SOE 23 - Return of the Trolls

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There is a rumor circulating around that a new song will be used in an upcoming episode of 'The Lowe Files', no idea if this is a good rumor or not, however I believe that Rob Lowe is a fan.

Indeed it is good news. Now that you mentioned touring, it just occurred to me i dont think i ever got a subscriber gift from u2.com this year. Is that still a thing or did i just imagine it?

Yeah, I'm pretty sure this years gift is the reissue of the JT singles with a live version from this tour on each one, vinyl I believe but don't quote me on that

Yeah, I'm pretty sure this years gift is the reissue of the JT singles with a live version from this tour on each one, vinyl I believe but don't quote me on that

Yeah that is the gift this year. Being dispatched in the autum

I wish the first single was the black out simply because we haven't heard it. We have a good idea of what the best thing will sound like from the remix and we already heard little things in its live form. The wait to hear something completely "new" still continues until most likely November if the black out is indeed the second single.

I'm not rushing time. My favorite part of the album cycle is the immediate build up as track names leak, dates start to come out for singles and the album, promotion appearance rumors start happening, how many songs will be on the album and in what order, etc...

This, for me, is the best time. when the single or album is actually released and we all get to listen and talk about it is the culmination of this period.

The fun begins now!!!!!

I wish the first single was the black out simply because we haven't heard it. We have a good idea of what the best thing will sound like from the remix and we already heard little things in its live form. The wait to hear something completely "new" still continues until most likely November if the black out is indeed the second single.

Honestly ... when was the last time we got "official" release dates of album and or single ?

Months ahead ?

So asking for a "completely new" song ... don't know..

For me this is one of the better "pre album" times

Honestly ... when was the last time we got "official" release dates of album and or single ?

Months ahead ?

So asking for a "completely new" song ... don't know..

For me this is one of the better "pre album" times

I agree, this is a good time right now. Always excited to log on and see if any new news hit.

And even though we know the Kygo version of the song, it will be fun to hear the straight version and if any major changes have happened to the structure or lyrics.

:up::up::up::up:

I'm not rushing time. My favorite part of the album cycle is the immediate build up as track names leak, dates start to come out for singles and the album, promotion appearance rumors start happening, how many songs will be on the album and in what order, etc...

This, for me, is the best time. when the single or album is actually released and we all get to listen and talk about it is the culmination of this period.

The fun begins now!!!!!

:up::up::up::up:

I think they're crazy if they do shows in North America next year. Even if the rumor is that they'll start in April, it's quite obvious it will be May - judging by the scheduling of the past 2 tours. Prediction:

May, June & July 2018 - Europe
September, October & November 2018 - Asia, Australia & New Zealand

Agree. At the end of this tour they will have done 30+ North American stadium shows in a huge variety of markets. They gotta wait until 2019 unless they decide to do an Atlanta leg.

Much different to the SOI release.

I can remember being at my mother in laws watching the apple conference. Couldn't get a good reception at all. Didn't hear miracle properly. But I had a decent stream of when Bono was talking at the end. Completely lost my shit when he said the album was available now. Ran into the living room and said to my wife come on we're going. Theve just dropped the album. Went home downloaded it and I'm still listening to that record now. Love it

Invisible should have been the main song when it was released instead of miracle. Crystal ballroom should have been the 2nd single and on the album. What a tune. Every breaking wave the 3rd single

If the tour begins in the spring, I can see it being like this

April-July, Europe
August- break
Sept-Dec- Australia, Asia
Early 2019- North America

I certainly hope they would return to Australia and Asia before they play ANOTHER tour in the US. The US has already had 3 major tours since they've been to Australia (2011, 2015, 2017). Plus I think waiting until 2019 would give the US market a little time to recharge (as well as my credit card). But no matter what they decide to do, I will be there.

I don't think it'll too much of a surprise for a 2018 Tour. JT was kind of a one off special (gain the publics interest again) tour.

Bono has even said they'll use the IE production again. U2 can still hit up:

-Las Vegas
-California (any city really)
-Portland
-Kansas Area
-San Antonio/Austin
- Southwest
-Northeast

IE Tour only saw 10 cities (8 US).

I don't think it'll too much of a surprise for a 2018 Tour. JT was kind of a one off special (gain the publics interest again) tour.

Bono has even said they'll use the IE production again. U2 can still hit up:

-Las Vegas
-California (any city really)
-Portland
-Kansas Area
-San Antonio/Austin
- Southwest
-Northeast

IE Tour only saw 10 cities (8 US).

I think this itinerary would be much stronger possibility if the 3rd Leg wasn't happening. The entire North American leg is secondary markets (I'm grouping Mexico City in with Latin America), which tells me they are trying to squeeze as much out of the North American market as possible. If they were planning a 2018 North American tour, I would have expected them to leave more options on the table, like they clearly did in Europe.

I won't complain if they tour North America next year (in fact, I'd be happy if they did!). I just don't think their behavior this year indicates they are planning a quick return. Three separate tours in a four-year window is still pretty spectacular.

Last edited:
If the tour begins in the spring, I can see it being like this

April-July, Europe
August- break
Sept-Dec- Australia, Asia
Early 2019- North America

I certainly hope they would return to Australia and Asia before they play ANOTHER tour in the US. The US has already had 3 major tours since they've been to Australia (2011, 2015, 2017). Plus I think waiting until 2019 would give the US market a little time to recharge (as well as my credit card). But no matter what they decide to do, I will be there.

If you think they're going to wait over a year after the album's release to go back to the U.S, you're deranged.

In all honesty, U2 could pull a 30-40 show US/Canada leg next year and sell it out, especially in arenas. It will be interesting to see how many US markets that got JT shows will get EI shows as well. Obviously NYC, LA, Philly, DC, Boston, Chicago and Toronto. I wonder about places like Texas or Miami. Seattle or Vancouver.

3 cities that I think are definite shoe-ins are Edmonton, Atlanta and Las Vegas. Both haven't been played since the 360 Tour, Edmonton and Vegas have brand new arenas, 2 shows in those cities at least. Detroit and Sacramento also have brand new arenas, so I can see them both being worked in. Milwaukee will have a new arena opening next September, and they haven't been there since 2005, so that's a possibility. When a city has a brand new arena, there are forces at work to try and attract every possible event to that arena.

Whatever they decide to do, it's a guarantee that they won't skip Chicago, so I'll at least have that! Only a 6 hour drive, not hateful.

Last edited:
Man I wish U2 did something like Brand New did today.

Thy delayed their album in September last year (and if U2 fans thought they waited a long time, these guys were recording for 8 years...)

No word or rumours offering any insight.

15 August random social media post offering a very limited (500 only) vinyl preorder for "lp5" that sold out in 30 mins, no more details except that it would be delivered "in October".

17 August the people that preordered received a random package in the mail that was the new album in plain packaging, all on one track.

A fan live streams it o Facebook and people start learning song titles by Shazaaming songs on the stream.

When the stream ends, the band release the album on their web store, including download codes.

And the album is incredible.

Cmon U2...

The fun begins now!!!!!
And lets not forget the best part.... the leak puns!!!

Man I wish U2 did something like Brand New did today.

Thy delayed their album in September last year (and if U2 fans thought they waited a long time, these guys were recording for 8 years...)

No word or rumours offering any insight.

15 August random social media post offering a very limited (500 only) vinyl preorder for "lp5" that sold out in 30 mins, no more details except that it would be delivered "in October".

17 August the people that preordered received a random package in the mail that was the new album in plain packaging, all on one track.

A fan live streams it o Facebook and people start learning song titles by Shazaaming songs on the stream.

When the stream ends, the band release the album on their web store, including download codes.

And the album is incredible.

Cmon U2...

Wait, so they gave Shazam the code prior? Did they tell fans to use Shazam?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom