SOE 18: New Tour, New Despair...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What a political cop-out. They go from openly criticizing Trump to worrying about offending half the audience? Is Bullet just going to be played straight now? This tour is grabbing Bono by the...

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

How is it hard to understand that the way Bono is going to talk about Trump would change before and after the election? Before he was using his position to do everything he could to keep him out of office.

Bono is smart enough to know how to get things done from working the system and the continual rants will do nothing. Look at how he approached W when he was in office. He obviously didn't agree with him, but he found common ground and hounded him, and made huge strides on the issues closest to him.

This has always been his approach. He is smart enough to know continually piling on and denigrating Trump is not going to serve his end game.

Larry did some photoshoot in Dublin today:
C2TcllMWIAAxerM.jpg:large

C2Tc22FXEAA67cM.jpg:large

https://twitter.com/Gpaul1972

Confirmed rumor: Larry's going solo

I call it what it is.

:lol:

You've done exactly the opposite with everything for the entire ~14 years I've been on this forum. Your opinions are consistently dreadful.

So it seems I really could have this conversation for the rest of my life. But I've better things to do, so see ya.

just listening to Glastonbury, not heard it in a long time and say what you want about that song, The Edge at least needs to play more guitar like that during verses. It's nothing flashy but better than listening to him hitting muted strings for a few bars, which I know is pretty common complaint here..

Edge needs to start laying down some sick and twisted solos and blow our minds. He needs to get in touch with his inner Yngiweiee Malmsteerin.

clerks;8134580 I really don't want to go to this tour and hear any political stuff. I want to hear hope. And talk of the future. I want those 2 hours to be safe from twitter land. I want Bono to see what I see which is that life is getting better for people even when it appears the world is ending. I don't believe in the no win scenario. [/QUOTE said:
I don't think U2 believe in the no win scenario either, that's why they're politically active and outspoken. They see how things can improve and work towards those goals and encourage their fans to do that as well. There's no defeatism in U2.

If you don't want to hear any political stuff then you're going to be disappointed though - there's always a political component to U2 shows. It might come in the form of speeches or the presentation, but it will always be there in the songs. U2 aren't escapist music.

Life isn't getting better. For a lot of people it's going to get worse. From the millions who will lose health care and die to women and non-whites who face attacks on their right to equal treatment to a destabilized system of global alliances... unfortunately this isn't a time of improvement, it's a time for mobilization and I am glad that U2 are talking about bringing the fight again!

But besides the world ending do you think the tour shirts will be cool?

Based on I+e they may be godawful.

just listening to Glastonbury, not heard it in a long time and say what you want about that song, The Edge at least needs to play more guitar like that during verses. It's nothing flashy but better than listening to him hitting muted strings for a few bars, which I know is pretty common complaint here..

It would be wonderful if he played something interesting. Reach was up there for his latest work.

but it's either mute strings/scratching, or the Miracle style power chords

After last tour's options including shirts with the band laying in bed together or Larry hugging his shirtless teenage son, I'm thinking there is nowhere to go but up.

God save us if I'm wrong.

LOL. It's weird, i haven't seen anyone on the streets wearing the tee shirt with Larry hugging his shirtless son.

LOL. It's weird, i haven't seen anyone on the streets wearing the tee shirt with Larry hugging his shirtless son.

How weird will anyone look in 20 years with that T-shirt, through the eyes of someone who had no idea what Songs of Innocence was?

It makes me very happy to see that U2 can still sell out stadiums.

I don't know why that makes me happy because it has no bearing myself and I don't care if other people like the same band as me, but it makes me happy nonetheless

I dig the retro. Wouldn't mind something similar with a nod to it being the 30th Anniversary

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom