SOE 15: Crickets

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello fanbase, our old friends.
It's time to mess with you again.
Because that Kygo remix was leaking
Your hopes went up without thinking
That while the vision of our album still remains
In our brains
You get the songs ..
of silence.

Sent from my fingertips.

Hello fanbase, our old friends.
It's time to mess with you again.
Because that Kygo remix was leaking
Your hopes went up without thinking
That while the vision of our album still remains
In our brains
You get the songs ..
of silence.
:applaud:

Wait.... let's surprise.... release SOA instead of SOE.... or.... let's go to reality.... and let us know in March 2017 that SOE is almost done and will be out rather sooner than later and then release a new best of album with a lot of overproduced new Versions from NLOTH. Let's call Danger Mouse in to oversee some new songs and throw these away because it's not what the radiostations want......

C'mon u2. Release and don't fear Mistakes! They Let you grow.

Sent from my SM-G930F using U2 Interference mobile app

Well while things are quiet in here U2 are probably getting lost in the music and waiting for god to walk in the room. Then they will have another 100 song ideas. Then delay the album again to narrow it down to 11.

Sent from my SM-N910G using U2 Interference mobile app

They're probably avoiding the studio like they avoid paying taxes...kapow!!!

Or they're doing what they normally do, being family men.

Tho it is weird u2.com even mentions the studio, unless it was a post meant for 1999

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

So the only actual link between the two albums will be the tour?

Why would you even come up with such a concept if you treat the albums as they seem to be doing now?

Sent from my SM-J500FN using U2 Interference mobile app

Why would you even come up with such a concept if you treat the albums as they seem to be doing now?

I think the original plan would've had SoE much more closely resemble SoI.

Soon after SoI came out, bono said in an interview that during the studio sessions they realised they were writing two different kinds of songs (one for innocence, the other for experience), and that led to splitting the work into 2 albums. So they likely had some material for SoE way back in 2014.

Plus, they've liked the idea of another zooropa for ages - I remember a year before SoI, Larry of all people said they wanted to do an album with a quick follow up, specifically citing AB and Zooropa.

So, the original, skeletal form of SoE back in 2014 probably would've been leftover danger mouse/epworth/tedder material, closely resembling the sonic styles on SoI. If they were happy with it, maybe it would've come out sooner and sounded like a companion to SoI.

But then Bono kept writing when he was hospitalised, they recorded during the tour, and they worked with entirely new producers... So they must've developed entirely new material.

TL;DR: The original plan was probably more ambitious in terms of release time and stylistic link to SoI, but then U2 did a u2 and have just kept working on it. It will likely still contain the same lyrical/thematic ideas though.

:huh: what else would link them?

First album: innocence, close ties with the beginnings of their career, bonus album has stripped down versions of the songs.

Second album: experience, more aggressive, bonus album has remixed versions of the songs tying in with their later career.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

They just are afraid to release the album if Trump were to become president. So it might be four or eight years until your next U2 album, since they don't like to get political ?

Well they're certainly not in the studio. Latest post is from Adam in Paris.
They seemingly have trouble finishing the album and gave themselves somewhat of an extended deadline or rather objective (Christmas) but yet they're not in the studio... I just hope it means that the work they have left is deciding on mixes and getting their bsides DJ remixes together. If not :doh:

How long have they been out of the studio now? They were on vacation a couple of month ago then doing iheart and dramforce. It must be atleast a few months.

Maybe they are waiting to tie in the realease with some big event?? Maybe an appearence at the superbowl with a new single then album couple of weeks after?

Maybe they are waiting to tie in the realease with some big event?? Maybe an appearence at the superbowl with a new single then album couple of weeks after?

Or maybe an appearance at the Super Bowl and only play "Beautiful Day", "Vertigo" and "Pride"...

Actually, Lady Gaga is the Super Bowl halftime show for next year. They shared a stage together once... Maybe U2 will be awkwardly shoehorned into her performance (ala RHCP into Bruno Mars' set) and they'll play a verse/chorus of BD, and a truncated version of the new single.

If U2 played the super bowl this season they'd pull a Coldplay, play one of their songs, and then invite everyone else who is "cool" to come steal their show and ruin their music.

just more and more disappointed in these guys and have been a fan since 83. Remember Adam was quoted in September 2014 saying SOE was 70% done. Here we are 2 years later and nothing...nada....I mean WTF

just more and more disappointed in these guys and have been a fan since 83. Remember Adam was quoted in September 2014 saying SOE was 70% done. Here we are 2 years later and nothing...nada....I mean WTF

Yep its crap, gonna end up taking them 30+ months to finish 30% of the album. So if the album has 11 songs, do the maths thats like one song every 10 months on average.....

Frustrating much.

Well they're certainly not in the studio. Latest post is from Adam in Paris.
They seemingly have trouble finishing the album and gave themselves somewhat of an extended deadline or rather objective (Christmas) but yet they're not in the studio... I just hope it means that the work they have left is deciding on mixes and getting their bsides DJ remixes together. If not :doh:

Please forget the "Finished around Christmas" ... deadline/target/objective/whateveryoucallit

If they target a spring 2017 release .. they won't do any serious work now... they'll start in February again, forgetting that they had a good part finished of SOE and write some new great SONGS SONGS SONGS .... and ... so ....on

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom