So now: Off to Eze?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

onyourkneesboy

The Fly
Whaddayathink?

Considering the weather's getting better and better, seems to me it wouldn't be to long the guys show up in Eze. Maybe they're already there?

Everytime they were there and there was an upcoming album ahead, they played the new songs loud so we got the famous "beach-clips"!

In other words: anybody going there in upcoming weeks?

They've actually booked the whole month of July at my house outside of Philadelphia.

I'm going to do some sessions for b-sides with my firewire mixer into Garageband. They're REALLY looking to change their flavor.

get there and get some beach clips. wouldnt be the same without some beach clips before the release

This is probably the most naive post I'll ever make, but here goes anyway. I take it that when members of U2 play their new songs very loudly on the terrace at Eze or inside (while leaving the windows open), they must be fully aware that, just a few feet below them on the public beach will be dedicated fans armed with all sorts of recording equipment?! (From pictures and accounts of the last time 'Beach Clips' appeared, it's obvious just how easy it is to get close to the place.)

They obviously have to know that these recordings are going to be circulated, but what attitude do they take? Is it:

- Who cares if anyone's listening? To quote (or possibly paraphrase) 1966-era Bob Dylan, "play fucking loud"!
- Deliberately play some 'new direction' material to allow the fans to speculate on what the album's going to be like, possibly testing the water for what they consider to be 'challenging' material yet to come?
- Know fine rightly that the fans are stalking down on the beach, play them some works in progress and a solo song from one of The Strokes, then sit back and have a laugh while the internet lights up with wild speculation?

Bring on some 2008 beach clips!

at the end of the day the beach recordings only make it around the hard core fan base...it produces hype...and doesn't impact sales at all....so care factor is low...

Back
Top Bottom