SOE 19: Back To The Studio Part II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Wherever The Joshua Tree is in the set, how would you prefer it to be played?

• Total voters
The Moog Moogerfooger has some interesting kinda modulated stoping thing going on... if thats the right term I am not a guitar player ha

The Electro Harmonix also has a heavy sound... kinda like the being born clip as well

For all we know though maybe this is what the floor looked like for SOI at one point.... and then things changed ha

Must stop looking at these clips don't wanna get my hopes up for this kinda thing too much and then get poppy synths.....

Love how this sounds!

If they've all gone there separate ways again, would be nice to say, SOE is in the bag

A body bag, maybe.

original.gif

I think it was used on Come as You Are. But none of this has to do with the Nirvana track Big Cheese.

There's a pedal named Big Cheese made by this company Lovetone. the Cheese Sauce has 2 sides; one side is Brown Sauce, which is another (overdrive) pedal Lovetone makes and the other side is Big Cheese, which is the octave fuzz. I didnt even talk about any Nirvana songs.

Also intro riff of Come As You Are wasn't done by PolyChorus, it was done by Small Clone, the chorus pedal.

The ultimate tease was releasing a song called Soooooooooooooooon that suggested a sound akin to the album they said was just around t he corner :angry:

still, Soon :heart:

I would love SOE to sound like the snippets we can hear in this video from The Edge :

I've just listened back to the "SOE Being Born Clip" and i love this raw, agressive sound !

I wish they'll go further in that direction!

I would love SOE to sound like the snippets we can hear in this video from The Edge :

I've just listened back to the "SOE Being Born Clip" and i love this raw, agressive sound !

I wish they'll go further in that direction!

Based on what little we've heard, the general direction of Edge in the last few albums (vertigo, GoYB, Miracle, Cedarwood Road), talk of SoE being aggressive and raw, and hell, even the wealth of distortion pedals we saw in that instagram post, it seems Edge is indeed very set on a sort of classic/hard rock guitar sound.

Not necessarily a bad thing, but I do suspect it's slightly incompatible with making a modern and/or successful 'hit' (I'm not overtly aware of what's topping the charts these days, but i feel 'rock' songs aren't as big as they were even 10 years ago). Unless they do something clever with the classic rock formula, I think that straightforward garage band rock sound could sound dated.

Having said that, I really like Edge's guitar work in the verses of The Best Thing - it's clearly a heavy, angry distorted guitar riff, but it contrasts so well with the lighter, dancey, upbeat club arrangement that the drums/bass/synths have. So perhaps a fusion of that more hard rock sound with something dancey fused with it could be a way for U2 to reinterpret/reintroduce rock, in contrast to say, Coldplay going full-EDM with the Chainsmokers.

He posted yesterday that it was just a April fool's joke and that anyone that takes his artifice seriously should check their head.

He posted yesterday that it was just a April fool's joke and that anyone that takes his artifice seriously should check their head.

April fool's joke delivered in February !!! ...... At least we can give credit to Bono that he did not delay there.

Back
Top Bottom