So Winter=Linear, Tripoli = Fez/Being Born, Every breaking wave ... ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I actually thought "in old tripoli" was Tripoli, why would it not be? :hmm: Now, Fez-Being born is supposed to be Tripoli? even though in the lyrics there are no references to 'Tripoli' apart from maybe descriptive lyrics that we are meant to be believe could be serving references...Great. :doh:

after much debate and speculation I decided to go someone who heard tripoli. His name is Brian Hiatt and he is the assoiciate editor at rollingstone who heard a preview of 10 of the tracks with one of them being called Tripoli. His description of the song can be found on the thread at the top that says "....look here first"

I emailed him and he was kind enough to respond to me with this email.

To Brian Hiatt

In your review of some of the songs for U2's No Line on the Horizon you wrote of a song called Tripoli. Did this song make the album as Fez-Being Born or was it not included?

Tripoli is the same song as Fez-Being Born; it was retitled sometime in December

I emailed him back to get a little more detail but the debate is over.
:applaud:

HA, told you so.

And anyone who still thinks they're different should join the Flat Earth Society, there they may find likeminded individuals.

Drop the childish arguing please. Stop going round and round about the same thing when its obvious neither of you are going to see eye to eye.

Drop the childish arguing please. Stop going round and round about the same thing when its obvious neither of you are going to see eye to eye.

Not to totally flog a dead horse Sicy, but I feel I have been totally forthcoming with respect to this argument, and it is unfair to suggest that I am being childish and incapable of seeing eye to eye. As you can see below I have been totally respectful to others views and opinions, and grant the possibility that they were right. I do not appreciate the pathetic goading going on now.

My point is, neither of us know for sure. While i am posting from the perpspective of, the evidence points to the fact that they are different, obviously that isn't gospel, but the evidence suggests it, you seem to be saying that this one press release from U2.com (the most unreliable band website on the net) which I note has been amended to NOT inculde what you refer to as the evidnce on the actual information on the album, is proof enough of god himself.

The evidence I am sighting is far more persuasive and volumous at this time. It doesn't mean I am 100% right, but it means I am more likely to be right.

And it appears from the previous posters that I have a bit of support on this.

closed-mindedness is frustrating to me.

I accept that they may be the same song. I believe that they are not. I have given reasons.

I don't see how I've done anything wrong, less done anything to referred to as stupid?

The logical conclusion to draw is that while they COULD be the same song, there is no guarentee that they are, and it is far more likely that they aren't.

This is where you fall apart. I have said NUMEROUS times, but you again show your lack of comprhension in reading my posts, that I am not claiming that my way of thinking is the 100% right answer. I am saying that it is more logical than yours. You are saying you are 100% right.

im not talking in absolutes. I have stated a number of times that noone knows, all we can do is look at the facts we know and derive what knowledge we can.

If you actually bother to read my posts, you will find that I have been saying that it could be either way, but I outline the reasons why I think a certain way. Everyone on the negative team seems to be saying to me "no, you're wrong". How does that make me superior? I can accept that there may be vailidity to your views, yet you just lambast me for having an opinion.

Again, I have admitted that this scenario is a possible one. I am not saying I am 100% right (I think there's an echo around here???). I am saying I believe a certain thing because of evidence I, and many other's have seen and believed.

YOU need to get off YOUR high-horse and allow me my opinions. I counter others arguements when they are offered as gospel in the form of a discussion with regards to facts. I don't lambast other members for having an opinion.

Again though, this is what I mean throughout all my posts. I am not saying this is how the world is, I am saying it is a possibility.

Back
Top Bottom