SOE 18: New Tour, New Despair...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Totally agree. I've had that chorus in my head since I first heard it... it's an incredible hook, and the arrangement is actually pretty damn good for what it is.

I think the song will be great no matter the arrangement – it has a great structure and hook – but I honestly have no problem with the remix/EDM version... I hope we get an official release of it, even if it is a B-side/remix.

I just went to YouTube and somebody uploaded a high quality video at the end of last year...

Good find :up: I think this is the only video that actually includes the start of the song.

Sounds like a pretty cool mix of shimmer guitar pedal and vocals. It only lasts a couple of seconds and has no bearing on the rest of the song, but still... I like it. It also kind of sounds like the ending to a previous song, that's leading into TBT (though i doubt that's actually the case).

Sounds great - just downloaded it and will upload a more EQ'd copy for those interested

Nice one!

Btw, was it you who uploaded an EQ'd version of the beach clip/band version of this song back in the summer, and if so could I get the link again?

(Or does anyone else have it?)

I remember there were 3 beach clips - one of the remix, a poorer quality recording of the (presumably) band mix that gets drowned out by waves halfway through (this can be found on YouTube), and then a better quality recording of the band mix. It's that last one I want to hear, but can't find it anywhere.

Nice one!

Btw, was it you who uploaded an EQ'd version of the beach clip/band version of this song back in the summer, and if so could I get the link again?

(Or does anyone else have it?)

I remember there were 3 beach clips - one of the remix, a poorer quality recording of the (presumably) band mix that gets drowned out by waves halfway through (this can be found on YouTube), and then a better quality recording of the band mix. It's that last one I want to hear, but can't find it anywhere.

I mixed two of the clips together and cleaned them a bit. Will zip it with this new one and send it later when I am home. Have cleaned this new one to bring the bass out more and reduce some of the tinny sounds. Much of a muchness.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

So Red Hill Mining Town gets an * next to it on the set list since it will be a new version correct?
No.

Honestly what is everyone expecting from this new version? Lillywhite said he mixed it and Bono resang the lyric.

So it won't be in a different key if the rest of the recording is still the original band recording, unless they had some master in a lower key somewhere. It'll just be Bono singing the song in his now voice vs his then voice.

No.

Honestly what is everyone expecting from this new version? Lillywhite said he mixed it and Bono resang the lyric.

So it won't be in a different key if the rest of the recording is still the original band recording, unless they had some master in a lower key somewhere. It'll just be Bono singing the song in his now voice vs his then voice.
I've heard rumours that during the tour Bono might sing all the songs in his "now voice" so all the songs will be new 2017 versions.

:(

:angry:

Pretty sure that despite some recent claims to the contrary, RHMT was meant to be the second single rather than ISHFWILF and that WOWY was always meant to be first.

Gotcha, didn't know that. Thanks.

Either way, finally gets its release.

No.

I think it was the Mojo article where it mentioned that only the verses were re-recorded. So... let's not get too carried away everyone.

wow. not sure what happened, but there are now only about 400 tickets left for the show in Tampa. So pretty much a sellout at this point.

Achtung Baby! had 11 out of 12 songs played live (not at a single show however) if i am not mistaken? Which puts it up there with POP as an album almost played in its entirety.

Pretty sure that despite some recent claims to the contrary, RHMT was meant to be the second single rather than ISHFWILF and that WOWY was always meant to be first.

Ax, I remember reading a Rolling Stone snippet back in late 1986 that U2 was finishing up their new album and that RHMT was supposed to be the first single. I have some old RS's so I'll go back and double check.

Achtung Baby! had 11 out of 12 songs played live (not at a single show however) if i am not mistaken? Which puts it up there with POP as an album almost played in its entirety.

Yep. But unlike Pop, that 12th song, Acrobat, never got snippeted. That's why Pop ranks ahead of the other albums with one song unplayed in terms of live completion.

Ax, I remember reading a Rolling Stone snippet back in late 1986 that U2 was finishing up their new album and that RHMT was supposed to be the first single. I have some old RS's so I'll go back and double check.

This story has gone through enough telling a that I'm doubting my memory and haven't the time to check sources. So, yeah, clarification would be good.

I never had an urgent desire to hear TJT.. in full.. live... (because some months back I couldn't think of such a thing happen anyway)... but as it gets closer , I really think this is going to be one of the best moves in band history at a crucial time for them.

I still think this is a rescue plan because of the SOE delay... but this TJT Anniversary Tour could turn out to be the (last?) turning point to "Make U2 great again". What they say in MOJO magazine sounds promising regarding their approach to "improve" the final mix of SOE.

Getting a 2017 version of RHMT is a nice add on. I guess after all my doubts I have nothing to worry about. This will be a great year for us.

Good find :up: I think this is the only video that actually includes the start of the song.

Sounds like a pretty cool mix of shimmer guitar pedal and vocals. It only lasts a couple of seconds and has no bearing on the rest of the song, but still... I like it. It also kind of sounds like the ending to a previous song, that's leading into TBT (though i doubt that's actually the case).

Coldplay shit.... i don t like it. But thanks for the find.

*has. I'm glad it was mentioned in the Mojo interview, means it's still kicking around.

Yeah, i like this song. It obviously has a clear EBTTRT feel to it, which is cool. Now if the Edge could get in there and tear it up a bit with some tough guitar, I think they could have a cool balance of a catchy song with an edge to it.

Here's to hoping.

Why was that song played??

Was that a seed planted by U2? Or did the DJ just have it and played it?

But I really like that song. Songs connect today with simple beats and soaring vocals these days & both are found in this tune.

Totally agree. I've had that chorus in my head since I first heard it... it's an incredible hook, and the arrangement is actually pretty damn good for what it is.

I think the song will be great no matter the arrangement – it has a great structure and hook – but I honestly have no problem with the remix/EDM version... I hope we get an official release of it, even if it is a B-side/remix.

I just went to YouTube and somebody uploaded a high quality video at the end of last year...

For the life of me I don't get the apeal of going to a concert where a guy just plays songs off his laptop.

I get it in a club setting, but not in a concert setting, unless everybody's just tripping balls.

Maybe I'm getting old.

For the life of me I don't get the apeal of going to a concert where a guy just plays songs off his laptop.

I get it in a club setting, but not in a concert setting, unless everybody's just tripping balls.

Maybe I'm getting old.

Agree, and you're correct. Everyone is either high or drunk.

What scares me about that, is the drugs people think they're getting (molly, coke, etc) aren't actually pure. Testing has shown most drugs are a mix of meth and bath salts

So you want to know where the zombie apocalypse will start, look no further than a EDM festival.

I do not understand the appeal of that Kygo song. And this is coming from someone who likes catchy, dancy pop. But I don't get what everyone is talking about when they talk positively about the song.

(The melody is catchy, but overall - blerg.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom