SOE 20 - Sometimes, the end isn't coming...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know that anything will ever beat "calling your church". That was by far one of the most shocking moments in Interference history.

It was pretty weird. I thought it was all a joke, still don't know for sure.

Someone call Edge's church and so the next sermon can focus on finishing the album

I don't know that anything will ever beat "calling your church". That was by far one of the most shocking moments in Interference history.

Can someone post a link to that thread so I can save it to read anytime I want to laugh

Heh. Seeing the lyrics to The Little Things, "joyful" isn't the word that comes to mind!

(God, please let this stupid album come out this year.)

Bono definitely is talking/sounding like it's done....aside from Edge tinkering.

Definitely a different vibe than what we originally thought for the sound or theme of the album.

lots of hits!!!1zzzzz

"(we) sound like we're all 18. It's very defiant, very joyful. It's got big tunes, and if you don't like them you're deaf."

I cringe when I hear "big tunes" from Bonos mouth.

I cringe when I hear Ryan Tedder is there for the big melodies.

But I still can't wait to hear Songs of Sexperience

Here's to hoping they announce a release date on Kimmel

They're the only guests, so they're gonna have to talk about SOMETHING. My guess is they hem-haw around it, make a few jokes about how it'd be out by now if it weren't for Edge, maybe play Little Things, and leave it at that.

Once they announce this South American leg, and we know for sure if it's JT or IE, that will pretty much seal the deal for a 2017 release or not. We should know soon.

Heh. Seeing the lyrics to The Little Things, "joyful" isn't the word that comes to mind!

(God, please let this stupid album come out this year.)

May be, The Little Things is cut out from the album at the last minute just like NORTH STAR was left out of SOI. It will be played live for a while but will never be heard as an album version.

When will u2 realise that their joyful songs suck? Their best albums like AB, JT, Zoorpoa and TUF have all had a dark edge to them.

I fear that this is going to be another disappointing ATYCLB type album.

Last edited:
When will u2 realise that their joyful songs suck? Their best albums like AB, JT, Zoorpoa and TUF have all had a dark edge to them.

wow you want some doom metal album mate?

Bring back Evil Edge.

Have to admit, I totally agree. I could give a shit about another Walk On, or Yahweh, or even BD. Upbeat is ok, if it's in the vein of Crystal Ballroom, or Mysterious Ways, but I would much rather have darker, moodier U2.

I have to admit that the song from the end of the Fender video sounded a bit "joyous" but still sounded great, so hopefully that's more what we get.

Darker U2 always means a far better Edge performance.

Even in the darker songs, Edge still would play like Edge. He would mask the delay and other Edgey sounds with pedal/effects that it sounded out of this world.

Every since Vertigo, he seems to be on this 60s/70s riff style, almost trying to be Jimmy Page, and he'll never come close. I don't mind the delay, the classic ringing tones (OOTS is lovely and could listen to the chorus guitar for days) but he has had far too few moments of WOW.

Aside from Bono throwing in as many syllables as he can into a lyric, I feel Edge has really been a let down over the past decade and a half.

Hopefully no more of these styles that we've seen too often

Walk On Riff
COBL Riff
GOYB Riff
SFS Riff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom