Rumor: GOYB Single delayed - Page 3 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > Everything You Know Is Wrong > Where The Album Has A Name - Songs of Experience
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 02-05-2009, 05:59 AM   #31
Acrobat
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: amsterdam
Posts: 362
Local Time: 04:53 AM
Quote:
Album getting delayed is called speculation.
Yes it is, captain. But it doesn't bode well for the album release.
__________________

laurent37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 05:59 AM   #32
The Fly
 
martin jaubert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: France
Posts: 172
Local Time: 10:53 PM
the promotion of this single is very bad!all is changing:itunes dates, clip dates, single dates.....SHIT!
maybe it will be available in .....2010!
thanks for the fans who are waiting since 4 years

thanks for the personn who have recorded the beach clip!!!U2 is desinterested of this fans!
__________________

martin jaubert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 05:59 AM   #33
War Child
 
cdirani's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Somewhere Over The Horizon
Posts: 682
Local Time: 01:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoyOnTheHorizon View Post
So we see clear signs that things didn't go so well in the U2 camp. Maybe after so much time of work they still didn't find the new material good enough and then things didn't come smoothly since then.

.

But I can't find a solid reason for this conclusion. The single has actually been sold since January. There is absolutely no word on postponing the album.
cdirani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 05:59 AM   #34
New Yorker
 
bram's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Boston
Posts: 2,498
Local Time: 11:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoyOnTheHorizon View Post
There is something wrong with this album since the beginning. Some facts that ocurred that made feel very skeptical about this whole thing.

In 2006 Bono said that he wanted to release a new album, that he "owned" the other guys this... then they do some sessions with that Rubin producer. All that work was scrapped.
In 2007 they go to Marroco and finally start the album for real. From there to mid 2008 they are amost finished with the album. It's scheduled to be released in October and then it's delayed.
In 2009 they release the first single with almost no promotion. The video is delayed, then the single is delayed too.
It's Feb 5th and the album has got Zero promotion. The single virtually passed by the listeners and makes no impact at all. (I'm not discussing here music quality)
Their website continues to feature the same visual theme from 2004.
Still no promotion.

So we see clear signs that things didn't go so well in the U2 camp. Maybe after so much time of work they still didn't find the new material good enough and then things didn't come smoothly since then.

Bomb sold 840.000 copies in it's first week in the USA. It was huge. Partly thanx for Vertigo/Ipod sucsses and partly because of the huge hit that was Leave Behind.

I don't see they even coming close to that kind of impact. I'm not saying that album sales is vital, but U2's goal is to continue to be relevant. And that is not going so well for them right now.
There are a lot of glaring errors here: your analysis that there are "clear signs that things didn't go so well in the U2 camp" is based on very old news that isn't really related to the final product (ditching Rubin, delaying the November release).

And Zero promotion?? Maybe you haven't read the 79 listening party reviews featured in media from all over the world? The RS spread and the huge Q feature?
bram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 06:00 AM   #35
War Child
 
cdirani's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Somewhere Over The Horizon
Posts: 682
Local Time: 01:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by martin jaubert View Post
the promotion of this single is very bad!
maybe it will be available in .....2010!
thanks for the fans who are waiting since 4 years
You're wrong here. The single has been doing well in the digital markets.
cdirani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 06:01 AM   #36
Blue Crack Addict
 
last unicorn's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: lost in poetry
Posts: 19,446
Local Time: 04:53 AM
The panick and doom and gloom on this board is amazing. I have the impression people are waiting for negative stuff to happen so they have something to complain. There will be no album delay. Things like that happen all the time. We don't know what's going on behind the scenes. Stop panicking, please.

Most music fans give a shit about single releases, they want an album.

There will be a number of live performances in the next week, that's enough promotion and the right one.
last unicorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 06:02 AM   #37
War Child
 
cdirani's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Somewhere Over The Horizon
Posts: 682
Local Time: 01:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by laurent37 View Post
Yes it is, captain. But it doesn't bode well for the album release.
I can't find any reason for that. If they had delayed the CD single because of the album they'd have been postponed the album as well.
cdirani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 06:05 AM   #38
War Child
 
cdirani's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Somewhere Over The Horizon
Posts: 682
Local Time: 01:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by last unicorn View Post
The panick and doom and gloom on this board is amazing. I have the impression people are waiting for negative stuff to happen so they have something to complain. There will be no album delay. Things like that happen all the time. We don't know what's going on behind the scenes. Stop panicking, please.
I agree. There is no reason to despair. CD singles unfortunately no longer matter too much in the recording industry. It's just part of the U2 tradition to keep marketing it. Maybe they decided to change the tracklisting due it has a song that will be already on the album.
cdirani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 06:07 AM   #39
Galeonbroad
 
Galeongirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Schoo Fishtank
Posts: 70,778
Local Time: 05:53 AM
I agree with LU here.
And even, purely hypotethical speaking, if there was a delay. So what? Is it that bad to just wait another two weeks? What's two weeks on the 4+ years we've been waiting?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraceRyan View Post
And if U2 EVER did Hawkmoon live....and the version from the Lovetown Tour, my uterus would leave my body and fling itself at Bono - for realz.
Don't worry baby, it's gonna be all right. Uncertainty can be a guiding light...
Galeongirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 06:07 AM   #40
War Child
 
SecretFly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 682
Local Time: 01:53 PM
I think there is nothing to worry about. The only thing U2 should have done was release the video of the single by now and probably should have released the video almost immediately after the radio single release. The video just adds that something special to the song IMO.
SecretFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 06:13 AM   #41
War Child
 
cdirani's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Somewhere Over The Horizon
Posts: 682
Local Time: 01:53 AM
To link a CD single delay with U2 unhappiness with the whole album is a bit too much, imho.
cdirani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 06:16 AM   #42
New Yorker
 
PowerSurge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: somewhere up in the ether
Posts: 2,992
Local Time: 11:53 PM
If I have to wait another 6 months to hear these damn songs I'm going to sell my car, condo, and most of my possessions and become a Coldplay tour roadie!
PowerSurge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 06:18 AM   #43
War Child
 
cdirani's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Somewhere Over The Horizon
Posts: 682
Local Time: 01:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerSurge View Post
If I have to wait another 6 months to hear these damn songs I'm going to sell my car, condo, and most of my possessions and become a Coldplay tour roadie!
Take it easy!
The album will be out in less than 30 days.
Press have already heard it. And lots of. So no reason to cancell it.
cdirani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 06:20 AM   #44
New Yorker
 
PowerSurge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: somewhere up in the ether
Posts: 2,992
Local Time: 11:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdirani View Post
Take it easy!
The album will be out in less than 30 days.
Press have already heard it. And lots of. So no reason to cancell it.
*takes car off of ebay*


okay....okay....well it better!!!!
PowerSurge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 06:21 AM   #45
Galeonbroad
 
Galeongirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Schoo Fishtank
Posts: 70,778
Local Time: 05:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerSurge View Post
If I have to wait another 6 months to hear these damn songs I'm going to sell my car, condo, and most of my possessions and become a Coldplay tour roadie!
Have fun. One more ticket for us then.
__________________

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraceRyan View Post
And if U2 EVER did Hawkmoon live....and the version from the Lovetown Tour, my uterus would leave my body and fling itself at Bono - for realz.
Don't worry baby, it's gonna be all right. Uncertainty can be a guiding light...
Galeongirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
get on your boots

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:53 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com