SOE 15: Crickets

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah but Coldplay was confirmed for last year and Beyoncé played instead.

:wink:

and Bruno Mars!!!

Coldplay ended up looking like 4 nerdy white guys dancing in the corner at a big party.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Adam REALLY likes art

and Bruno Mars!!!

Coldplay ended up looking like 4 nerdy white guys dancing in the corner at a big party.

I'm not the worlds biggest Coldplay advocate, but it looked like a global megastar, a band that is admittedly past its best, and Joe Pesci trying to look relevant. Who the fuck is Bruno Mars?

U2 Working Through Christmas On New Album

Larry Reportedly Living In Studio

"Tucker!!!! Tucker!!!!" Larry Heard Yelling While Pacing Around Studio With Rifle Slung Behind Head

Larry Informs Bandmates They Definitely Don't Want To Beam Uncool Thoughts In His Head

Last edited:
Hello fanbase, our old friends.
It's time to mess with you again.
Because that Kygo remix was leaking
Your hopes went up without thinking
That while the vision of our album still remains
In our brains
You get the songs ..
of silence.

Sent from my fingertips.

nicely done.

Man, a month ago we were all convinced something new was imminent. I'm as cynical of a U2 fan as any, but I admit I got swept up in the wave a little bit too. A month later and it's like U-Who? We're still just getting random pictures of Adam at art museums, and have literally no idea when we're going to hear anything new.

Maybe that means a month from now we'll know something? Naw...

Maybe that means a month from now we'll know something? Naw...[/QUOTE said:
Dont' fall into that positivity trap again !! Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice shame on me...or something like that. George Bush ruined that expression for me.:doh:

I still think the most likely scenario is that the 'band' work was done but edge wanted to keep tinkering. And while doing that they figured they may as well keep exploring the remix idea.
The only reason zooropa came out so soin was because the tour was booked and u2 were effectively just keeping their heads above water financially. If they could have delayed they would have. But they were at their artistic peak and pulled it off...

I reckon they're actually sounding pretty quietly confident this time around. In the big scheme October v March means little... I'm still pumped ☺

Sent from my SM-G920I using U2 Interference mobile app

I tried an Oculus Rift at work the other day. One of the free demos used techno music with visuals that went along with it. A lot of U2 songs would work brilliantly with this medium.

I still think the most likely scenario is that the 'band' work was done but edge wanted to keep tinkering. And while doing that they figured they may as well keep exploring the remix idea.
The only reason zooropa came out so soin was because the tour was booked and u2 were effectively just keeping their heads above water financially. If they could have delayed they would have. But they were at their artistic peak and pulled it off...

I reckon they're actually sounding pretty quietly confident this time around. In the big scheme October v March means little... I'm still pumped ☺

Sent from my SM-G920I using U2 Interference mobile app

Also, if you read U2 at the end of the world, Paul was really pushing for a complete album so he could use it as leverage to negotiate their new record deal. It put him in a position of power, to say to Island "if you give in to our demands, we have a new album ready to go right now that is guaranteed to sell millions of copies. If not, I'm sure one of the bigger, major labels would love to have us". They were even entertaining pitches from other record companies. Ultimately they stayed with Island, which is what they wanted to do, but got a better deal and Zooropa was a big part of his negotiations.

I'm not entirely suggesting that Paul forced U2 to make an album just so he could have a bargaining chip. I'm saying that could be the reason they worked so hard to take it from an EP to an album. I mean, they were busting their ass at the last minute to finish that album, even flying back to Dublin between gigs to record.

Also, if you read U2 at the end of the world, Paul was really pushing for a complete album so he could use it as leverage to negotiate their new record deal. It put him in a position of power, to say to Island "if you give in to our demands, we have a new album ready to go right now that is guaranteed to sell millions of copies. If not, I'm sure one of the bigger, major labels would love to have us". They were even entertaining pitches from other record companies. Ultimately they stayed with Island, which is what they wanted to do, but got a better deal and Zooropa was a big part of his negotiations.

I'm not entirely suggesting that Paul forced U2 to make an album just so he could have a bargaining chip. I'm saying that could be the reason they worked so hard to take it from an EP to an album. I mean, they were busting their ass at the last minute to finish that album, even flying back to Dublin between gigs to record.

If I remember rightly, Zooropa happened quite naturally at the time and they just rode the wave of momentum and went all in on it - they were a lot younger then and the whole mad world of Zoo TV was enveloping them. So it started out as an EP with a couple of songs leftover from Achtung Baby and just snowballed from there.

I was under the impression that having Zooropa completed as a full album and not the original EP idea meant U2 could submit it to their label as having fulfilled their contractual obligation to produce a certain number of LPs. And for sure, having the ZooTv tour be such a success made it easier to convince Island that despite being different for U2, it would sell as an LP. That meant they could place themselves in a position of power to initiate a new contract negotiation on their terms.

Sort of like completing your term with your cell phone provider, and having your phone paid off. :)

Sent from my fingertips.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom