Rumor: GOYB Single delayed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
the promotion of this single is very bad!all is changing:itunes dates, clip dates, single dates.....SHIT!
maybe it will be available in .....2010!
thanks for the fans who are waiting since 4 years:|

thanks for the personn who have recorded the beach clip!!!U2 is desinterested of this fans!

So we see clear signs that things didn't go so well in the U2 camp. Maybe after so much time of work they still didn't find the new material good enough and then things didn't come smoothly since then.

But I can't find a solid reason for this conclusion. The single has actually been sold since January. There is absolutely no word on postponing the album.

There is something wrong with this album since the beginning. Some facts that ocurred that made feel very skeptical about this whole thing.

In 2006 Bono said that he wanted to release a new album, that he "owned" the other guys this... then they do some sessions with that Rubin producer. All that work was scrapped.
In 2007 they go to Marroco and finally start the album for real. From there to mid 2008 they are amost finished with the album. It's scheduled to be released in October and then it's delayed.
In 2009 they release the first single with almost no promotion. The video is delayed, then the single is delayed too.
It's Feb 5th and the album has got Zero promotion. The single virtually passed by the listeners and makes no impact at all. (I'm not discussing here music quality)
Their website continues to feature the same visual theme from 2004.
Still no promotion.

So we see clear signs that things didn't go so well in the U2 camp. Maybe after so much time of work they still didn't find the new material good enough and then things didn't come smoothly since then.

Bomb sold 840.000 copies in it's first week in the USA. It was huge. Partly thanx for Vertigo/Ipod sucsses and partly because of the huge hit that was Leave Behind.

I don't see they even coming close to that kind of impact. I'm not saying that album sales is vital, but U2's goal is to continue to be relevant. And that is not going so well for them right now.

There are a lot of glaring errors here: your analysis that there are "clear signs that things didn't go so well in the U2 camp" is based on very old news that isn't really related to the final product (ditching Rubin, delaying the November release).

And Zero promotion?? Maybe you haven't read the 79 listening party reviews featured in media from all over the world? The RS spread and the huge Q feature?

The panick and doom and gloom on this board is amazing. I have the impression people are waiting for negative stuff to happen so they have something to complain. There will be no album delay. Things like that happen all the time. We don't know what's going on behind the scenes. Stop panicking, please.

Most music fans give a shit about single releases, they want an album.

There will be a number of live performances in the next week, that's enough promotion and the right one.

The panick and doom and gloom on this board is amazing. I have the impression people are waiting for negative stuff to happen so they have something to complain. There will be no album delay. Things like that happen all the time. We don't know what's going on behind the scenes. Stop panicking, please.

I agree. There is no reason to despair. CD singles unfortunately no longer matter too much in the recording industry. It's just part of the U2 tradition to keep marketing it. Maybe they decided to change the tracklisting due it has a song that will be already on the album.

I agree with LU here.
And even, purely hypotethical speaking, if there was a delay. So what? Is it that bad to just wait another two weeks? What's two weeks on the 4+ years we've been waiting?

I think there is nothing to worry about. The only thing U2 should have done was release the video of the single by now and probably should have released the video almost immediately after the radio single release. The video just adds that something special to the song IMO.

official annouce: U2 live (two songs) on frensh tv with special broadcast and U2 guest on Febrary 23 on live show :LE Grand Journal.:applaud:

This is confirmed ! the first live tv show of U2 in France!

official annouce: U2 live (two songs) on frensh tv with special broadcast and U2 guest on Febrary 23 on live show :LE Grand Journal.:applaud:

This is confirmed ! the first live tv show of U2 in France!

That's cool. I hope it's two new songs as well, and not just GOYB.
I love hearing live songs before I've even heard the album version. :hyper:

^ :lol: No way.

Seriously, since U2 have been rehearsing in Hannover Quay, isn't it possible for some fans to get some audio clips so we know what they will be playing?

I was talking to a mate who overheard Steve Matthews say to a fellow employee that they would play Pride and One. :drool::drool::drool::drool::drool:

But Regine Moylett reckons it's going to be Red Light! :ohmy:

OH NO THERE'S DISAGREEMENT IN THE U2 CAMP IT'S ALL OVER GUYS THE ALBUM WON'T COME OUT!

I think they will play GOYB and Vertigo

What I do not get is this reaction by an incredibly predictable group of people who state that a first single is not important. The first single is the key to bring in newer fans.
The normal U2fan will buy the recrod nomatter what but a newbe listener who isnt into the first single isnt likely to buy the record. It doents matter though. The album will rule and GOYB will be the worst song on the record by far.

Back
Top Bottom