So...does hearing Windows in the sky affect your decision on buying U218 in any way?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2girl

Blue Crack Addict
Are you now buying U218, will you wait for Windows single, or will you not buy neither Windows nor U218?

Personally I'm torn between buying U218, and waiting to see if Windows in the sky will have a good B-side.

I'm buying everything: U218Singles with DVD, U218Videos DVD and both The Saints Are Coming and Window In The Sky singles...

yeah, I know :coocoo:

coach said:
Mercy = Possible Bside for WITS??????

I doubt mercy will appear until they release a box set or a "definitive" or "essential" greatest hits or whatever....I am sure it will appear as the single off that. Bitter experience has taught me that the b side to window in the skies will be either a remix or a live version of something or other....

Definitely not going to buy it.

Even if this were the best song in history, I still wouldn't buy it. I'd just make an effort to get a lossless copy free somewhere. In this case, I just want a high quality MP3.

I was leaning no, and WITS left me still leaning no - I'll get the single, but the Amazon preview leaves me in the middle.

Nope, not really interested in the compilation. I will see about the single though

WITS makes me want to buy it more. And, once I get in my CD player, I will skip ahead to number 18 and listen to it over and over again.

although it's a rip-off, wits + milan dvd is enough for me to cough up the money.

I am buying all the releases. Why?

U218 Singles [Deluxe], for the Milano DVD!
U218 Singles, because the deluxe case won't fit in my CD collection (had to do this with the deluxe HTDAAB as well)
U218 Videos, because I want the videos in DVD quality!
The Saints Are Coming, for charity
Window in The Skies, for the B-Side

The Slow Loris said:
I don't get it. Half of you (who aren't buying the album) seem to not want or care about the Milan DVD. :confused:

It's probably because it's a half-assed DVD. Who's going to watch a DVD of 10 live tracks again and again? Where's the rest of the concert? When watching concert DVDs, I'm looking for the whole concert experience, and thus every other U2 concert DVD would be more inviting for me to watch than the Milan cut. If I want to see more Vertigo, I will wait for the 3-D South American concert.:drool:

As for WITS, it's a wonderful song! I'll probably buy a copy or two of U218 as gifts, but it's not something that I need.

nah, this is the first u2 cd i wont buy

i would like the Milan DVD but it irritates me that they force you to buy a cd of songs you already have in order to get it, so I'll just download that

I've already preordered my limited edition U2:18. Saints, Window, and Milan DVD :drool: I'm also going to buy the DVD with all the music videos when it comes out. :up:

thelaj said:
I am buying all the releases. Why?

U218 Singles [Deluxe], for the Milano DVD!
U218 Singles, because the deluxe case won't fit in my CD collection (had to do this with the deluxe HTDAAB as well)
U218 Videos, because I want the videos in DVD quality!
The Saints Are Coming, for charity
Window in The Skies, for the B-Side

You're really going to buy the same album of songs twice because of the packaging?

Lancemc said:
I'm also going to buy the DVD with all the music videos when it comes out. :up:

That is the only product I'm even considering at this point. Even that one will probably have a few 90s videos, Beautiful Day & Stuck that I already have on the 90s dvd!

FullonEdge2 said:
Who's going to watch a DVD of 10 live tracks again and again?

Um ... a lot of people?

I get your point about it not being a full concert, but I'll take it over no concert at all.

corianderstem said:
but I'll take it over no concert at all.

But the point is should we let U2 Corp screw us over by putting a measly 10 tracks on the dvd? Or is this limited edition aimed at the casual fan? In that case, it doesn't matter cos the casual fan would love to get anything in his/her hands. But I'm finding it hard to see what merit the hardcore fan gets out of this for shelling out the hard earned $23.99! As hardcore fans, should we ignore this release?

This awkward singles compilation at an odd time such as this makes no sense whatsoever.. unless it is strictly aimed at the casual fan! But then why would they include the Milan dvd and 2 new songs for the casual fan???

Back
Top Bottom