Should NLOTH2 be a single?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I still have yet to hear NLOTH2. I've heard a 30 second clip and it sounds much better than the first version so far; much more of the experimental sounds that were forced way down into the mix on the album version.

It lacks variation, too repetitive compared to the album version. I do appreciate how fast it is, but yeah the singing is a mess. The little guitar roar at the squiggly bit is easier to hear, but every part of the song is there from the beginning and doesn't stop till the end. Dull.

Would've been a way better single than Boots though.

I don't think it should have been on the album or a single, but I sure was rockin' out to it this morning...I think this version really hit me for the first time today. Good stuff!

one thing i've been wondering lately.....

when U2 pulled the album back to change the tracklist (Fez-Being Born was originally opening up the album), did they also swipe this version with NLOTH1?

i started thinking about possible tracklists where NLOTH2 may have worked assuming FBB was the opener:

Fez - Being Born
Magnificent
Moment Of Surrender
Unknown Caller
I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight
No Line On The Horizon 2
Get On Your Boots
Stand Up Comedy
White As Snow
Breathe
Cedars Of Lebanon

Yes they did. It was in... I believe Q magazine where they stated that U2 reworked NLOTH into a more mellow, UF ish style song rather than the punky original.

Yes they did. It was in... I believe Q magazine where they stated that U2 reworked NLOTH into a more mellow, UF ish style song rather than the punky original.

hmm. I was under the impression that the punky version popped up at the last minute, but Q said that they preferred the less punk version, which I assume is what we ended up with.

Back
Top Bottom