Short Dan Lanois interview at Rolling Stone

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If I have to read read those quotes one more time...:wink: Can't they find something new for Lanois to say?

if he says that Bono is singing like a bird one more time, i fear that Bono will actually become a bird.

Soul Music?

What are you talking about Danny?

Do you mean Sam Cooke or Sufi trance or Gregorian Chant?

Folks,
Is it just me or Lanois is talking about the president of the company "singing like a bird" and NOT Bono?

Those really are cool snippets. But what was RS doing with that picture?

Anyways, I hope it's as amazing as Lanois says.

"singing like a bird" could mean that the president of the record company is very happy with the album and believes that the company is going to make a lot of $$$ out of it.
Think people, think.

"singing like a bird" could mean that the president of the record company is very happy with the album and believes that the company is going to make a lot of $$$ out of it.
Think people, think.

Yeah. Must mean Crazy Tonight and Magnificent - as reviews have indicated - are easy sell singles. Because GOYB - at least in the US - isn't taking off at all.

Much different strategy than HTDAAB, though... HTDAAB's US sales are serious U2 fans and people who liked Vertigo. Vertigo was the only single that really connected here.

Hope the plan works.

This is really a McGuiness record. His work as president of the company is stunning and strangely avian in nature.

Don't really expect too much airplay from U2 on this album no matter what. I would love to see a top 10 or even a #1, but in today's climate, I just don't get my hopes up.

I think the album will sell very well, as it is U2. Will it match HTDAAB? I don't know, different times we live in. I would say the same thing if AB was released today.

Hopefully the album is good (sure it is :)), and the word will spread around that U2 have made something special that will live with us for a long time.

were i Bono, i'd consider a face lift.

a subtle one, though. more Michael Douglas than Kenny Rogers.

it took me a few minutes to realize it's not photo from ATYCLB era, so maybe it's not that bad... or better said, my eyes should need some remedy...

i feel like that picture is old, because he looks like he has the long hair in the back which he doesn't have now. not that i care, just saying.

Am I the only one who gets the feeling that now that Lanois is getting writing credits that he's over promoting this album now more than ever?

maybe its just me, but I'm finding his quotes more annoying and more cheesier than Bono. He's starting to out-Bono, Bono. :ohmy:

I find the whole "GOYB isn't doing well" thing funny. I have plenty of friends who aren't even aware that U2 have a new single on the radio yet! The video has only been released today (and only on the 'net so far), the single hasn't been released yet, and there's been no major marketing push. Wait 'til The Grammy's and The Brits have been and gone, and the promotion really kicks in, and things will change. GOYB may have been listened to, viewed, and discussed to death in U2 Fan World, but outside that bubble people are just waking up to it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom