Rumor: GOYB Single delayed - Page 10 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > Everything You Know Is Wrong > Where The Album Has A Name - Songs of Experience
Click Here to Login

Old 02-05-2009, 09:51 AM   #136
MMP
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 08:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mama cass View Post
isn't GOYB available on UK itunes?

if that's the case, blimey
It is? Now, I'm confused

MMP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 09:51 AM   #137
New Yorker

Local Time: 06:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zwervers2 View Post
I dissagree. It will be difficult to be beat Pop.
A) In 1997 no one was downloading
B) they just had Achtung baby/zooropa
C) they were much younger

I will be VERY surprised if they top Pop. if they do: good for them, if not, not surprised, That's all
I think you are way off on the age thing. You didn't happen to take a look at the top rock record sellers from last year did you? Number one was some 30 year olds, number 2 was some 60 year olds. Metallica and G&R are old as well. If anything, age = more album sales when it comes to rock music, probably because of who is actually buying albums these days. U2 are arguably at the perfect age for record sales: old enough to be a high priority for actual record-buyers, young enough and good enough to appeal to those in the 18-28 range. If they were young, record-buyers would shun them and kids would steal their albums.

bram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 09:58 AM   #138
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 10:19 PM
Aardvark747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 09:59 AM   #139
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 12:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by .:MrMacPhisto:. View Post
It is? Now, I'm confused
i don't know if it is or isn't hehe i was just going by what you were saying in your post

i think it would be crazy for it not to be available on UK itunes, i really do!

(i bought mine off itunes france - it turned up there a few days after radio release)
mama cass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 10:01 AM   #140
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Well ok... thinking a little more, maybe they have delayed releasing to certain regions to connect with the promotion?, i mean the grammys, the songs already out in the US, so they play it and promote the song, the brits, the song is released here on the 15th (amazon etc still backs this up), the brits are on the 18th, U2 play there and promote the song thats just been released, so on so on? maybe am way out, but just a theory.
KUEFC09U2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 10:03 AM   #141
MMP
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
i don't know if it is or isn't hehe i was just going by what you were saying in your post

i think it would be crazy for it not to be available on UK itunes, i really do!

(i bought mine off itunes france - it turned up there a few days after radio release)
Well, as far as I know it's not released on UK iTunes. Any british mate to confirm?
Old 02-05-2009, 10:09 AM   #142
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Well, as far as I know it's not released on UK iTunes. Any british mate to confirm?
I looked yesterday and it still wasn't available.
Aardvark747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 10:10 AM   #143
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
i just had a look on my itunes, changed the store to the UK, did a quick search on U2 and couldn't find GOYB there at all... the album is there to pre-order though, but you can't buy that one track yet
mama cass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 10:14 AM   #144
War Child

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrissybaby View Post
I've said it before and will say it again, who or what on earth is making decisions for the biggest band in the world? I have no doubt that the tour/album will be amazing but the promo for this record, and all the mixed messages has been shambolic...

They(U2,management and record label) have really shot themselves in the foot with this one....I can go back to when the album was delayed with Lanois saying they were putting the finishing touches on it in June and then all of a sudden the next thing you know we were hearing that the album wouldn't be released last November as originally planned.

The other thing is just as someone else said where the hell is the video for the song??...you mean to tell me it's taking this long to get clearances??
....well then use other images for God's sake...if you want a single to be successful on the charts you don't release it to radio and over 2 weeks later still not have a video for the single out......the promo for this album has been shockingly mediocre at best....it's one thing if you're a Pearl Jam who really is all about the music less the promotion and the fame....then fine,do whatever you want...... but we know U2 is not that type of band.

Step it up,boys or you will have another POP on your hands(in terms of record sales) ...I love that album fiercely,but we all know that was one of your weaker selling albums in part due to mismanagement on a number of different levels
buzzkill27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 10:15 AM   #145
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally Posted by bram View Post
I think you are way off on the age thing. You didn't happen to take a look at the top rock record sellers from last year did you? Number one was some 30 year olds, number 2 was some 60 year olds. Metallica and G&R are old as well. If anything, age = more album sales when it comes to rock music, probably because of who is actually buying albums these days. U2 are arguably at the perfect age for record sales: old enough to be a high priority for actual record-buyers, young enough and good enough to appeal to those in the 18-28 range. If they were young, record-buyers would shun them and kids would steal their albums.
Axl sold a record?!

and no, off course I am not going to look at a saleslist but maybe you have a valid point
zwervers2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 10:16 AM   #146
Acrobat

Quote:
It's all because old people don't know how to download.
ybab gnuthca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 10:17 AM   #147
MMP
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aardvark747 View Post
I looked yesterday and it still wasn't available.
Quote:
i just had a look on my itunes, changed the store to the UK, did a quick search on U2 and couldn't find GOYB there at all... the album is there to pre-order though, but you can't buy that one track yet
Thanks...

Well, it's not on UK iTunes. I don't know. I'm sure Universal has some kind of plan and reason why they're running things like this.
Old 02-05-2009, 10:18 AM   #148
New Yorker

Quote:
Originally Posted by zwervers2 View Post
Axl sold a record?!

and no, off course I am not going to look at a saleslist but maybe you have a valid point
ACDC was number 2 to Coldplay, and not by much.
Old 02-05-2009, 10:21 AM   #149
MMP
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
ACDC was number 2 to Coldplay, and not by much.
The difference was about a 1.5 million... that's a lot in today's standards. Interesting is that the top 3 sellers of albums released this year are rock bands. Last year was Linkin Park, also a rock band. (Well, it sucks but it is.)
Old 02-05-2009, 10:26 AM   #150
New Yorker

Quote:
The difference was about a 1.5 million... that's a lot in today's standards. Interesting is that the top 3 sellers of albums released this year are rock bands. Last year was Linkin Park, also a rock band. (Well, it sucks but it is.)
The point is that they are old (a lot older than U2 by "today's standards") and they sold a bajillion records. And unlike U2, they are not good.

Tags
get on your boots