So...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jarvio

War Child
So if LH and TCB are considered 'b-sides', are Fast Cars and TGBHF also considered b-sides in the same way?

So if LH and TCB are considered 'b-sides', are Fast Cars and TGBHF also considered b-sides in the same way?

LH and TCB are not B-sides. They're the first 2 songs on the second disc of Soi.

Fast Cars is pretty much a B-side.

TGBHF was an album track from The Million Dollar Hotel Soundtrack.

None of them are traditional b-sides.

Fast Cars is a bonus song to Atomic Bomb.
The Crystal Ballroom and Lucifer's Hands are from a bonus disc to the new album.
GBHF is a compilation song for a soundtrack.

The last true b-side they put out was the alternate version of Breathe on the Ordinary Love vinyl single.

and there we have it. perfectly wrapped up in the third reply. great job! :)

:lock:

LH and TCB are not B-sides. They're the first 2 songs on the second disc of Soi.

LH and TCB are bonus tracks on the bonus disk of SOI. Fast Cars is a bonus track on certain copies of HTDAAB. Same with TGBHF for ATYCLB, though it did appear on the MDH soundtrack.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

LH and TCB are bonus tracks on the bonus disk of SOI. Fast Cars is a bonus track on certain copies of HTDAAB. Same with TGBHF for ATYCLB, though it did appear on the MDH soundtrack.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

I think "bonus track" is a great neutral term, and perhaps in 2014 a far more accurate one.

We're seeing more and more of U2's material released in non-traditional ways. I'm sure this trend will continue. Those of us who delighted in buying the singles to U2's greatest hits in the 1980s and 1990s are were used to a clear distinction between what was and was not a part of the album, as opposed to an ultra-secret and elite track, are going to have to adjust our expectations to the changes in release methods.

:doh:

I'm just going to stop this thread here, rather than invite all the usual suspects to beat the dead horse some more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom