[RUMOUR] Hmv: No Line On The Horizon - Release date: 23-2-2009

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
we'll get all details confirmed on the 19th for the album name and release date.

The tracklist will be out on January 3rd. First single will hit radio Jan 1 and will be Breathe. The album will be out feb 21 in Aus, 23 in US. Lyrics will leak onto the net on valentines day, and the album itself will leak the next day.

There will be fighting on interference for years about the album. Bono will wear shades. The Edge will wear some form of headwear. Adam will look older. Larry will look the same. Coldplay will suck.

It will contain 12 tracks.

Is this a confirmed rumour? :ohmy:

You forgot that Bono will wear eyeliner.

This definite date didn't bring into correspondence with the release date...maybe delay for the second time or the third:hmm:

we'll get all details confirmed on the 19th for the album name and release date.

The tracklist will be out on January 3rd. First single will hit radio Jan 1 and will be Breathe. The album will be out feb 21 in Aus, 23 in US. Lyrics will leak onto the net on valentines day, and the album itself will leak the next day.

There will be fighting on interference for years about the album. Bono will wear shades. The Edge will wear some form of headwear. Adam will look older. Larry will look the same. Coldplay will suck.

It will contain 12 tracks.

You had me there for a second....until you mentioned the song Breathe. :D

Well played my friend, well played.

Does anyone else think that No Line On The Horizon is a crap name for an album?

Actually, No.

I know there was a long thread about this somewhere on this board...but no, I actually like it a lot.

I think out of all of the longer multi word album titles that U2 have done (ATYCLB & HTDAAB being the only ones I can think of) this one would have the potential to be the best one. I actually dislike the previous two because they seem like they're missing something.

Not to start veering way off topic...but the last two album titles annoyed me because the band used a bunch of words to describe what could have been said in one or two. ATYCLB could easily have been "Soul" or "Titanium Soul" as Bono said they wanted to call it. I think they didn't want to come across as biting off of the Beatles' "Rubber Soul" though I think if there were any band that could have gotten away with it would have been U2. I disliked the title HTDAAB because it would have been better as "LOVE" or "Heart" which I think Bono had mentioned in an article. Its trying too hard to sound important and deep, and in the end so did the music.

NLOTH can't really be said in any other way, and it flows really nicely IMO. I think it will work.

. I disliked the title HTDAAB because it would have been better as "LOVE" or "Heart" which I think Bono had mentioned in an article.

uh....yeah......THAT wouldn't have been lame......:huh:

Instead of ripping off Rubber Soul they could have borrowed from Chili Peppers' 'BloodSugarSexMagick' and called it 'LoveHeartSoulKnees'

Instead of ripping off Rubber Soul they could have borrowed from Chili Peppers' 'BloodSugarSexMagick' and called it 'LoveHeartSoulKnees'

Excellent. These soul, heart, knees jokes never get old. (Lest there be any confusion, I am being completely serious--I just laughed out loud at work).

I have to agree with him. "Love", "Soul" and "Heart" are all EXTREMELY LAME titles. You may not agree, but I think 90% of Interference would.

I'm not saying those one word titles would necessarily be the best choices, I'm saying that the long multi word titles that were inferring those words were bad choices. Instead of inferring, they should have just come out and said it.

BTW, you are wrong about "Titanium Soul". If I remember correctly when the rumor of that potential title appeared in a thread around the time of the ATYCLB sessions MOST of Interference actually thought it was pretty cool. I agree that "LOVE" and "HEART" might be corny, but they're no cornier than "POP" or "Achtung Baby" for album titles or "Discotheque" or "Beautiful Day" for singles and those made the cut. U2 are quite capable of making the corny become relevant and somewhat cool.

I'm not saying those one word titles would necessarily be the best choices, I'm saying that the long multi word titles that were inferring those words were bad choices. Instead of inferring, they should have just come out and said it.

BTW, you are wrong about "Titanium Soul". If I remember correctly when the rumor of that potential title appeared in a thread around the time of the ATYCLB sessions MOST of Interference actually thought it was pretty cool. I agree that "LOVE" and "HEART" might be corny, but they're no cornier than "POP" or "Achtung Baby" for album titles or "Discotheque" or "Beautiful Day" for singles and those made the cut. U2 are quite capable of making the corny become relevant and somewhat cool.

Ahh, but I didn't say anything about "Titanium Soul", did I?

Titanium Soul is fantastic. But they would have had to have another couple of rock tracks to pull that title off.

Love and Heart....

I know they usually don't, but what about a song title... Miracle Drug? Vertigo?
or "Bomb"

hmm

I think "No Line on the Horizon" works because it's descriptive. ATYCLB and HTDAAB are almost like riddles with the answer being love/heart. I think that contributes to the semi-cheese factor. NLOTH is more Whitman... making a statement that something is so beautiful that it deserves their album title, indicating an album that's trying to capture the beautiful rather than one that's trying to hit you with a message (something that I think softened HTDAAB).

But that's all conjecture.

It just seems like the best thing Bono/U2 can do for their message is to soften it... I think the CFYT/MD songs are making the RED stuff seem overdone for fans and detractors alike. If they get back to making simply the best music out there, their band's legacy and message will both benefit.

what if they called it No Line On The Horizon, a double album, one disc is called 'Sea' and the other 'sky'~ala Stadium Arcadiums 'mars' and 'venus'

?:hmm:?

I like the whole idea of NLOTH; there is so much possibility for some really great imagery. Think of the posters and T-shirts! I'm sure Larry is.

:drool:

I Know.....how 'bout a self-titled album?

:up:

Just make it a White cover with no horizon with U2 and make it a double album.....oh wait.. oops.:huh:

the-beatles---the-white-album400x40.jpg

Uhhhh...no

I think it's a fantastic name for the album
I just think it is a bit bland, can't imagine the name going down in the hall of fame...of course if the album is a classic then it won't matter.

Just sounds a little aging 80's rockers to me

Back
Top Bottom