SOE 16: Protect This House

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
They need to start making the ramps a bit wider or at the very least put up some guardrails like they do when little kids go bowling.:sexywink:

I forgot about that. If that were B-Man, he would have fractured his entire body.

He'd have bounced right back on stage, because...

!BfWKFwg!mk~$(KGrHqIH-EQEreTmN+OeBL!3m+um4g~~_35.JPG

Church.... church.... church

church

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using U2 Interference mobile app

Prediction: RTSS returns with an extended Hallelujah outro with tribute to Leonard Cohen.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

I was really excited when I saw this recording. But I have to say I much prefer the original. The instrumental part is so great and fitting. This new version makes the song quite boring. I hope that's why it wasn't played. I'd LOVE to see it return to live shows, but in its original version.

I know that Edge's main riff is just being played on a loop. HOWEVER, that rhythm guitar does not sound like Edge. It's too messy and clumsy, it sounds like Bono playing. But Bono didn't play guitar any on the I&E Tour. Perhaps he tried, and it wasn't working out? It's definitely Bono singing. The reason he's holding back his voice is because he always holds back his voice during rehearsals.

The guitar just doesn't seem to fit at many points of the song. Synths near the end had some potential. Then again maybe this recording was the first time they'd tried to play it properly in 10+ years, so it's hard to be too critical. I really hope one day it'll be played again.

(thanks to nuno for recording)

You think it's faked from this audio?

No, sorry. Was posting before sleep.

I think edge has been playing around with this arrangement for a while, which first showed up on this video.

That guitar loop in the sound check is the exact same.

That's all

I remember thinking when Edge played it solo for that guy, that it didn't really work. Especially during the ha la la la de day parts. I just want them to bring back the ZOO TV version, that'd be great. This version... nay.

No, sorry. Was posting before sleep.

I think edge has been playing around with this arrangement for a while, which first showed up on this video.

That guitar loop in the sound check is the exact same.

That's all

Ok, gotcha...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom