Short vides + upcoming feature in The Guardian/Observer (updated 02/16)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Let's do some summarization here:

-For Your Love = Stand Up Comedy
-Winter ≠ White as Snow
-Winter and Every Breaking Wave have officially been cut
-Chromium Chords = Fez - Being Born

-Winter ≠ White as Snow
-White As Snow and Every Breaking Wave have officially been cut

Chromium Chords :drool:
PLEASE Bono, save this title for a future song! :pray:

Bono just explained to me why I love U2.:love: He seems so sharp and self-aware. It's a shame so many people miss that side of his personality.

I wish the spiritual pilgrimage theme hadn't been cut.

But it sounds like the "concept album" could be coming this winter...:hyper:

-Winter ≠ White as Snow
-White As Snow and Every Breaking Wave have officially been cut

You mean Winter has been cut. (the is a rumour that it makes it on the film Linear)

After careful consideration, I have decided that this is my favorite magazine article of all time.

He didn't seem too keen on the use of the term concept album

Think he was bitter (tongue in cheek) that the band had to scrap the concept idea on this album because some songs weren't quite working. Later on in the article he says that its something that they want to do in the future.

The future is another question for another interview. How long can U2 stay meaningful? Where will rock's greatest adventure end? For now, there is enough material left over from the sessions for an album that, Bono says, will be released before the end of the year. It will be "a more meditative album on the theme of pilgrimage".

:up:

Uknown Caller will be the best song on the album.

And you base that on what exactly?

I have my doubts. The magnificent solo on the beach clip wasn't like that. Yes I know that they could have changed it but from the reviews and previews of the album they seem to suggest to me that its nearly how it is on the beach clip.

No, it's definitely Magnificent.

Great great article. Took me some time to read it this morning, but: awsome read. :up:

How amazing, two U2 albums in one year. :drool:

Not like it is confirmed, but if it will happen. :hyper:

2009 is certainly a U2 year. :yes:

I cannot find the right thread now, but wasn't there a topic about U2 being on the cover of Observer magazine this Sunday? Does anyone have a link to that or can post the cover? I'd love to see it.

I cannot find the right thread now, but wasn't there a topic about U2 being on the cover of Observer magazine this Sunday? Does anyone have a link to that or can post the cover? I'd love to see it.

This was on ebay :hmm:

observer2009tiny.jpg

I always got the impression Every Breaking Wave wasn't quite finished yet. Bono did say, "We might be on to something special there."

Think he was bitter (tongue in cheek) that the band had to scrap the concept idea on this album because some songs weren't quite working. Later on in the article he says that its something that they want to do in the future.

Bono's quotes made it sound like he was the only one who wanted to do it. I think it would have been fine as a lyrical experiment--connect all the songs through the words and you don't necessarily have to make a prog album. I guess it was bogging the process down though.

Great article, the best yet. It's a shame it didn't turn out to be a concept album, but if Corbijn's film indeed features "Winter", that could be the closest U2 got to one.

I'm confused about this For Your Love/Stand Up Comedy deal. I guess the HQ clip never had that provisional title, unless that riff gets into the song somehow (although I somewhat doubt it).

Interesting that "Tripoli" was never mentioned in the article; I still think this could be Fez - Being Born, because of the alleged experimental nature and the Cadiz lyrics.

Interesting that "Tripoli" was never mentioned in the article; I still think this could be Fez - Being Born, because of the alleged experimental nature and the Cadiz lyrics.

The article refers to "Fez - Being Born" being the later name of a song called "Chromium Chords." No word about "Tripoli" somewhere in between that time, so I doubt it is the same song.

Ooops! The intro of Stand Up Comedy sounds like "Crumbs"!
At least the drumming is 100% HTDAAB-style!

I hope it evolved for the album...

Anyone with me?

Good interview and a positive review of the album too. Nice to see Bono saying there'll definitely be a second album before the end of the year, "a more meditative album on the theme of pilgrimage", so that's a good sign.

Back
Top Bottom