[RUMOR] Bono says new album may be out in June

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah, let's wait to see if they ever ship these new ones before saying that.

Oh they will. Probably around.. let's see, U2.com said late January.. so in real time that translates to April I think.

Amusing how they are folloing the EXACT same pattern they did last year. Announce it in october, say it's sent out late january when it's december, then delay until april with lots of backorder.

it's pretty amusing because this article has already made its rounds around the internet. if you google "U2 New Album" and filter it to recent articles, all you see is "New U2 album expected in June!". if U2 does indeed back out of releasing this thing, they need to at least release a statement now.

it's pretty amusing because this article has already made its rounds around the internet. if you google "U2 New Album" and filter it to recent articles, all you see is "New U2 album expected in June!". if U2 does indeed back out of releasing this thing, they need to at least release a statement now.

Damn straight, they can't keep on dragging us along for too much longer if they know for sure that they won't release it. But then again they're probably still discussing it. :shrug:

(3:33! :up:)

sorry if this has been discussed but I couldn't find any posts about this article.
New U2 Album Expected In June | undercover.com.au, Music, News, Entertainment
I assume now we know why they use to call the old fan club propaganda!!!!!

I am sure part of this is to help sell tickets to the tour this summer. Trying to get folks that went last year to go again..... NOT>>>>>

I have grown tired of the Propaganda they use in selling tickets etc..... Join Fan club get cd... Etc etc....

When they come back to their senses and play arenas maybe I will take another look.

:hmm:

Who is "they"?

So U2 wrote a bad misinformed article in order to get folks to buy tickets?

Are you ever gonna start trying to make sense, or is this just your thing?

Who is "they"?

So U2 wrote a bad misinformed article in order to get folks to buy tickets?

Are you ever gonna start trying to make sense, or is this just your thing?

Well, to be fair, his username is "badu2fan." Maybe he's just living up to his handle.

So, the tour starts on June 3rd and the band might want to rehearse before opening night.
Two weeks like last year? Perhaps that is a bit too much as they surely spent time to get used to the stage and working out that aspect of the show as well not just the music alone.

Let's just assume that they will need two weeks of rehearsing this time around as well and in other words U2 should be in Salt Lake City on the 20th of May. If there is indeed a new album coming out, wouldn't we hear of it in the coming month then if they would want to spend some time to promote it before going back on the road?

In any event, I think it would be fair to expect news of a single release from either No Line On The Horizon or a possible new album in March at the latest or this won't be happening. That being said, I guess Edge still would want to try out some new songs in front of an audience so we might get something fresh after all?

Let's just hope SOA doesn't bomb, or else Bono might start emulating the Joshua Tree of douchebags, John Mayer:

:bono:: We really need to start bringing some tail up onto the stage again. I think that's what all the critics meant when they said 360 was lacking: lacking babes. I have ideas for what the new stage should look like...I'm thinking I'll walk out onto sunburst thighs. Not sure what we're calling the pit yet. Anyway, I'd write the plans out, but I'm too high. Edge has been working on an ultra-efficient hydroponic growth system. He's blazin'. He's playing like Bob Marley on Mars bars.

:adam:: :love:

:larry:: :shrug:

Let's just hope SOA doesn't bomb, or else Bono might start emulating the Joshua Tree of douchebags, John Mayer:

:bono:: We really need to start bringing some tail up onto the stage again. I think that's what all the critics meant when they said 360 was lacking: lacking babes. I have ideas for what the new stage should look like...I'm thinking I'll walk out onto sunburst thighs. Not sure what we're calling the pit yet. Anyway, I'd write the plans out, but I'm too high. Edge has been working on an ultra-efficient hydroponic growth system. He's blazin'. He's playing like Bob Marley on Mars bars.

:adam:: :love:

:larry:: :shrug:

"He's playing like Bob Marley on Mars bars" - ha i love that! :D

I have nothing to add other than that I love mocking U2.com:love:. Also, I wouldn't be shocked at all if SOA got a June release. It'll be great publicity for the next leg(s) of the tour. If they're going to release it any point soon, I think it'd be then. I can't wait. NLOTH has actually grown on me over the past year. I loved it because I've never met a U2 album I didn't, but I was slightly let down. That feeling has changed over time. From what I've heard about SOA, I think I'll love it right away.

But Larry won't be. And by then he'll have learned to play each instrument better than the rest of the band. And his voice is already pretty good.

Isn't the fact that Bono has NOT said anything about a new album, support that one may actually be in the works?

Seriously though, I love U2 and have for decades. But the way they treat their fans about stuff like this is B.S. In an era where bands use the internet to post blogs, video, etc and keep their fans in the know, U2 act like its 1980, where a scattered quote every month or two is supposed to keep us hanging on to their every move.

Pure crap.

The way they treat their fans? What crap... Are they suppose to give you a twitter informing you every time they cut their hair? It's obviously up in the air, it is what it is, they don't owe you anything.

The way they treat their fans? What crap... Are they suppose to give you a twitter informing you every time they cut their hair? It's obviously up in the air, it is what it is, they don't owe you anything.

actually, i think Bono is growing his hair back out a bit...FYI

Back
Top Bottom