SOE 18: New Tour, New Despair...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone got the latest Q yet? Talks about SOE, be interesting to see what it says.

Sent from my SM-G930F using U2 Interference mobile app

Anyone got the latest Q yet? Talks about SOE, be interesting to see what it says.

Atu2 did an article - not much new, except 4 song titles from 14/15 are still intact (including the awful Much More Better)

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Atu2 did an article - not much new, except 4 song titles from 14/15 are still intact (including the awful Much More Better)

I'm glad to see 'Civilisation' is still around - that's the tune that was mentioned by more than one source as having 'colossal' drums, something i'm very keen to hear.

Desrepation
Discolation
Serapation, condenmation
Relevation in temptation
Ilosation, delosation
Get it lo

Notice they're touring their best known album ?

Joe Average might have heard of JT. Whereas Joe Average might not even know SOE is coming.

Nostalgia, not revelance, is the name of the game here.

Call it what you will, that nostalgia is more "revelant" than anything new the band could do.

You're not relevant if you're not doing something people are interested in. People are more interested in a famous old album than a new effort. Ergo, greater relevance.

Please, try to understand before one of us dies.

Please, try to understand before one of us dies.

Ha. Just watched both series of Fawlty Towers for the first time in ages last weekend. I know comedy's a whole different kettle of fish, but anyone whipping themselves into a frenzy about U2 should look to John Cleese's incredible decline over the last few decades for some perspective, fucking hell.

So question regarding a possible Joshua Tree 30th Anniversary release...would they do something like they did with Achtung Baby and release demos or working mixes of all 11 original songs? How about a studio take of "Womanfish" there's got to be a recorded take of this. I mean they played it on TV Ga Ga in 1986...:hmm:

If there's a new version of Red Hill Mining Town on the way, I'd be surprised if a 30th anniversary edition didn't follow. Why release an old song, albeit a new version, and not try and sell a few more copies of the original album? (Not that it needed any help this past week.)

That 20th anniversary box was fantastic and as definitive as the band would allow given their reluctance to open the vaults, so it seems pretty unnecessary to release another edition unless they're going to dig a bit deeper this time, otherwise what's the point?

They surely won't sink to re-releasing that same material as ten years ago but with 4-5 extra "finished" demos and new versions of JT songs and expect it to sell to anybody besides die-hard completists, so maybe there's one of those ludicrously oversized behemoths like Achtung Baby on the way??

Or simply a single disc reissue with just the new version of Red Hill Mining Town as the lone bonus track! :lol:

Everyone sure was talking about that bear scene in The Revenant. Take note U2.

Ha. Just watched both series of Fawlty Towers for the first time in ages last weekend. I know comedy's a whole different kettle of fish, but anyone whipping themselves into a frenzy about U2 should look to John Cleese's incredible decline over the last few decades for some perspective, fucking hell.

:up:

Comedy genius to uncle you want to ignore at family gatherings.

I keep seeing everywhere in articles that Bonnaroo is U2's first headlining festival appearance in the US... have people already forgotten they JUST performed at iHeartRadio months ago?

iHeart may have "festival" in the name, but let's be honest, it's really just a corporate showcase.

I can't think of U2 playing any non-charity festival in North America other than the US Festival in May 1983, when they were well down the bill. But as far as charity festivals go, they headlined the Conspiracy of Hope festival tour, not to mention a few other appearances.

I see. Serves me right for only reading the last 3 posts every time I check this thread!

worst thing is i did read everything and didn't even notice :crack:

According to Edge in Q magazine, they started rehearsing the new songs as a four piece and realised where the weak spots were... which clicks with the rumours of rehearsals before iHeart that fell through.
Anyone know if there are scans of the article anywhere?

According to Edge in Q magazine, they started rehearsing the new songs as a four piece and realised where the weak spots were... which clicks with the rumours of rehearsals before iHeart that fell through.

This is what happens when you write bits here and there, and then piece it altogether in the studio

This is what happens when you write bits here and there, and then piece it altogether in the studio

that won't get better with a "planned" fall 2017 release.. with the tour inbetween and re-thinking some songs / re-writing songs .. adding new songs ... because .. a new president.

iHeart may have "festival" in the name, but let's be honest, it's really just a corporate showcase.

I can't think of U2 playing any non-charity festival in North America other than the US Festival in May 1983, when they were well down the bill. But as far as charity festivals go, they headlined the Conspiracy of Hope festival tour, not to mention a few other appearances.
Tibetan Freedom Concert as well

lmao

"concert tomorrow? Better try these new songs out tonight!"

"We couldn't figure out how to play a remix with 3 instruments in 1 go, better scrap the whole thing"

Do you guys all think the band will play Evelation during the tour?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom