SOE 15: Crickets

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i really hope Adam has been throwing out subtle hints with all of the random posts and we're just missing them.

If in fact they are just that, random, i will feel:rolleyes::blahblah::crazy:.

There is an Asian man at work - i believe he is some kind of engineer - who smiled at me in the parking lot a little while ago. Ive always thought he kind of looked familiar, now i know why, he looks like Adam Clayton (if Adam Clayton were Asian). I want to sneak a picture of him but it would be kind of hard to do without him knowing / thinking i am some kind of crazy lunatic. Actually i may be, but i need to get him smiling which would be hard to do in this hypothetical situation. I don't know where i am really going with this other than i am feeling a little more unhinged than usual today. Oh, and perhaps there will be a song about Adam Clayton's long lost Asian twin on the new album?

So Lillywhite's in Monaco ready to "work" according to this tweet he just sent: https://twitter.com/Sillywhite/status/792036840782098432

This could be something, could be nothing but I'm leaning towards him working with U2. Bono & Edge have their villas in Eze (practically down the road from Monaco) and U2 have obviously been known to relax and record there in recent years. They recorded both "Electrical Storm" and "Hands That Built America" there and it's where they laid down the original tracks for HTDAAB (according to this article).

Hopefully they actually are holed up in a studio busting ass to get this out in early '17.

So Lillywhite's in Monaco ready to "work" according to this tweet he just sent: https://twitter.com/Sillywhite/status/792036840782098432

This could be something, could be nothing but I'm leaning towards him working with U2. Bono & Edge have their villas in Eze (practically down the road from Monaco) and U2 have obviously been known to relax and record there in recent years. They recorded both "Electrical Storm" and "Hands That Built America" there and it's where they laid down the original tracks for HTDAAB (according to this article).

Hopefully they actually are holed up in a studio busting ass to get this out in early '17.

good find !

fingers crossed.:applaud:

Re Lillywhite: I thought the same thing when I saw that instagram post. But Bono seems to be in Dublin (some fan picture). Just Edge and Lillywhite working in Eze? Maybe.
Re Adam's posts: there's yet another one. I'm starting to think he's trying to tell some sort of story or form a picture. I just doubt it's linked to SOE.

Re Lillywhite: I thought the same thing when I saw that instagram post. But Bono seems to be in Dublin (some fan picture).

Yeah I think I saw the same picture (Bono at a party in Dublin) yesterday on Instagram but in the comments the poster said it wasn't from yesterday but taken not too long ago. He very well could be back in Eze by now or the rest of the band could be working with Lillywhite. Hoping it's a good sign!

Also, if you read U2 at the end of the world, Paul was really pushing for a complete album so he could use it as leverage to negotiate their new record deal. It put him in a position of power, to say to Island "if you give in to our demands, we have a new album ready to go right now that is guaranteed to sell millions of copies. If not, I'm sure one of the bigger, major labels would love to have us". They were even entertaining pitches from other record companies. Ultimately they stayed with Island, which is what they wanted to do, but got a better deal and Zooropa was a big part of his negotiations.

I'm not entirely suggesting that Paul forced U2 to make an album just so he could have a bargaining chip. I'm saying that could be the reason they worked so hard to take it from an EP to an album. I mean, they were busting their ass at the last minute to finish that album, even flying back to Dublin between gigs to record.

Also, if you read that book, it all starts with a little note not long after the Mexico shows on the US leg.

Down at the Factory one night Edge and Bono are fiddling with some new music. Ali did let Bono back into the house after Mexico, and gave him until January to normal up. It's no easy assignment. He compared notes with Edge, who had no home to go back to and was anxious for a distraction. They're kicking around ideas for new songs, making cassettes, and getting ambitious about mid-winter recording sessions.
I suggest to Bono one afternoon that if Edge wanted to work because he had no home to go to, it's lucky he had you to call on—the man who never goes home.
"But coming from a very different position," Bono says sharply. "I can leave my house because I know it will still be there."
I ask Bono if the journey away from his marriage is what's been
motivating Edge to keep working. "I don't know," Bono says uncomfortably. "I think he's trying to figure out what he wants. And I can't imagine what it's like to ..." Bono pauses and looks at my tape recorder. Then he says, "This is a hard thing to say to a civilian, and to the great outdoors. I hate this idea of hard work. If you asked Edge or any of the others, we don't think we work hard, really. Not compared to a lot of people. But we have a kind of tenacity. We'll hold on to the ankle of something, we won't give in.
"But let's say for the sake of this that it is hard work. To do all that stuff and not have support at home is unfathomable. I don't know how, with the relationship ending, Edge managed to find any energy. And it's fair to say that there were times when he certainly didn't and that wasn't easy for us either. There's definitely periods when people go AWOL and it can last a year. It can last a long time. But by and large I think he managed to keep it together."

As for McG, while it may not have hurt that he had a new album to negotiate a new deal, it's not like U2's label would give up a band hot on the heels of a massive tour and a sucessful album...also, I seem to recall another Bono pushing for Zooropa going from from a mid-tour EP into a full blown album., not McGuiness.

I'm going to hell, I know

There is an Asian man at work - i believe he is some kind of engineer - who smiled at me in the parking lot a little while ago. Ive always thought he kind of looked familiar, now i know why, he looks like Adam Clayton (if Adam Clayton were Asian). I want to sneak a picture of him but it would be kind of hard to do without him knowing / thinking i am some kind of crazy lunatic. Actually i may be, but i need to get him smiling which would be hard to do in this hypothetical situation. I don't know where i am really going with this other than i am feeling a little more unhinged than usual today. Oh, and perhaps there will be a song about Adam Clayton's long lost Asian twin on the new album?

Is his name Adam Crayton?

Wtf is Adam on about though? If it isn't a major clue (it's not) then the pictures are boring, repetitive, and pointless...

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Just think of all the combinations he share on IG? That'll keep their social media footprint strong.

Why doesn't he just get his own Instagram to post this weird, meaningless stuff? He knows we all want info on the next album / tour, but he gives us nothing! I'm happy that he's rich and can fly anywhere he wants to take pictures of art, but THATS NOT WHAT WE WANT TO SEE!!!!!

I would like to see Adam at the gym doing endless amounts of squats. Or Yoga poses

I bet he's having a good laugh reading these posts :doh:
What I notice is that all three pictures are taken in the same spot and at least one pick has been used in between pictures. So he might actually be playing. So just a bass player playing the bass, or his way of telling us they're in the studio.
These will be a few long weeks until Christmas...

Last edited:
I hope these facebook updates with adams 3 different combination of guitar pics actually have some hidden message about new music..... but dont like my chances. 'They are probably just dreaming it all up again in the studio'. Maybe this is what they do to pass time and wait for god to pass through the room. Someone please give God a call and tell him to walk through the studio while they are in there.

Sent from my SM-N910G using U2 Interference mobile app

I hope these facebook updates with adams 3 different combination of guitar pics actually have some hidden message about new music..... but dont like my chances. 'They are probably just dreaming it all up again in the studio'. Maybe this is what they do to pass time and wait for god to pass through the room. Someone please give God a call and tell him to walk through the studio while they are in there.

Sent from my SM-N910G using U2 Interference mobile app

For goodness sake we are sooooooo desperate we are reading into adam's pic pics??? I think what this really shows is U2's lack of self-awareness to their fan base. If they are not close to releasing something then really is a dick move (no edge pun intended). Anyway i will take at face value that no album til next year and these posts are a waist of time (no bono joke intended)

A sauce suggests the picks will be used as a metaphor for experience, as they form the contact between musician and music. Album art likely to include a half-naked pick in a military helmet.

Sent from my SM-G920I using U2 Interference mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom