SOE 15: Crickets

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hewson

Blue Crack Supplier
What we know:

Nothing till 2017 aside from a U2start rumor of an upcoming live appearance of TBT in next 2 weeks (one of which has passed).

Bono is not anorexic.

Carry on

Insert Comment about how U2 should stop chasing relevance, let Coldplay be the biggest band , and go make some interesting music.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

I really hope for SOE U2 stops chasing relevance and just lets Coldplay be the biggest band in the world. As long as they make some interesting music, I'll be happy.

We'll next see U2 in 18 months time when they play a "thank you" gig to a station for playing The Best Thing once. Maybe a corporate gig as well. These guys are so damn punk rock! #punkrock4evar #wearerocknroll

So Adam's in New York and Edge is in Ireland. Guess that U2start rumour ain't happening (can't see them travelling to other countries, regrouping and rehearsing within 1 week), though it was a pretty big long shot to begin with to be fair.

I'm looking forward to the next interview with the band. I'm very curious now whether they're just still mixing (i.e. the album simply wasn't finished in time for iHeart), or if they're starting largely from scratch, and going back to a writing/recording phase.

Anyway, looks like it's gonna be very quiet for the next couple months at least.

Anybody know where Bono is? Maybe he's still in California, and will appear onstage at the Hollywood Bowl with Kygo and sing the track. The whole band don't need to be around, it'd basically be like Bono doing karaoke.

(Keep in mind I think there is, at best, a 2% chance of this happening)

Adam is doing a mental health thing in Dublin this week for RTE. Maybe they're all back in Ireland? Something going down in Dublin? Yeah grasping at straws I know

Last edited:
Part of a BBC interview with Tedder on One Reps new album; so the advice goes both ways!!

Track nine: Born

What was the key ingredient in the conception of this album?

Friends. Ed Sheeran influenced a few songs in terms of how I approached the lyrics. Bono made me question everything, try and beat every lyric, be more brutal.

But I have a couple of guy friends who are in their early 30s and they don't care about pop music. Those guys give me the best feedback. Their response means more to me than anyone.

I wouldn't be taking lyrics advice from the guy who wrote Stand Up Comedy, Original of the Species, and Get on Your Boots.

I wouldn't be taking lyrics advice from the guy who wrote Stand Up Comedy, Original of the Species, and Get on Your Boots.

lol, Tedder even mentions them in the liner notes for the new album. So that's the real reason for the SOE delay, they've been too busy on One Republic's new album!

Well, there's a whole discography of great songs and great lyrics. So your judgement based on a few questionable lyrics seems a bit harsh ;)

Would be nice to get a lead single in Nov/Dec to lead up to hopefully an album say March 2017, but the guys love their holidays. Hopefully lots of noise early Jan and some promo work.

Apart from Vertigo (leaks / extensive airplay for a month+ beforehand), the latest in a calendar year a first single has been released is October 21 for The Fly.

And I just realised the NYD single was actually released on NYD :up:

Last edited:
Apart from Vertigo (leaks / extensive airplay for a month+ beforehand), the latest in a calendar year a first single has been released is October 21 for The Fly.

And I just realised the NYD single was actually released on NYD :up:

I think that's just the physical release. The Fly was on the radio and MTV in September of 91.

They do usually hit the studio in December if they're trying for a March release. My best guess is that'll happen this time.

Hit the studio to try and finish the final few songs, or whatever it is they need to do. Rush, rush, rush, and then it's vacation/holiday time

They do usually hit the studio in December if they're trying for a March release. My best guess is that'll happen this time.

Hit the studio to try and finish the final few songs, or whatever it is they need to do. Rush, rush, rush, and then it's vacation/holiday time

do genuinely wonder if that's the best way for them to record. spend time away/not thinking about the music too much, then just going in and banging everything out in 2 weeks, rather than sitting with it for two months.

I'd bet there's "work" being done now.. most likely Edge and the producer de jour playing with mixes

I'd bet there's "work" being done now.. most likely Edge and the producer de jour playing with mixes

I really hope that's the case... If it's only mixing that needs doing then we stand a chance at getting the album early next year a la NLOTH.

Of course it's always possible that Edge always messes with mixes, and the band is still gonna end up doing major revisions (going back to writing and recording, rather than wrapping up the album).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom