then under that
Everything you know is wrong..... ?.... ?

Hmmmmm

Were they the ones who kept saying that 'sirens' would be a single from SOI?

I'm in TN and got a Volvo magazine and a Restoration Hardware catalogue. Has to mean something!!

They got into a listening session by hanging out at the studio. They have no 'source' and new info should be treated suspiciously, because they are trading on their 'access' even though it was one fortuitous instance.

Hopefully they announce everything on September 1st. It would make a lot more sense for the mystery to be revealed before they are back in the public eye touring.

It sort of was, Sirens evolved into The Miracle

that was a quick evolution...i thought that Sirens was something completely different.

They did have Volcano right as a title, but they also were saying it could be the tour name I believe...

Maybe im thinking they were using some sort of siren to indicate a volcano. Maybe im just overthinking all of this.

that was a quick evolution...i thought that Sirens was something completely different.

Maybe im thinking they were using some sort of siren to indicate a volcano. Maybe im just overthinking all of this.
It may have just undergone a name change perhaps? I'm sure I read that somewhere but it's been a while so perhaps I'm misremembering?

"Siren" has nothing to do with "Volcano". "Siren" refers to siren song, which is what Bono was comparing the Ramones' music to.

Someone asked this before... but shouldn't the sub-forum be called Songs of Experience now?

Someone asked this before... but shouldn't the sub-forum be called Songs of Experience now?

It gets answered every time too:

It doesn't change until an official announcement is made.

It probably should have been changed to "Where the Album Has No Name"

It gets answered every time too:

It doesn't change until an official announcement is made.

It probably should have been changed to "Where the Album Has No Name"
Oops... missed that. Thought that with all the boots and eclipse discussions, I could afford to skip a few pages. Just goes to show you....

So I know there are a couple members here that were at the video shoot for The Blackout.
I'm not asking for details, but in your opinion, would you say that The Blackout would be a better choice for a first single than TBT?

Also, I know the NE US started getting letters yesterday. Any word on Europe yet?

I was there. Great choice for a first single. Boots was also a great choice?? !
In Europe no sign of letters yet?...

I was there. Great choice for a first single. Boots was also a great choice[emoji6][emoji6] !
In Europe no sign of letters yet[emoji848]...

Can you give us any other bits? Some were saying it was like magnificent, vertigo, and zoo station which is all over the place. What did it sound like to you?

Can you give us any other bits? Some were saying it was like magnificent, vertigo, and zoo station which is all over the place. What did it sound like to you?

Yeah the descriptions were a bit... scattered.

If we could get a song that was a mix of those 3 you listed, i would be very happy.

Wish they would lift the muzzle on the media listening sessions soon.

I mean a fans description isn't going to ruin anything.

It's like a game of telephone as something will be lost in the translation.

I would like to tell you some more about The Blackout, but we had to sign an agreement to be silent about the project until an official press release will be delivered. But.... I liked the song very much. In two weeks we know a lot more!!!???

Magnificent, Vertigo, and Zoo all share that abrasive, buzzy guitar sound, at one point or another.

I hear that's the front and centre sound Edge provides on Blackout (Black Out?)...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom