Rumor: GOYB Single delayed - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > Everything You Know Is Wrong > Where The Album Has A Name - Songs of Experience
Click Here to Login

Old 02-05-2009, 05:08 AM   #16
Refugee

Local Time: 03:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrissybaby View Post
I've said it before and will say it again, who or what on earth is making decisions for the biggest band in the world? I have no doubt that the tour/album will be amazing but the promo for this record, and all the mixed messages has been shambolic...
Pretty sad isn't it. Basically the song should have been released on the radio, video, downloadable and cd version of Get On Your Boots made available all on the same day.

That way song would have been given the best chance to hit the top 10, get instant recognition, and the extra push with the fantastic film clip. It would have let the majority of the public know the new U2 album is due soon.

The way its been launched, the single is done and dusted before the physical release. The film clip almost feels a waste of time now.

Old 02-05-2009, 05:13 AM   #17
The Fly

Local Time: 12:55 AM
they wouldn't delay an album that already has a tracklist and a listening party for the press. Physical single releases aren't important.

Old 02-05-2009, 05:13 AM   #18
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 04:25 PM
Seems like U2 don't care much about their single, right?

Old 02-05-2009, 05:14 AM   #19
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 10:25 AM
I can't believe people think GOYB sucks. I think it's an incredible song. There's a lot going on and a lot that adds up nicely.
Old 02-05-2009, 05:16 AM   #20
Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by coemgen View Post
I can't believe people think GOYB sucks. I think it's an incredible song. There's a lot going on and a lot that adds up nicely.
Song is great, video is even better. Just wish it had a proper launch. I don't think the live promo performances now will do much for it...............hope I am wrong.
Old 02-05-2009, 05:17 AM   #21
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 10:25 AM
Atu2.com is saying it's just in three countries.

NEW @U2 'BOOTS' SINGLE DELAYED IN SOME COUNTRIES
February 05, 2009
posted by: m2
Several of our fellow fan sites around the world are reporting that the "Get On Your Boots" single has been delayed. It was supposed to be released between February 13-16 (depending on the country). But here's what we've been told about new release dates:

February 20: Germany
February 23: France
February 24: Spain
Old 02-05-2009, 05:20 AM   #22
The Fly

Local Time: 01:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sken View Post
Song is great, video is even better. Just wish it had a proper launch. I don't think the live promo performances now will do much for it...............hope I am wrong.
I too like the song - the video is brilliant and has certainly increased my appreciation for it. (Initially I wasn't all that impressed with the song).

So good lead single (IMO), great video - I don't think the track has been given due credit.

As someone else suggested, really should have been a video / Cd single / digital single release all on the same day.
Old 02-05-2009, 05:20 AM   #23
Refugee

Quote:

February 05, 2009
Several of our fellow fan sites around the world are reporting that the "Get On Your Boots" single has been delayed. It was supposed to be released between February 13-16 (depending on the country). But here's what we've been told about new release dates:

LOL, gets better! i guess it's quite charming in a way...
Old 02-05-2009, 05:25 AM   #24
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 01:25 AM
Quote:

February 05, 2009

Hardly surprising. Multiple U2 releases have been delayed by a week in New Zealand, for instance. I think the Vertigo single was one of them; it came out on 8 November 2004 in most of the world, but I recollect it not coming out until the 15th in New Zealand.

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Axver is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 05:30 AM   #25
Galeonbroad

Local Time: 05:25 PM
Is this a confirmed rumour?
Don't worry baby, it's gonna be all right. Uncertainty can be a guiding light...
Galeongirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 05:42 AM   #26
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 01:25 AM
By the way ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by last unicorn View Post
So far, we have four confirmed U2 live performances: The Grammys, the Brit Awards, the Echo Awards and a French TV Special.
French TV special? I must have missed hearing about this. Details, please? I can't seem to find anything on here or other sites I normally check.

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Axver is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 05:43 AM   #27
Refugee

Local Time: 12:25 PM
There is something wrong with this album since the beginning. Some facts that ocurred that made feel very skeptical about this whole thing.

In 2006 Bono said that he wanted to release a new album, that he "owned" the other guys this... then they do some sessions with that Rubin producer. All that work was scrapped.
In 2007 they go to Marroco and finally start the album for real. From there to mid 2008 they are amost finished with the album. It's scheduled to be released in October and then it's delayed.
In 2009 they release the first single with almost no promotion. The video is delayed, then the single is delayed too.
It's Feb 5th and the album has got Zero promotion. The single virtually passed by the listeners and makes no impact at all. (I'm not discussing here music quality)
Their website continues to feature the same visual theme from 2004.
Still no promotion.

So we see clear signs that things didn't go so well in the U2 camp. Maybe after so much time of work they still didn't find the new material good enough and then things didn't come smoothly since then.

Bomb sold 840.000 copies in it's first week in the USA. It was huge. Partly thanx for Vertigo/Ipod sucsses and partly because of the huge hit that was Leave Behind.

I don't see they even coming close to that kind of impact. I'm not saying that album sales is vital, but U2's goal is to continue to be relevant. And that is not going so well for them right now.
Old 02-05-2009, 05:52 AM   #28
The Fly

The GOYB video will make a nice impact! If it is followed by a strong second single the album will get enough attention... Think about the scheduled performances and the upcoming tour and 2009 will be a spotlight year for U2, so as long as the album is any good, sales will be fine throughout the year!

Old 02-05-2009, 05:54 AM   #29
Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoyOnTheHorizon View Post
There is something wrong with this album since the beginning. Some facts that ocurred that made feel very skeptical about this whole thing.

In 2006 Bono said that he wanted to release a new album, that he "owned" the other guys this... then they do some sessions with that Rubin producer. All that work was scrapped.
In 2007 they go to Marroco and finally start the album for real. From there to mid 2008 they are amost finished with the album. It's scheduled to be released in October and then it's delayed.
In 2009 they release the first single with almost no promotion. The video is delayed, then the single is delayed too.
It's Feb 5th and the album has got Zero promotion. The single virtually passed by the listeners and makes no impact at all. (I'm not discussing here music quality)
Their website continues to feature the same visual theme from 2004.
Still no promotion.

So we see clear signs that things didn't go so well in the U2 camp. Maybe after so much time of work they still didn't find the new material good enough and then things didn't come smoothly since then.

Bomb sold 840.000 copies in it's first week in the USA. It was huge. Partly thanx for Vertigo/Ipod sucsses and partly because of the huge hit that was Leave Behind.

I don't see they even coming close to that kind of impact. I'm not saying that album sales is vital, but U2's goal is to continue to be relevant. And that is not going so well for them right now.
Do I care about sales results? NO

Do I care if the album is any good or not? YES

Tell me what would you prefer?

1. Massive publicity with adverts etc on TV (which means good first few weeks sales figures) followed by an average album

2. Limited publicity with not very good sales figures compared with bomb but followed by a masterpiece?
Old 02-05-2009, 05:56 AM   #30
War Child

Local Time: 01:25 PM
Album getting delayed is called speculation.

Tags
get on your boots