SOE 16: Protect This House

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do we have to? LOL

I just have a feeling this new thread will be about rumors, speculation, weird Adam art photos, discussion of the bands' relevance or lack thereof, where's Larry, Trump crap, and perhaps a dash of DJ Khaleed.

I pray that this thread will have NEW POSITIVE info...album and tour.:D

I feel I'd the band were confident enough to put 2017 in that Omaze prize, that they must know the album is done or at least so close to done that it's inevitable, and/or have already started booking dates.

They've done similar things in the past, and I'm sure there's probably some legal language in the fine print that will allow them to wiggle out of it if needs be, but past contests like this when there's been no tour announced have always read "on their next tour," without specifically mentioning a date.

Of course it could just be an oversight and it'll be changed.. but I have to imagine it's a good sign.

Or they could just continue the tour without a new album.

Bite your tongue !

I've been to many U2 shows and other than the birth of my kids, they really are some of the highlights of my life...sad but true.

However, the excitement of seeing them live does fade over time.

However, a U2 album, that lasts with me forever. It becomes the soundtrack of my life and ingrained into my DNA.

I really hope they come out with at least 1 more album...I mean, I'll take 9 more but i'll take what i can get.

I feel I'd the band were confident enough to put 2017 in that Omaze prize, that they must know the album is done or at least so close to done that it's inevitable, and/or have already started booking dates.

Agreed. It easily could've been "meet U2 in Dublin for a pint" if they wanted to offer something for (RED) but weren't sure they'd be on the road next year. They also could've just vaguely said "meet the band at a future show." But this contest seems very confident in a 2017 tour.

Plus, with the previous Omaze contest in November 2014 (which they announced a full month before before the innocence + experience tour was unveiled), it looks good for an upcoming annoucement.

I feel strongly that this is one sign of the promotional machine getting into gear. I think we'll start to hear a lot more in the coming weeks.

Do we have to? LOL

D

Perfect response!! Ugh, so annoying.

At this time last year 2016 seemed so promising for both a new album and further tour dates. The fact that basically nothing happened in 2016 is kinda funny.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

I am beyond excited about that Kimmel thing now. Return of MacPhisto? I NEED to see this. Do you know if that's gonna be available online afterwards?

The return of MacPhisto is totally unexpected and awesome... might have to watch this.

Cool - will be interesting. Not expecting anything at all relative to new album, but he may confirm something about the tour if the competition is raised.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

That looks wicked awesome!

Also, according to the Bonnaroo subreddit, U2 is semi-confirmed for the festival. Of course, this is according to an "insider," so take it with a giant grain of salt.

I just found one video with Bono in it. I suppose he did more than just that one song, right?

I have dreamed of a ZOO TV and MacPhisto return since the ZOO TV tour ended so even this tiny glimpse (and I know I will be ultimately disappointed) makes me very happy and nostalgic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom