[Rumour] U2 concert in Sevilla, Spain on July 3, 2009

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

calvin13

The Fly
Hi!

I'm the webmaster of u2fanlife.com and the writer of the U2's news blog u2fanlife (in spanish).

I Live in Spain and yesterday i received an e-mail: U2 could play in Sevilla, Spain on July 3, 2009 (The new U2 tour seems to begin in late June and early July in Spain).

The e-mail says:

Live Nation has booked the Olympic Stadium of La Cartuja in Sevilla to act U2 on Friday July 3, 2009. It seems that it is known since early December 2008.​

i'm not sure if it is true, but i think it is possibly:

And the reasons to celebrate a U2 concert in Sevilla?

The good feeling that Live Nation has had from other concerts there, like Madonna, who performed there in September 2008.

Depeche Mode will act there on 12 July 2009.

if i have more news to confirm this notice i will post here :)

:wave:

From u2.com....

Rumours (Unfounded)
Just a note to correct some online information suggesting that tickets are available for U2 shows this summer. No tickets are available and no shows have been announced.

There are no tour dates for the band at the moment so please don't get stung by buying tickets for shows that don't exist.

You can be sure any future live announcements will be made on U2.Com as soon as details are confirmed.

Just throwing that out there.

U2 starting in Spain, I like the sound of that. :up:

It doesn't always have to start in the US.

I've pm'd him about this. If he has information I've pointed him to the proper threads to post in. Lets move on and stick with the topic.

Mate, that is the second time you've done that. I strongly advise you don't make those "mistakes" again.

I didn't know what he was talking about... :huh:

:up:x infinity.

Seriously artdirector, why do you post things like that and then just scamper off? Do you think people won't care?

:lol:

And the moral of this story is... Never hide. :wink:

BACK TO THE TOPIC!!!!!!!!

I think starting in Spain is a good idea if it were to happen.

hoax. Not having a go, but the grammar is awful. There is NO WAY that is from live nation

The grammar is probably just a bad translation from Spanish to English.

This may or may not be a hoax, but it's credible. It's about time we started to get some solid rumours, venues must have been booked already. On the last two tours, by the time the dates were officially announced, we had rumoured schedules that turned out to be about two-thirds accurate, I seem to remember.

The grammar is probably just a bad translation from Spanish to English.

This may or may not be a hoax, but it's credible. It's about time we started to get some solid rumours, venues must have been booked already. On the last two tours, by the time the dates were officially announced, we had rumoured schedules that turned out to be about two-thirds accurate, I seem to remember.

i'm trying to confirm if this rumour that i received by e-mail is true. I know people in Sevilla and i have told them if they can ask somebody there...

:)

Honestly, I could care less about the tour details. I'm so fixated on the new single and album that it wouldn't matter to me if they started their tour until 2010. At least that way I could save up some money and maybe go to more than one show this time.

That being said, its still pretty cool to think that we are closer to possibly actually hearing them live again.

Honestly, I could care less about the tour details. I'm so fixated on the new single and album that it wouldn't matter to me if they started their tour until 2010. At least that way I could save up some money and maybe go to more than one show this time.

That being said, its still pretty cool to think that we are closer to possibly actually hearing them live again.

The strange thing is, that after have waited so long for the single, right now I'm more excited over the tour that the single.

The strange thing is, that after have waited so long for the single, right now I'm more excited over the tour that the single.

I hear what you're saying.

Its like your hunger for a new single has come and gone and now we seem to be so much closer to a tour that we might as well turn our attention to THAT instead.

I hear what you're saying.

Its like your hunger for a new single has come and gone and now we seem to be so much closer to a tour that we might as well turn our attention to THAT instead.

I havent seen U2 live before, so you can understand my excitement! :drool:

Same, I just want to get the album/single then we can discuss the tour plans.

I'd like to know who the email was from. Being the webmaster of a U2 fansite lends one no more rumor credibility than anyone else if it doesn't give you connections. Was the email from LiveNation, some insider, or your Uncle Ted?

Back
Top Bottom