SOE 22 - 2018 it is... (it isn't)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Registered Dude

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
The latest:
- July single was a bust. Expect first single in early September (Rumor: Sept 8). Reportedly it's The Best Thing
- U2songs reporting album release of December 1 (rumor)
- band still holding listening sessions for media (fact)
- Willie Williams confirms talks underway about post SOE/Ei tour plans
- a bit of American Soul is heard in Bono sample in Kendrick's XXX.. maybe a little more uptempo. A "rocker"

Album details:
Likely production team:
Steve Lillywhite
Andy Barlow
Ryan Tedder
Jacknife Lee
Jolyon Thomas

Known song titles, recently mentioned:
- The Light at Home
- American Soul
- The Little Things That Give You Away
- You're the Best Thing About Me (or is it The Best Thing About You Is Me?)
- The Showman
- Summer of Love
- Red Flag Day

Past song mentions... staus unknown
- Get Out of Your Own Way
- Landlady
- Tightrope
- Much More Better
- Civilisation
- Instrument Flying
- Love is All We Have Left
- Where the Shadows Fall

Last edited:
https://itunes.apple.com/au/post/idsa.970f97b0-6bdf-11e7-9448-d8116e441e76

Hear Bono talk about American Soul. He says song is "a letter to America." Cites this verse

"it's not a place, this country to me is a thought
that offers grace for every welcome that is sought

Also says that a lot of the songs on SOE are "letters" (ex. The Showman is a letter to fans/the audience)

Last edited:
It's not bad. I just hear it in the singing style that we heard from the Kendrick track and it really isn't bad.

Bono and U2 for that matter used to have such an openness / space to their music and I think that's part of the change.

Bono's style has changed where he doesn't allow the words to breathe. It's quicker pace and I think that contributes to the clunk

The full Zane Lowe interview drops soon. Will it be available for everyone to watch for free or would you need an Apple Music subscription?

We better be fucking good going forward. There's no interest here in being a heritage act.

Edge says it will be out this year...

What does Larry think of the new record? - "We're getting there"... LOL

No new news... sigh

We better be fucking good going forward. There's no interest here in being a heritage act.

Edge says it will be out this year...

What does Larry think of the new record? - "We're getting there"... LOL

No new news... sigh

That's ok. We know the album will be out this year. I don't want song by song previews 4.5 months before the release.

At least Bono seemed very passionate by saying "we better be fucking good" and saying it's going to be a "ridiculous" album

Like I've said before, the band know how important Songs Of Experience is especially as a follow up to the success of touring the Joshua Tree.

I believe they will deliver...whenever it comes out.

Last edited:
That's ok. We know the album will be out this year. I don't want song by song previews 4.5 months before the release.

I agree. I don't want some detailed outline of each song. But maybe a little nugget, even about the first single, since that isn't too far off. Maybe who was most involved in production. the sounds they got into from using a new producer like Thomas or Barlow... Just something more than it will be out this year...

giphy.gif

At least Bono seemed very passionate by saying "we better be fucking good" and saying it's going to be a "ridiculous" album

Like I've said before, the band know how important Songs Of Experience is especially as a follow up to the success of touring the Joshua Tree.

I believe they will deliver...whenever it comes out.
Agreed.

Back
Top Bottom