SOE 23 - Return of the Trolls

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
this is also interesting! from their August 14 update

"More recent news includes the fact that Universal Music branches internationally have been told about the forthcoming album and have been told to prepare for it in the fourth quarter of this calendar year. And some select American media outlets are expected to receive full listening sessions of the album in the coming days"

sounds like those full album previews are coming!

this is also interesting! from their August 14 update

"More recent news includes the fact that Universal Music branches internationally have been told about the forthcoming album and have been told to prepare for it in the fourth quarter of this calendar year. And some select American media outlets are expected to receive full listening sessions of the album in the coming days"

sounds like those full album previews are coming!

My guess is that they'll announce the album + single on September 1, and say "hear the new single next week" for September 8th. Wouldn't be surprised to see some of those previews out then too, maybe?

I would have a very hard time believing that they would NOT play their new single during live shows, especially in front of 50k fans per night. Talk about an amazing marketing opportunity!

My hope is that they are working on perfecting the live performance while on vacation to give it that lasting live impression that U2 songs tend to have.

Last edited:
I'd come from ~53 degrees and sideways rain, the only discomfort I had was sitting down on the metal floor without first checking the temperature.

:up: Probably a welcome change for you then. I spent the day roaming around town and hung out in the back during the show.

I'll say it again: do you really think they're going to make their biggest market wait over a year after the album is released to see the songs played live?

Where's the precedent for this?

Not going to happen.

North America is not the biggest market for U2... That's definately Europe!!
If you look at countries ("relative markets"), I think it's Ireland, closely followed by Australia and the Netherlands...

So the ones who 'deserve'some shows soon are definately the people down under in my opinion! Hope for them they will get shows in 2018.

Headache's a funny man.

I didn't know you were a musician. (Though I spend enough time here that I should.) What do you play?

I more just stand in the front row of too many gigs. But I sing, badly, and play rhythm guitar even worse. Luckily I write shoegaze songs and obscure those shortcomings with effects pedals. Of course doing Exit and Bullet as a medley means my vocals have to come to the fore, but I enjoy doing them so much I don't really care if I make a tit of myself.

:up: Probably a welcome change for you then. I spent the day roaming around town and hung out in the back during the show.

That really is the way to do it. I've certainly been up front close to the stage many times over, Nashville was great but i have no time for standing in long lines anymore. The show is just as great from the back of the venue as it is up front near the stage.

As long as this single hits the ground running everyone's a winner.... I'm praying for some heavier edge riffs and a rawer sounding track. We need to ROCK again! [emoji1360]

That really is the way to do it. I've certainly been up front close to the stage many times over, Nashville was great but i have no time for standing in long lines anymore. The show is just as great from the back of the venue as it is up front near the stage.

I did up close for the first time in Chicago night one JT 2017. It was really awesome being that close but I will pay for the good seats going forward.

As long as this single hits the ground running everyone's a winner.... I'm praying for some heavier edge riffs and a rawer sounding track. We need to ROCK again! [emoji1360]

Yes, we need another lead single like The Miracle, Boots or Vertigo, because ts been ages since they released one...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom