[RUMOUR] Hmv: No Line On The Horizon - Release date: 23-2-2009

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm officially leaking this fake album cover that I just made myself five minutes ago... Or did I? It might be the real thing. :wink:

3075071624_1aa4375302.jpg

I can just imagine drugged up music fans seeing the cover now

"Oh my god there's like no line on the horizon in the picture...dude it's the album title too"

I really like it though :up:

are you serious? where did you get that information from?
as if they prefer competition from Bruce instead?

In regard to sales, Killers kick Springsteen's ass though. Not that I'm saying the rumour is true, just saying if it was over sales Killers are a bigger threat than Springsteen

I can just imagine drugged up music fans seeing the cover now

"Oh my god there's like no line on the horizon in the picture...dude it's the album title too"

I really like it though :up:

I can see that being used. Now that video makes more sense to me ever since I saw it on u2.com.... interesting.

I don't understand why people keep talking about The Killers as if they're a sales threat, their first two albums each sold about 4 million worldwide, HTDAAB sold 12 million

Nothing is a sales threat, as such. If they were avoiding this time of year due to the heavy releases, it’s more to do with there being only X amount of promo and communication opportunities, and those all having to be split. Even just internally within their own label. Anyone here been into a major label office lately? Even at Universal, who are doing far better then the other majors, they are woefully under-staffed now. And a decent chunk of these bigger releases – from the Killers to Snow Patrol to Kanye and everything in between – are all Universal.

I'd love if they did something like that for the cover too, but I doubt they will.

Wasn't all that Killers talk a joke anyway? :scratch:

Yeah, since I don't believe the Killers or anyone else was a deciding factor for why U2 has been pushed, or decided to wait, untill '09. I think even Eminem has been pushed into next year. (no I can't confirm this)

Because of the recession, I don't think "09 being our year" is exclusive to U2. I think alot of companies (including Universal) have written off "08 already.
Just my 2 cents, though. :wink:

Lose the moon over to the right and it'd be just about perfect, it distracts the eye slightly from the horizon-lessness (not a word but you know what I mean!) of the image... You find your eye jumping fron the U2 to the moon and back. Otherwise brilliant for all of 5 minutes work! :wink:

Lose the moon over to the right and it'd be just about perfect, it distracts the eye slightly from the horizon-lessness (not a word but you know what I mean!) of the image... You find your eye jumping fron the U2 to the moon and back. Otherwise brilliant for all of 5 minutes work! :wink:

i think the moon should be there. the waves at the bottom are the only way you can tell its sea, and the moon is the only way you can tell it's sky... so no horizon, but you know what its all about

Agreed.

I think the whole point is to avoid being able to tell where the sea and sky meet...or more specifically where one ends and the other begins. Having a moon there kind of gives you the idea that "hey, I think we're in the sky now". IDK, my design and illustration background is coming out on this one.

I like the simple sans serif font, thats perfect...but it should say something like: U2NOLINEONTHEHORIZON...or something like that. Maybe leave it with the "U2" in the middle and the album title down towards the bottom right hand corner.

okay...I'll stop now. Class dismissed! :D

Just as an aside, Does anyone remember before the last album the idea that it would be called Man? To show the progression as a nice rounding out of the process of growing up. The reason I mention this is to put off all those suggesting this will be their last. I truely believe that their last album will be called Man.

I seem to remember something different, last time around Fake Edge called me up and told me the new album would be titled "SOLAR" and then :sexywink::edge: posted that everywhere and stirred up more :censored: than a congressman tapping his foot in an airport bathroom.

:madwife::rant::camera::giggle::bump::shh:

Shake it, shake it, shake it

So when does everyone think the big announcement of album name, release date and first single will be made?
I'm thinking we'll hear it next week. With the album being finished off at the end of November, it won't take long to announce. Besides, if the Late-Feb release date is for real we WILL be getting an announcement this month for sure.

I think that cover would be better with no U2 on it...just the sea and sky...with a pic of the band in the distance on the back.

So when does everyone think the big announcement of album name, release date and first single will be made?
I'm thinking we'll hear it next week. With the album being finished off at the end of November, it won't take long to announce. Besides, if the Late-Feb release date is for real we WILL be getting an announcement this month for sure.

we'll get all details confirmed on the 19th for the album name and release date.

The tracklist will be out on January 3rd. First single will hit radio Jan 1 and will be Breathe. The album will be out feb 21 in Aus, 23 in US. Lyrics will leak onto the net on valentines day, and the album itself will leak the next day.

There will be fighting on interference for years about the album. Bono will wear shades. The Edge will wear some form of headwear. Adam will look older. Larry will look the same. Coldplay will suck.

It will contain 12 tracks.

we'll get all details confirmed on the 19th for the album name and release date.

The tracklist will be out on January 3rd. First single will hit radio Jan 1 and will be Breathe. The album will be out feb 21 in Aus, 23 in US. Lyrics will leak onto the net on valentines day, and the album itself will leak the next day.

There will be fighting on interference for years about the album. Bono will wear shades. The Edge will wear some form of headwear. Adam will look older. Larry will look the same. Coldplay will suck.

It will contain 12 tracks.

I assume you're guessing there, right?

or are you Edge's cousin?

Back
Top Bottom