SOE 21 - It comes down to this...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I never understood this whole secrecy thing with U2 music. The industry has changed. Album sales aren't what they used to be, and I would guess it has to do with attention spans decreasing.

No one but us diehards are even aware of a new album.

Agreed. Now more than ever, with the focus being more on songs than albums, where streaming is king, building buzz is something that is critical. They may think playing a new song at a show every week or so is building buzz. But that is tiny in the larger scheme of things. They're preaching to the choir.
Would be awesome for them to have people from these listening sessions get out on Twitter and give some general impressions. Maybe bar them from going into specifics of titles or lyrics or something for a certain time period, but even that doesn't make much sense.
Let em get on Twitter and Facebook and say they heard some phenomenal new songs from the upcoming U2 album. It just whets the appetite and gets people looking forward to hearing it.
Lets face it, they need all the buzz they can get with new material these days.

:wave:
We now also have Edge saying it's decided that the album is finished when prompted by Bono before they played Little Things in Boston...!

Great performance of the song btw.

That's still undecided it seems. U2songs, saying that there are conflicting reports on whether there will be a July and September single, or just September.

But guessing still looking very positive that the album is coming?

:wave:

We now also have Edge saying it's decided that the album is finished when prompted by Bono before they played Little Things in Boston...!

Great performance of the song btw.

Didn't Bono say "If the Edge says it nearly finished"

"Nearly" puts us right back at the Kimmile performance.

Edge back pedaled there and said "Kind of". Either playfully joking that it's done or it really is just "kind of" finished and we still know nothing.

Last edited:
Based on 'listening sessions' with the press and record execs...I'm leaning towards a September single\December Album release...:hmm:

I have no inside info...it just feels like we're heading that direction as of now...:yes:

My final prediction is a single before the start of the 2nd North American leg, and a November album release. I really doubt they wouldn't take advantage of Black Friday sales and release the album on December 1st.

My final prediction is a single before the start of the 2nd North American leg, and a November album release. I really doubt they wouldn't take advantage of Black Friday sales and release the album on December 1st.

Yeah, no idea why they would wait til 1st December. Maybe there will be a digital release before 1st December anyways? Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think digital albums are a big thanksgiving present are they?

Are you trolling.

No sir. Not talking lyrically. But the chorus totally reminds me of that old vocal style. The versus are more POP or HTDDAB esque.
And not just the best bass on the album, but some of the best guitar on the album as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom