SOE 16: Protect This House

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
he pulled it off beautifully - still got his schmoove moves hehe

Mention of U2 tour in 2017 has been removed from the Omaze promo wording

Cx8o3FTW8AAgOX4.jpg

It's pronounced "news" Bono, not "noos". I really don't know why Bono feels the need to be so Americanised.

Last edited:
sources tell me U2 are taking a collective shit on their legacy and fanbase.

whatta scoop!

Isn't it pretty much the same message, but with less words?

I'm going with no. To me the edit is a strong indication that they don't want this contest to be viewed as a 2017 tour confirmation.

Not sure who found version A and version B, but kudos... clearly paying attention.

Love that McPhisto is back; probably gonna give Bono some great new Twitter Hate material to read at some future moment too.

They've already pushed the tour back at least once, so when things are still up in the air it probably makes sense to just not guarantee anything in 2017, even if things are looking good. There's even a chance they just don't want to reveal they're touring next year until they can make an official announcement. I don't think this necessarily means they've written off next year.

Nonetheless, I'm falling into the view of another 4-5 year gap between SoI and whatever is next. I think the window for a quick follow up has gone, they've pushed back the release date repeatedly (last the band said was March/April, now Lillywhite is saying summer) and cycled through producers.
It feels like working and re-working material is a higher priority now than a quick release, and it's that attitude which took them so long to release NLOTH or SoI for example. It's all feeling way too similar to Songs of Ascent for me. I think best case scenario is an album in autumn 2017, but i could easily see the work - separated from SoI and the I&E tour by so much time - morphing into something entirely new and coming out in 2018/2019.

I feel I'd the band were confident enough to put 2017 in that Omaze prize, that they must know the album is done or at least so close to done that it's inevitable, and/or have already started booking dates.

They've done similar things in the past, and I'm sure there's probably some legal language in the fine print that will allow them to wiggle out of it if needs be, but past contests like this when there's been no tour announced have always read "on their next tour," without specifically mentioning a date.

Of course it could just be an oversight and it'll be changed.. but I have to imagine it's a good sign.
1eoth3.jpg

It's pronounced "news" Bono, not "noos". I really don't know why Bono feels the need to be so Americanised.

And exactly which accent do you think he feels the need to be?

I don't know anyone that says "noos".

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

i wouldn't worry about the wording changing. it still says "dress rehearsal experience," so they'll be rehearsing for something - i.e., tour.

If you go right to the bottom of the Omaze page, there's a section titled "stuff our lawyers want you to read", in which a date of "TBD 2017" is mentioned.

Of course, worst case scenario, they could just arrange a small private performance for the winners even if there is no tour.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom