SOE 16: Protect This House

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just look how much Adam has aged in a year:

2016:

334b1b4e545dfcc4297752c903d5583a.jpg

2015:

1000w

U2 is dad

So this is a possible leaked promo poster. Sorry if it's already been posted. I haven't been here in awhile.

Eta: nevermind. It's fake. Damn.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using U2 Interference mobile app

Attachments

• 1481342653408.jpg
    1481342653408.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 64
Last edited:
U2 playing Bonnaroo would be odd but not out of the realm of possibility. Sure, they messed up at Glastonbury but they were still willing to play the iHeartRadio festival this year. Plus, Bonnaroo has had everyone from Paul McCartney to Springsteen headline. They'd fit in just fine.

So this is a possible leaked promo poster. Sorry if it's already been posted. I haven't been here in awhile.

Eta: nevermind. It's fake. Damn.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using U2 Interference mobile app

Bugger,U2 and the chili peppers. My 2 favourite bands, would have been good!

Sent from my Hudl 2 using U2 Interference mobile app

Someone asked the host if he asked Larry about new tour and he replied "yes... there won't be"... it's not a very clear translation, and he may well have been bullshitting, who knows?

Sent from my SM-G930F using U2 Interference mobile app

Last edited:
It can only mean he's out of the band!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

That's it! The album/tour plans have been thrown out!

Actually, that is possible.

So their last every performance will be for the red one competition winners,might buy a ticket now.

Sent from my SM-G935F using U2 Interference mobile app

Someone asked the host if he asked Larry about new tour and he replied "yes... there won't be"... it's not a very clear translation, and he may well have been bullshitting, who knows?

Sent from my SM-G930F using U2 Interference mobile app

It is accurate.

"Did he tell you anything about the new tour?" and the response is

"Yes....there won't be a tour, they're tired."

:shrug:

I wonder if there will be an announcement that nothing is happening, or if we just keep waiting month after month with no word.

Really fucking sick of it all now,if you are not going to tour then fair enough. But at least tell the fans and release some music!

Sent from my SM-G935F using U2 Interference mobile app

So we really believing a random Facebook thing?

I still never understand people who ask about a new tour before a new album whenever they meet the band

It's not exactly a new tour, though. This band has been managed horribly ever since Paul quit. It's like there's no leadership or forward momentum at all.

Whatever. This band gave us 35 great years of music and tours, anything we get now is a bonus.

While I agree they don't owe us anymore tours if they don't want to or release any more albums, they have given us plenty! I just wished though that if they don't want to tour/release a new album to just come out and say it rather than beating around the bush and keeping their hardcore fans in suspense. I would totally understand if they didn't want to tour any more or release anything but for the love of god don't tell us of a possible new album and tour and keep pushing the dates if the intention is not there to release anything or go on tour. That's just cruel! With that said are we to believe what some random Facebook dude said? And also if there is a surprise tour and or album anouncement soon, do you really think Adam will just say yeah we have an album ready on "January 6 2017 and tour in March but shhh don't tell anyone it will be a surprise" lol. Ofcourse not!

The Bonnaroo rumors seem very strong. The lineup is announced on January 11th. If U2 are actually playing it, that means we should know something about something around January 11th. I find it unlikely that they would just play Bonnaroo as a ONE off. Although there was iHeart... who the fuck knows?

I'm not a festival person. But it seems to me that lineups aren't typically announced all at once. So a U2 announcement wouldn't necessarily happen on jan 11. Am I wrong? Personally, I don't care. I'm not gonna go there and it doesn't mean anything with regards to the tour / album.

It is accurate.

"Did he tell you anything about the new tour?" and the response is

"Yes....there won't be a tour, they're tired."

:shrug:
I confirm. The translation is correct. But I wouldn't believe this. Larry could very well have asked him to say this. Who knows.

Who knows. I wonder if Larry's talking about a potential promo tour for SOE, not a full fledged tour ?

It would certainly be a first for them to have an album and not play live. Unless of course there's something going on that's preventing one of them from performing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom