So will we ever hear Tripoli or Every Breaking Wave?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

redhill

Refugee
Strange that Rolling Stone reviewed songs that never made the cut...

Maybe the songs were renamed?

At first glance it is sad that Tripoli was left off based on how experimental the reviews makes it sound.

Any thoughts?:hmm:

Maybe Tripoli evolved into Fez - Being Born...

Maybe Every Breaking Wave will be a b-side?

Who knows....

They will leak... everyone will feel that it was a mistake to left they out of the album except me, who will think that both suck.

Cheers. :wave:

:wink:

They have great titles. I'm sure they'll be considered classics for centuries to come.

The lyrics that were used in the description of "Tripoli" confirm that it takes place in somewhere near Fez, which means its probably Fez -- Being Born now

Tripoli is definitely Being Born, one of the reviews cited the lyrics as referring to a "boy of Cadiz returning home... the sea, at last" or something like that, and the RS or one of the other articles that mentioned tripoli referred to the same themes

Maybe they, along with Mercy, will be on U2's next album that'll come out in 2015.

I don't know about 2015 for the next album. I think they'll do one of two things:

- release an album in 2010, continue the tour, release a best of 2000-2010 after the tour and then resume making an album every 4 years
- release the best of 2000-2010 either during or after the tour, with 3-6 new songs, and then resume making an album every 4 years

Well, technically the 00's ends in 2009. :wink:

Everyone thought there'd be a quick turnaround album after HTDAAB, too. :shrug: We got the longest wait we've had yet, though.

At this rate, the Best of 2010-2020 will be released... covering one album.

With Moicy as the bonus track :D

Strange that Rolling Stone reviewed songs that never made the cut...

Maybe the songs were renamed?

At first glance it is sad that Tripoli was left off based on how experimental the reviews makes it sound.

Any thoughts?:hmm:

I remember the Fez reference in a Tripoli review also.Maybe that was renamed to Fez and Being Born maybe is Every Breaking Wave,because one recent review said its like two songs in one.From other descriptions I'd also say that White As Snow is probably Winter.Also I think U2's next few years with album releases might be more like:

2009-NLOTH
2009-Spiderman Musical
2010-Best of 2000-2010
2011-2012 New Album

Last edited:
Those songs will probably be the next Mercy- leaked, unofficially released, and its existence denied.

You'll love it at first.

Then you'll all get a fit and bitch about it.

So best to forget about it.

:|

Back
Top Bottom