So what versions on U218?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

coach

War Child
Does anyone now or have a clue as to what versions and mixes will be on the U218 album? Some songs don't change at all, like Beautiful Day or WOWY, but songs like elevation, walk on, pride, new years day, have several versions right?

I for one hate the elevation single mix, can't stop thinking about lara croft. ugh!!!!!!

Last edited:
I loved Elevation(Tomb Raider mix)

Bad, Pride and NYD had different versions on the previous best off... mainly means they were cut short... I hope they're not gonna do that with this cd again!!!

I really hope they remastered the older songs -
I wonder which Sunday Bloody Sunday Version they will choose...

Galeongirl said:
I loved Elevation(Tomb Raider mix)

Bad, Pride and NYD had different versions on the previous best off... mainly means they were cut short... I hope they're not gonna do that with this cd again!!!

I didn't even notice those songs being shorter. But I abhorred the shortened version of "Streets" on the 80's "Best Of".

However, I must say I liked the remade versions of the songs on the 90's "Best Of" (although I know I'm in the minority). Of course, most of those were "Pop" songs and we don't have to worry about that with "U218". :rolleyes:

The CD single version of "Pride" did have an extra VERY raw verse in it. That might be fun to hear again. :yes:

I wonder which version of "Mysterious Ways" the people who're insane enough to buy this thing will get--the '91 version, or the '02 version?

The only redone Pop song from Best of 1990-2000 I like better than the album version is Gone.

doctorwho said:
The CD single version of "Pride" did have an extra VERY raw verse in it. That might be fun to hear again. :yes:

Is it an extra very raw verse or chorus? I could have sworn it was just another very raw-sounding chorus at the end, rather than a verse.

www.u218.com is working now & lists both the original version & "alternate" versions for each song included (except for Window). I listed which versions they mention in this thread: http://forum.interference.com/t168239.html

Some of the "alternates" are live tracks (mainly from dvds, but NYD from 1989-12-31 Point Depot!), and a couple are remixes.

My guess is that the "original versions" they list will actually be on the album, but who knows.

namkcuR said:

Is it an extra very raw verse or chorus? I could have sworn it was just another very raw-sounding chorus at the end, rather than a verse.

It's an extra verse - the rest of the song before and after it is identical to the original.

I don't like the extra verse myself, but maybe that's because I'm so used to how it usually is.

Closing this since the questions are answered in Utoo's new thread.

Utoo said:
www.u218.com is working now & lists both the original version & "alternate" versions for each song included (except for Window). I listed which versions they mention in this thread: http://forum.interference.com/t168239.html

Some of the "alternates" are live tracks (mainly from dvds, but NYD from 1989-12-31 Point Depot!), and a couple are remixes.

My guess is that the "original versions" they list will actually be on the album, but who knows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom