SOE 23 - Return of the Trolls

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Much different to the SOI release.

I can remember being at my mother in laws watching the apple conference. Couldn't get a good reception at all. Didn't hear miracle properly. But I had a decent stream of when Bono was talking at the end. Completely lost my shit when he said the album was available now. Ran into the living room and said to my wife come on we're going. Theve just dropped the album. Went home downloaded it and I'm still listening to that record now. Love it

Invisible should have been the main song when it was released instead of miracle. Crystal ballroom should have been the 2nd single and on the album. What a tune. Every breaking wave the 3rd single

Respect your opinion but no way should Crystal have been the second single . The problem with SOI was it was not coherent. Not one person is talking about a single song from SOI(outside of this forum)There were a few gems. If I could have given them guidance (I know...Iknow) but my choice would have been TIWYCRMN and then RBW and then EBW. My thought process is the first single is a throwaway. It's U 2 ...so what. You'll get a fair amount of traction regardless. Then RBW gives you a bit of a punch. Then you settle in to EBW. You get real crazy and it keeps gaining traction and you throw in California. Miracle never makes the light of day. I'm walking a tightrope here I know!!!!!

I don't think it'll too much of a surprise for a 2018 Tour. JT was kind of a one off special (gain the publics interest again) tour.

Bono has even said they'll use the IE production again. U2 can still hit up:

-Las Vegas
-California (any city really)
-Portland
-Kansas Area
-San Antonio/Austin
- Southwest
-Northeast

IE Tour only saw 10 cities (8 US).

I believe they give NA the cold shoulder for Experience portion and we might get them back in 2019....Nope too much $$ to be had. I would actually like to see them ignore us for a bit and build up the hype of the tour for a year or so. So, I am in Nashville and the GM of the Predators hockey team who manage Bridgestone Arena spoke at an event recently. He said there are 5 major acts who have never played the arena. His goal is to get one of them to play 5 or 6 nights here. I know U2 is one that has never played the arena but doubtful they could sell out 5 nights in Nashvegas!!!

I don't think it'll too much of a surprise for a 2018 Tour. JT was kind of a one off special (gain the publics interest again) tour.

Bono has even said they'll use the IE production again. U2 can still hit up:

-Las Vegas
-California (any city really)
-Portland
-Kansas Area
-San Antonio/Austin
- Southwest
-Northeast

IE Tour only saw 10 cities (8 US).

I believe they give NA the cold shoulder for Experience portion and we might get them back in 2019....Nope too much $$ to be had. I would actually like to see them ignore us for a bit and build up the hype of the tour for a year or so. So, I am in Nashville and the GM of the Predators hockey team who manage Bridgestone Arena spoke at an event recently. He said there are 5 major acts who have never played the arena. His goal is to get one of them to play 5 or 6 nights here. I know U2 is one that has never played the arena but doubtful they could sell out 5 nights in Nashvegas!!!

2018 will be about touring Asia/Oceania and Europe.The U.S and Canada will be for March/April 2019.

2009,2011,2015 and twice in 2017.Live Nation aren't stupid,they know the band need a break from the U.S..

2018 will be about touring Asia/Oceania and Europe.The U.S and Canada will be for March/April 2019.

2009,2011,2015 and twice in 2017.Live Nation aren't stupid,they know the band need a break from the U.S..

or us needs a break from band ?

I'll say it again: do you really think they're going to make their biggest market wait over a year after the album is released to see the songs played live?

Where's the precedent for this?

Not going to happen.

Surely Europe is their biggest market, despite their boner for the US.

Man I wish U2 did something like Brand New did today.

Thy delayed their album in September last year (and if U2 fans thought they waited a long time, these guys were recording for 8 years...)

No word or rumours offering any insight.

15 August random social media post offering a very limited (500 only) vinyl preorder for "lp5" that sold out in 30 mins, no more details except that it would be delivered "in October".

17 August the people that preordered received a random package in the mail that was the new album in plain packaging, all on one track.

A fan live streams it o Facebook and people start learning song titles by Shazaaming songs on the stream.

When the stream ends, the band release the album on their web store, including download codes.

And the album is incredible.

Cmon U2...

oh no, that sounds way too complicated for my little brain :lol:

I like how tapatalk takes a few days to scrape the latest image for the thread preview and now I'm gonna have nightmares about that bono pic again

I'll say it again: do you really think they're going to make their biggest market wait over a year after the album is released to see the songs played live?

Not going to happen.
Yea, this.

They'll play multiple dates in NY, Boston, Toronto, Chicago, LA and the Pacific Northwest... with some one offs in the likes of Vegas, Miami, DC, Philly, etc.

No secondary markets - only a small number of major markets with multiple dates, just like i/e.

I don't know what's hard to figure out about this.

He's definitely referring to Garth Brooks about playing 5-6 nights there. GB hasn't played Nashville yet on his big comeback tour.

U2 might do 2 nights there, but might not sell them out completely.

September 8 is three weeks from today.

The band will be in Detroit in about two weeks.

I think we can agree that if the band puts out a new single, they will play that new single at the remaining JT shows, probably in place of The Little Things, right? If so, how likely is it that we'll hear the new song in Detroit, ahead of its release date?

Not going to happen.

Yep. Plus U2 will get the press of 'After playing a 30 year old album in stadiums last year, the band is back with new material they feel strong about/want to play/best songs we've done.'

If U2 gets another hit out of SOE they'll be on cloud 9 and ready to tour. And hit I mean a 'Vertigo' type response.

Plus they really could entice the Experience show by playing some more 90's material. Giving songs a much needed break after IOE & JT.

Were you at the 360 show at Vanderbilt? Easily my favorite show....despite the awful humidity it was a great time and the people were wonderful. I would love to go back someday.

Were you at the 360 show at Vanderbilt? Easily my favorite show....despite the awful humidity it was a great time and the people were wonderful. I would love to go back someday.

Yes. I was actually moving from Minneapolis to Philly and we made a stop over in Nashville to see the show. Still get goosebumps watching AIWIY performance!!! You are right the humidity was brutal!!!

Yes. I was actually moving from Minneapolis to Philly and we made a stop over in Nashville to see the show. Still get goosebumps watching AIWIY performance!!! You are right the humidity was brutal!!!

AIWIY was pretty special. Also 'The Wanderer', and the Johnny Cash stories, we were pretty lucky at that show :up::up:

September 8 is three weeks from today.

The band will be in Detroit in about two weeks.

I think we can agree that if the band puts out a new single, they will play that new single at the remaining JT shows, probably in place of The Little Things, right? If so, how likely is it that we'll hear the new song in Detroit, ahead of its release date?

I'm not sure about Detroit since it's the lead single. Maybe they'll play another album tune other than little things or the black out to have some awareness for the new album.

Last edited:
Yea, this.

They'll play multiple dates in NY, Boston, Toronto, Chicago, LA and the Pacific Northwest... with some one offs in the likes of Vegas, Miami, DC, Philly, etc.

No secondary markets - only a small number of major markets with multiple dates, just like i/e.

I don't know what's hard to figure out about this.

If they would have toured the U.S. next year,it wouldn't have been like the I&E tour,because to reach the 30-35 dates numbers,they would of had to double the numbers of cities that they did in 2015,becauce there,s no way in hell they will do 8 nights at MSG or 5 in L.A. or Chicago or 4 in Boston for the E&I tour

Last edited:
If they would have toured the U.S. next year,it wouldn't have been like the I&E tour,because to reach the 30-35 dates numbers,they would of had to double the numbers of cities that they did in 2015,becauce there,s no way in hell they would do 8 nights at MSG or 5 in L.A. or Chicago or 4 in Boston.
... what?

I'm not sure about Detroit since it's the lead single. Maybe they'll play another album tune other than little things or the black out to have some awareness for the new album.

Yeah there's no way they play the new single before it hits iTunes/radio/streaming. I think they will play it the show after it comes out. But not before.

They'll show up and play

I will follow
Elevation
Vertigo
IALW
Vertigo

Yep. Plus U2 will get the press of 'After playing a 30 year old album in stadiums last year, the band is back with new material they feel strong about/want to play/best songs we've done.'

If U2 gets another hit out of SOE they'll be on cloud 9 and ready to tour. And hit I mean a 'Vertigo' type response.

Plus they really could entice the Experience show by playing some more 90's material. Giving songs a much needed break after IOE & JT.

I don't think a Vertigo-size hit is in any way a possibility, but you do raise an interesting question: will the JT tour result in one of the non-Streets warhorses getting a break? I really don't want to see WOWY, Still, or Bullet again any time soon.

I don't think a Vertigo-size hit is in any way a possibility, but you do raise an interesting question: will the JT tour result in one of the non-Streets warhorses getting a break? I really don't want to see WOWY, Still, or Bullet again any time soon.

i would think that JT will still be played in it's entirety for the JT tour. They'll swap something else to make way for TBT.

I think Lazarus was speaking about next year's tour and some of the warhorses getting a break. I couldn't agree more.

But at the end of the day, most people in that audience expect WOWY, SBS, Pride, etc. Those will probably stick around until the end, every show pretty much.

Yes, that's what I meant.

But all of those both of us mentioned have been given breaks before. It's not far-fetched.

gotcha.

They have given SBS, Bad, & NYD breaks in previous tours....so, not too far fetched. I can see Pride disappearing or at least be played occasionally.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom