So, have we matched the NLOTH song titles to the beach clips?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
#1 Unknown Caller
#2 Breathe
#3 Get Your Boots On
#4 Magnificent

it's going to be weird not having these in order once the album comes out.

Haha, true. I wonder if there is anything to be gleaned from the song order Q used. Cedars of Lebanon was listed last after all, and it was confirmed as the closer.

#1 Unknown Caller
#2 Breathe
#3 Get Your Boots On
#4 Magnificent

it's going to be weird not having these in order once the album comes out.

Who knows? Maybe due to some bizarre, improbable coincidence, they'll be in this order on the album.
(...I know, I know, it's not gonna happen. And, yeah, it will be weird.)
By the way, this is totally irrelevant, but I remember when everyone was 100% sure they could hear Bono sing "the cedars of Lebanon" in clip one, at about 1:25. Good times...:drool:
On a final note, I don't think Clip 5 is "Crazy Tonight." It just doesn't have either the "Beautiful Day" or Phil Spector sound to it...
I have no idea what it is, though. Your thoughts?

Who knows? Maybe due to some bizarre, improbable coincidence, they'll be in this order on the album.
By the way, this is totally irrelevant, but I remember when everyone was 100% sure they could hear Bono sing "the cedars of Lebanon" in clip one, at about 1:25. Good times...:drool:
On a final note, I don't think Clip 5 is "Crazy Tonight." It just doesn't have either the "Beautiful Day" or Phil Spector sound to it...

I have tried and tried, but i dont hear crazy tonight in that song.

I still think its a rough early version of every breaking wave

i still think clip 5 could be "Crazy Tonight", just because supposedly Bono was jamming on his guitar to this song and messing with chords while this was being blasted outside his house. so maybe it's reworked?

So is Beach Clip 404, "All my Life" not expected on NLOTH?

That was a catchy song... does anyone know if that song is going to be on the album in some form? I know it's not on the tracklist but maybe it's a different name?

None of original beach clips, or any of the material from the Rubin sessions, made it to the album.

None of original beach clips, or any of the material from the Rubin sessions, made it to the album.
I suspect that you are correct, given how long ago those songs were recorded, but how can this be completely confirmed given we haven't heard every track yet on the album? Is there no chance that beach clip 404 could have made it under a different name than "All My Life"?

Again, probably pretty unlikely, but I'm dying to hear a finished version of that song.

I suspect that you are correct, given how long ago those songs were recorded, but how can this be completely confirmed given we haven't heard every track yet on the album? Is there no chance that beach clip 404 could have made it under a different name than "All My Life"?

Again, probably pretty unlikely, but I'm dying to hear a finished version of that song.
Because Edge has said they scrapped the Rubin sessions. I'd say that's as confirmed as you can get.

I think we're all 100% on #2-4. I don't know what #5 could be.

#1 I'm pretty sure is Unknown Caller. It's got a major Edge solo, which Dallas Schoo described would be in the song. I'm nearly positive at 1:43 "Reboot yourself, you're free to go." At the VERY least I DEFINITELY hear "You're free to go", which is a lyric to Unknown Caller. It makes perfect sense to me.
Yeah #1 is definitely Unknown Caller - I can hear the "reboot yourself, you're free to go" too.

I think that the album version is going to be a different mix to the beach clips judging by the descriptions we've heard - can't wait to hear it

The Boots snippet is different to the beach clip too, same overall sound but the finished product is much tighter - brilliant!

Not sure either, but I've listened to that clip dozens of times. It was slagged off by quite a few people in the early days. I liked it straightaway though, but it's evolved for me. I listened to it again this morning and it really got under my skin. I got it properly at last.

The bit that goes "See you on the other side"....that's the bit that made me well up. I hope this song is on the album in one form or another.

But if i'm going to stick my neck out I'd say it's Cedars...

Not sure either, but I've listened to that clip dozens of times. It was slagged off by quite a few people in the early days. I liked it straightaway though, but it's evolved for me. I listened to it again this morning and it really got under my skin. I got it properly at last.

The bit that goes "See you on the other side"....that's the bit that made me well up. I hope this song is on the album in one form or another.

But if i'm going to stick my neck out I'd say it's Cedars...

I like Bono's vocal on the last part of the song. It sounds like he's saying "Goodnight" or "tonight tonight."

Because Edge has said they scrapped the Rubin sessions. I'd say that's as confirmed as you can get.
Too bad, then. I didn't realize those 2006 BC's were a part of the Rubin sessions, but I guess that makes sense since Window In the Sky was in that group, and Ruben worked on that song. Maybe we'll get lucky and hear 402 or 404 as a b-side or something similar at some point, not that I'll hold my breath expecting it.

Too bad, then. I didn't realize those 2006 BC's were a part of the Rubin sessions, but I guess that makes sense since Window In the Sky was in that group, and Ruben worked on that song. Maybe we'll get lucky and hear 402 or 404 as a b-side or something similar at some point, not that I'll hold my breath expecting it.

Edge also said this:

I think there are some fantastic ideas there and they will, I’m sure, be finished off and see the light of day.

U2 Album Still Not Finished - - Mojo

Did The "400's" Beach Clips Make The New Album In Some Form?

My favorite beach clip remains "402" and I was wondering if it made the album in some form along with the other "400's" clips. Anyone know?

I was just perusing the "news" page and went through the U2.com clips and my favorite one is the "Larry's stuff" one where you hear Bono REALLY getting funky with a bad ass Edge guitar riff. It's only about a 30 second clip, but it rocks. Let me guess, this is something else we'll never hear on the album?

I was just perusing the "news" page and went through the U2.com clips and my favorite one is the "Larry's stuff" one where you hear Bono REALLY getting funky with a bad ass Edge guitar riff. It's only about a 30 second clip, but it rocks. Let me guess, this is something else we'll never hear on the album?

it's probably "Stand Up Comedy", but I guess we'll only know for sure when the album is finaly released

All My Life = Moment of Surrender ?

I'm pretty sure Beach Clip 404: "All My Life" is actually "Moment of Surrender."

Lyrics:

All my life I've been waiting for
What I thought I needed more
This moment with you

I already think this is going to be my favorite song bc I've already played it a million times since I first heard it almost 2 years ago...lol.

I'm pretty sure Beach Clip 404: "All My Life" is actually "Moment of Surrender."

Lyrics:

This moment with you

I already think this is going to be my favorite song bc I've already played it a million times since I first heard it almost 2 years ago...lol.

Pretty sure you're wrong. Thats from the Rubin sessions and Moment of Surrenders origin is from when Eno? or Lanois came up with a chord progression for them and it went from there.

I'm willing to bet that the 2006 beach clips, 402/404 will end up on the Spider Man sound track. In some article a few months back they mentioned a song "Boy falls from the sky." That's definitely audible in the one we've called "I Believe" for awhile.

Lyrics:

This moment with you

Why? Because it has the word "moment" in it?

LOL

Lyrics:

This moment with you

I've listened to that shoddly quality beach clip a ton of times, and I still love it. I can see why you would think that these two could be the same song, given that the main lyric of 404 has someone waiting his entire life for a moment with another person, which could also be the moment of surrender in the NLOTH song. Most people around here will tell you you're wrong and the two are not the same. They are most likely correct, but until we've heard the album there is always a chance that Moment of Surrender is a reworked version of 404/All My Life.

Back
Top Bottom