Rumor: GOYB Single delayed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Can you imagine GOYB being the new Vertigo on tour.
I can hear this guitar"riff"allready played as the last encore.

"get on your boots, yeahhh"
the annoying thing is I KNOW I will be partying along.
Under protest I might add:wink:

it's silly.

back at bomb, everybody was bitching about U2 selling out and whoring themselves to company after company, of chasing after britney spears.

this time around, they released the single via a free stream (surprising, innit? I'm sure McGuiness had a heart attack) and it looks like their album promotion is going to be a couple of live appearances.

I can completely agree that perhaps U2 is being a bit disorganized. But they aren't doing the promotion in the same way anymore, partly I think because this is a different product. From everything I've been hearng, the band is immensely proud of this album and it's a bit of a wild beast, certainly more experimental than Bomb. Part of me thinks the band wants to have an album sold on reputation.

Atu2.com is saying it's just in three countries.

NEW @U2 'BOOTS' SINGLE DELAYED IN SOME COUNTRIES
February 05, 2009
posted by: m2
Several of our fellow fan sites around the world are reporting that the "Get On Your Boots" single has been delayed. It was supposed to be released between February 13-16 (depending on the country). But here's what we've been told about new release dates:

February 20: Germany
February 23: France
February 24: Spain

Man this is just plain ridiculous..........Why can't they just release the single worldwide within a day or so of each other and the video a week or so later like most other artists whos' promotional team have half a brain!

Man this is just plain ridiculous..........Why can't they just release the single worldwide within a day or so of each other and the video a week or so later like most other artists whos' promotional team have half a brain!

will you guys quit frigin bitching and worrying about a stupid single delay????? No the album is not going to be delayed and WHO CARES if the single is going to be delayed, we already have the song and already have the video! At most the only thing being delayed is a new B-side! BIG DEAL some of you are acting like its the end of the world! Its just a single sheesh!

it's silly.

back at bomb, everybody was bitching about U2 selling out and whoring themselves to company after company, of chasing after britney spears.

this time around, they released the single via a free stream (surprising, innit? I'm sure McGuiness had a heart attack) and it looks like their album promotion is going to be a couple of live appearances.

I can completely agree that perhaps U2 is being a bit disorganized. But they aren't doing the promotion in the same way anymore, partly I think because this is a different product. From everything I've been hearng, the band is immensely proud of this album and it's a bit of a wild beast, certainly more experimental than Bomb. Part of me thinks the band wants to have an album sold on reputation.

Everybody in music releases a free stream, if U2 didn't that would be more worth a mention. Releasing a stream is something you HAVE to do at minimum these days :shrug:

will you guys quit frigin bitching and worrying about a stupid single delay????? No the album is not going to be delayed and WHO CARES if the single is going to be delayed, we already have the song and already have the video! At most the only thing being delayed is a new B-side! BIG DEAL some of you are acting like its the end of the world! Its just a single sheesh!

:up: exactly.

if i was a waiter, i would hate to wait on half the people here.

official annouce: U2 live (two songs) on frensh tv with special broadcast and U2 guest on Febrary 23 on live show :LE Grand Journal.:applaud:

This is confirmed ! the first live tv show of U2 in France!

very nice! it will definitely be two new songs. GOYB and something else.

Never.

Two new songs I say. They've done that with the last album as well and played new songs live before the album was released.

GOYB and NLOTH would be my bet.

yeah but this is an awardshow or not?
this is not a show where people come to see U2 only. I think as an organisation you would want them to play at least one hitsingle and NO I am not talking about GOYB because (to stay on topic) it can not be a hitsingle if it has not even been officialy released. Since we know everyone knows Vertigo etc.

U2 really have fucked this up royal. This is really going to hurt album sales, what happened to the slick u2 war machine ?

U2 really have fucked this up royal. This is really going to hurt album sales, what happened to the slick u2 war machine ?

I don't think this will hurt album sales. U2 have never been a "singles" band, most of their singles weren't successful, music fans just prefer to buy the albums.

We shouldn't overreact, a single delay is not a big deal. They probably want to put the video on the single and the video wasn't ready.

this is not a show where people come to see U2 only. I think as an organisation you would want them to play at least one hitsingle and NO I am not talking about GOYB because (to stay on topic) it can not be a hitsingle if it has not even been officialy released. Since we know everyone knows Vertigo etc.

No, it's a TV special dedicated to U2, not an award show.

i don't believe this is an award show. this is a radio appearance. every time U2 does these before the album, they play songs from their new album.

I have the impression people are waiting for negative stuff to happen so they have something to complain.

I don't feel the need to complain at all. I am just saying that till now it hasn't been a smooth ride and in the past U2 has done a much better and tighter job of promoting an album. But that is just my opinion.

Wow sorry people really do need to calm down... whats with all this "U2 have fucked up" etc etc? how? i dont get it? are they not playing the grammys this weekend? are they not playing the brits? are they not playing the echo awards? are they not doing this French TV show?, if that isnt promotional work then good god i dont know what is,

again though, its a case of them never being able to do anything right, one minute people complain they promote to much and are "sell outs", now they do it a different way and people complain there not doing enough.

p.s., Amazon.co.uk and HMV both still have the single availible on the 15th.

i don't believe this is an award show. this is a radio appearance. every time U2 does these before the album, they play songs from their new album.

Ah okay,

in this case I also think they will play the new material. Where I got the idea form that it was an awardshow haha. It is busy at work I guess

:up: exactly.

if i was a waiter, i would hate to wait on half the people here.

No shit.

Funny thing is, I really doubt the entire world has noticed how "royally" U2 has "fucked up" (and that's being a tad dramatic, don't you think?), save for a couple of die hards who come and post on this forum.

I think the single delay will hurt album sales, I mean the point of the single is to promote the album and it's not doing a very good job of it. I mean delaying the video, the single release, it's not a good way to promote something.

When people see these shows then want to 1. Buy the single 2. Check the video for the single on youtube.

The time the video comes out and the single it will all be a distant memory.

Funny thing is, I really doubt the entire world has noticed how "royally" U2 has "fucked up" (and that's being a tad dramatic, don't you think?), save for a couple of die hards who come and post on this forum.

great point April! i think we all need to step outside the box sometimes when we make bold predictions and assumptions. :)

This all leads me to think we'll be getting another single soon. I'm even starting to wonder if we'll see Boots on the Grammy or something new....:hmm:

Ok.... but if i remember correctly the promotion for HTDAAB was completley different to the promotion for Vertigo.......U2 will promote THE ALBUM not the single, people will know THE ALBUM will be out the 2nd and 3rd of March, so how can one song stop people from buying an entire album :|

Mainly because the general public don't know about the song because of U2's promotion being awful...

Ok.... but if i remember correctly the promotion for HTDAAB was completley different to the promotion for Vertigo.......U2 will promote THE ALBUM not the single, people will know THE ALBUM will be out the 2nd and 3rd of March, so how can one song stop people from buying an entire album :|

It's not a song stopping people from buying the album, the single's job is to get people who wouldn't buy it anyway to buy it

The die-hards would buy an album no matter what
Casual Fans maybe or maybe not
The average person won't buy an album unless they like the singles

Mainly because the general public don't know about the song because of U2's promotion being awful...

But they will? its on the radio... it'll be played at the award shows, what else can they do for gods sake?,

people just find negative things for anything and everything.

Putting your new single in a commercial that aired during the biggest football game of the year? Yep, that's terrible promotion...

I would likely blame radio over the actual band, also.

Everyone is freaking out way too much over this. :shrug:

Back
Top Bottom