Short vides + upcoming feature in The Guardian/Observer (updated 02/16)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

oceane

Refugee
My thinking is that based on listener and reviewer descriptions, "that killer riff" is No Line on the Horizon? Maybe the version of No Line on the Horizon that Wal-Mart has previews for is not the album version, but rather the alternate version? Maybe the punk version that made the album is what we hear in these videos?

New Line On The Horizon? :lol:

The Graudian strikes again. The opening riff sounds like the Zeppeliny SUC people were talking about. The acoustic version of it at the very very start sounds even cooler paired with the electric.

The song in this video MUST be the same song from the HQ clip. The ringing sound instantly struck me as familiar, and that's where it came from.

That riff has shown up in two "making of" videos now-- and a buzzing riff such as that has been described to open up the album, so I've gotta think that its there but we just haven't heard enough of the album.

It just goes to show, we still haven't heard most of the album.... the 30 second clip of Breathe didn't even have the "Walk Out..." part...... This is gonna be good!!!! :)

So the first minute is Stand Up? I don't hear that at all from the Wal Mart clip. I can only pray that's it because that makes the song,,,oh about 22,459 times better.

Did that second piece become the UC intro we've heard?

second song in clip

Is definitely the birth of "Magnificent". Listen to the chord progressions

ok i'm staying away from the walmart clips but is that AMAZING riff on any of the 30 sec clips? It reminds me of the Achtung Baby outtakes of acrobat... I LOVE THAT RIFF!!!

Great find btw, thanks to the OP...

If they include that crazy North African keyboard sound and percussion timing then whatever song the first riff belongs on will sound just great. And the second track is really interesting, though too hard to tell how a full song might pan out. I'd guess at it being 'White As Snow' by the way. In any case, it's all positive thus far.

I don't know, I really can't see where that riff could fit in any of the songs based on the 30 sec clip. It sounds like a totally different song, so it might just be one they will keep for later... Would be really too bad if it was lost.

But it's true that it would be a bit strange for this clip to feature in a video released 3 weeks before the album comes out if it's not on the album.

That is not stand up. It's the old version of NLOTH that I really hope we end up hearing, because I think it will kick the shit out of the album version. Hopefully it's the one on the GOYB single. And i think the 2nd song is Moment of Surrender or a very early version of Magnificent.

I can't remember too clearly from the reviews at this point, but its entirely possible that there is a breakdown with that riff in Stand Up Comedy. I seem to remember some reviewer mentioning something to that effect--that it turns more hardcore at one point. Anyone else remember something like that?

That is not stand up. It's the old version of NLOTH that I really hope we end up hearing, because I think it will kick the shit out of the album version. Hopefully it's the one on the GOYB single. And i think the 2nd song is Moment of Surrender or a very early version of Magnificent.

I doubt it's the second version of NLOTH, if only because from what we've heard, the first version was the more atmospheric one, and the 'punk-rock' version appeared at the last minute. They were in Fez in the summer of 2007 if I recall correctly.

I think this is a song we won't hear on this album, but we might at some other point. I'd love to be proved wrong though...

I doubt it's the second version of NLOTH, if only because from what we've heard, the first version was the more atmospheric one, and the 'punk-rock' version appeared at the last minute. They were in Fez in the summer of 2007 if I recall correctly.

I think this is a song we won't hear on this album, but we might at some other point. I'd love to be proved wrong though...

And the Guardian clip doesn't sound anything like punk rock. And the punk version of NLOTH was not around 6 months ago, let alone 18 months ago. Use your heads guys.

damn! the dallas.swf clip and the riff at the start of this are two things that i really wanted to hear fully formed...:angry:

Very unoriginal..... the guitar riff that you are hearing is the exact same one used in the demo for Acrobat. Have a listen to Get You Down from the Salome outtakes... it's an exact match. Why don't they write something new instead of rehashing something that is 18 years old...

ZZZzzzzzzzz.....

damn! the dallas.swf clip and the riff at the start of this are two things that i really wanted to hear fully formed...:angry:

Then purchase Achtung Baby and listen to the second last track... ;-P... that's what it turned into the first time.

Remember when Bono played NLOTH about a year ago for someone on the news? Tom Brokaw or someone, I forget, but the news guy said it had crunchy hard-rock guitar sounds...

Back
Top Bottom