Rumor: GOYB Single delayed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Here in the UK, music channels are still very popular, especially amongst the younger crowd. Add that to Youtube and you have a delivery system accessible to millions.

You're right, it's not much of a step down, it's a head first fall down a cliff...

I actually was at Walmart the other day for the first time in about a year. Its not too bad....though I've always wondered why they have 32 checkout lanes constructed but only 4 1/2 of them are available at any given time. Yes, I said 1/2, because one of the lanes always has its light blinking because the person scanning the item couldn't find the barcode on the tire or big rubber dinosaur or whatever ridiculous piece of shit was bought for at the roll down price of: $1.67

I will kill myself if I have to wait in line there again with a brand new U2 CD in my grasp.

I will literally....

...kill my self.

Time to kick start my ol' habit and start a new VCR tape (yes, I am still using VCR recording) documenting a new U2 on TV era. :nerd:
I still record with my VCR. It plays DVD's but it doesn't record. But there's nothing wrong with it and I just can't justify shelling out for a dvd/DVR , or whatever is the latest greatest technology.
It's ready for sunday, too. :wink:

Is this a rumour or has it been confirmed, ive seen nothing on u2.com :huh:

according to U2 achtung, Universal France have said it's delayed til the 23rd in France :shrug:

"Universal France nous informe du report de la sortie du single Get On Your Boots au 23 février"

its only obvious that its delayed due to the fact that there's another song on the single that is not suppose to be out until the album comes out. So release it a day earlier and it doesn't ruin the album launch.

its only obvious that its delayed due to the fact that there's another song on the single that is not suppose to be out until the album comes out. So release it a day earlier and it doesn't ruin the album launch.

Wait.... but why would they announce an earlier release date in the first place? It's not like they were just surprised last week to discover the NLOTH remix on the single release... :doh:

Maybe, but I think the answer just might be a lot simpler. Perhaps the sleeve artwork was late and thus caused a delay at the pressing or it was simply moved to a later date in order to press someone else's cd.

Maybe, but I think the answer just might be a lot simpler. Perhaps the sleeve artwork was late and thus caused a delay at the pressing or it was simply moved to a later date in order to press someone else's cd.

Or maybe they actually want to release it closer to the album?

but amazon and hmv still saying the 15th for here in the UK.

*takes car off of ebay*

But, but... I already put a bid on it? Don't tell me you're not gonna honor my $4.99 bid?!?! :angry: :madwife: :mad: :down:

CD singles are good for several reasons:

1) collectors
2) those who like tangible items
3) DJ's (who often spin vinyl anyway)
4) extra goodies (b-sides, remixes, videos, etc.).

With iTunes and other download sites dominating the world, and with few artists even releasing CD singles in the U.S., I wouldn't worry much about the delay (if there is one). Could be a shipping issue.

I think it is delayed because they were not happy with the mix and want to change it into a country and western song with additional vocals sung by Kenny Rogers. I have this confirmed by an inside source known as Big Bubba.

So the physical single has been delayed – Boots is still available globally on iTunes, no? Does a physical single really matter anyway? No-one buys them. No-one. The clip being delayed is dumb, but shit happens.

And the single wouldn’t be delayed because of pressing problems. That’s ridiculous. Firstly, they’re manufactured all over the world, and secondly, you can turn that shit around in 24-48 hrs, it wouldn’t cause more than a couple of days delay.

So the physical single has been delayed – Boots is still available globally on iTunes, no?

If by globally you mean everywhere except Ireland and the UK, yes.

I think I've bought every single on CD since Discotheque, so I wouldn't say that no one buys them. I've already pre-ordered the GOYB single as well.

That being said, I'd be surprised if they release physical singles for the next album.

If by globally you mean everywhere except Ireland and the UK, yes.

I think I've bought every single on CD since Discotheque, so I wouldn't say that no one buys them. I've already pre-ordered the GOYB single as well.

That being said, I'd be surprised if they release physical singles for the next album.

Yeah, I preordered the GOYB single too and have just about every single since JT-(in Vinyl).

I guess you are No and I am -One.

:wink:

U2 Swiss Home - NEWS

According to Swiss U2 fans, the 2nd single will be Crazy Tonight, followed by Magnificent as the third one.

damn, that title is just fucking painful...."I'll Go Crazy If I don't Go Crazy Tonight" - Are you kidding me!?!?! ESPECIALLY as a single, how idiotic is that? Why not just make it "Crazy Tonight" since that's what most people are going to start calling it anyway, and since it's ten times easier to say, and since it's a damn single, and since the title they have now is just so fucking awkward....I mean as a single?!?! WTF, how does this shit happen?

I know we've talked about this before, but holy shit....

damn, that title is just fucking painful...."I'll Go Crazy If I don't Go Crazy Tonight" - Are you kidding me!?!?! ESPECIALLY as a first single, how idiotic is that? Why not just make it "Crazy Tonight" since that's what most people are going to start calling it anyway, and since it's ten times easier to say, and since it's a damn single, and since the title they have now is just so fucking awkward....I mean as a single?!?! WTF, how does this shit happen?

first single?

damn, that title is just fucking painful...."I'll Go Crazy If I don't Go Crazy Tonight" - Are you kidding me!?!?! ESPECIALLY as a first single, how idiotic is that? Why not just make it "Crazy Tonight" since that's what most people are going to start calling it anyway, and since it's ten times easier to say, and since it's a damn single, and since the title they have now is just so fucking awkward....I mean as a single?!?! WTF, how does this shit happen?

i actually really like the song title. :reject:

it's different, which is cool. when it was "Crazy Tonight", everyone complained because it sounded like a throwaway pop title. now it's at least a little ackward. and i can't wait to hear DJ's having to say this long and ackward song title. :D

i've no qualms with the song title. after all, it's just a song title. plus i think it's better than just "Crazy Tonight."

"Crazy Night" sounds like hair metal to me.

Yes it does...a Bon Jovi, Kiss and all them shite bands kinda song title! In fact from the descriptions of all the songs on the new album this song sounds easily the worse of the lot in my opinion. Maybe the "Man and a Woman" or "Peace on Earth" of NLOTH! So in 3-4 years it will be track 5....skip!

yeah, I initially cringed at the title, but usually with those you hear the song and it makes sense. With this one, I heard the descriptions and it made sense, so I like it now

Back
Top Bottom