Rumor: Band is already discussing date release and maybe new single out this year!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah, I was born here and I live in Lisbon.
You'll be coming to Porto (2nd biggest and 2nd most important city) too? It's nice to hear that a family that moved elsewhere is coming back to its country for many years. That always feel great for that people, really. It reminds me when african-Portuguese friends go back to visit their roots in Cabo Verde, Angola, Mozambique, South Africa and what they feel.

I think my english is not that great, but thanks anyway. In fact, it has happened to me in Interference to be mocked by some users (not gonna say who) because of some basic language errors... just because I'm not english-native like them.
I started to learn english in school in the mid-90's and then practising everyday until today: oral, written, listened, etc. But then I stopped and I continued with french and spanish. Now I want to start with german.

No, I'm not a Benfica fan (sorry to disappoint you) eh eh eh. Neither for Benfica or for any other football club. They're just a (real) Mafia of assholes that generate money for themselves. And I hate how people can easily replace their religion by football obcession, here. It's like replacing the saints of the Catholic church by the football players. It's hard to understand the religious fever for football for me.

Thanks for the kindness m8! And pleased to hear there's a portuguese-descendent guy here ;)

Hello hello meu amigo português. Não se esqueca dos seus parentes brasileiros heheheheh!

Tenho uma amiga morando em lisboa atualmente e me fala muito bem de seu país. Um dia pretendo visitar a Europa e passar por Portugal. E voce, tem vontade de vir ao Brasil? Só para constar aqui existe uma enorme base de fãs de U2. Agora nem preciso mencionar o fenômeno do futebol por aqui, voce já deve ser... nós somos o país do futebol. Durante a copa do mundo é uma coisa incrível, um país de 180 milhoes de pessoas simplesmente pára para ver os jogos da seleção brasileira!!

Grande Abraço!

I will guess that if we don't hear anything by the end of next week, we will not have a album in Feb.

Although, would the holidays be a good time to release news for a album? Maybe a good time to release a commerical announcing a new U2 album for 09.

Doesn't have to be for iPod/Apple or anything, just a commercial which has the music for the new single in it, and a message saying "U2 XXXXX released in 09".

People are home watching football/TV anyway over the christmas break, why not?

I doubt it'll happen though. I still think the single will be released in early Jan, with the album coming out late Feb or early March.

I agree. The longer we wait for any official news, the longer I believe we're looking at March earliest for the album.

to be picky...

if it is a double album, i would love it to be a true double album and not a disk of b-sides. If you are going to release b-sides, make it its own disk and release. but to agree with everyone here, if we hear nothing this week, then March will be likely. The band, like most of us, take time out during the holidays.

Yeah, I was born here and I live in Lisbon.
You'll be coming to Porto (2nd biggest and 2nd most important city) too? It's nice to hear that a family that moved elsewhere is coming back to its country for many years. That always feel great for that people, really. It reminds me when african-Portuguese friends go back to visit their roots in Cabo Verde, Angola, Mozambique, South Africa and what they feel.

I think my english is not that great, but thanks anyway. In fact, it has happened to me in Interference to be mocked by some users (not gonna say who) because of some basic language errors... just because I'm not english-native like them.
I started to learn english in school in the mid-90's and then practising everyday until today: oral, written, listened, etc. But then I stopped and I continued with french and spanish. Now I want to start with german.

No, I'm not a Benfica fan (sorry to disappoint you) eh eh eh. Neither for Benfica or for any other football club. They're just a (real) Mafia of assholes that generate money for themselves. And I hate how people can easily replace their religion by football obcession, here. It's like replacing the saints of the Catholic church by the football players. It's hard to understand the religious fever for football for me.

Thanks for the kindness m8! And pleased to hear there's a portuguese-descendent guy here ;)

Unfortunately, I won't be joining my parents...I'm way too old to tag along I guess. :wink:

Trust me, we represent the Portuguese culture and traditions here in America fairly prominently. There's a huge Portuguese Cultural Center in my hometown that has many events year round. Its a good place to go.

Dude, your English and grammar are about 100 times better than many native English speaking Americans on this board. (Kind of sad) Good Luck with German...UGH!!! tough language, though it will possibly help you even further with your English in a way because English is derived from germanic tongues.

HA! Yeah, I really don't care for the whole futebol craze like my Dad does, so I agree with your comments whole heartedly. I enjoy watching AMERICAN football much more than the original kind. Its funny that you mention the whole religion of soccer thing...Bono talks about that in Ireland. Its actually something thats prevelant all of the world. Kind of sad when you think about it.

Well....I think we've hijacked this thread enough (sorry everybody else!!!! :reject: )

Take care man....see you around the board...chow! :wave:

I remember when Pop was coming out, I first heard about it in some magazine in late November 1996; they knew the album was called Pop,coming out in March, and the first single was called Discotechque, coming out in January.....
There's no way in hell were getting a single this month..

Look back on the past for U2 releasing singles in conjunction with the album release.

I think Vertigo was released in middle of September, and the album was late November right? They were milking the pre holiday boom though.

I believe BD was released late August, and we received ATYCLB at the end of Oct.

We had already known about the single and possibly the album name in early August.

So, it's usually about a 6/8 week timeframe between the single and album. So still plenty of time for a Feb 23rd/24th release date.

It would be nice to know what the heck is going on, and with each passing week, it's probably a good bet that you can add another week on to the release date.

I'm going to guess March 10th.

I think my english is not that great, but thanks anyway.

Your english is great!

Portugal is taking over this forum :macdevil:

Hello hello meu amigo português.

Well....I think we've hijacked this thread enough (sorry everybody else!!!! :reject: )

Just a :wave: from another one. I've never been there and my family stopped speaking Portuguese before I was born, :( but it's a dream of mine to visit Portugal some day. And yes sorry, No hijacking... Carry on :wave:

:reject: I've been listening to the radio a lot more lately hoping to just get surprised by the new single, though I don't suppose something like that could take place anymore and slip past this place unannounced.

I remember when Pop was coming out, I first heard about it in some magazine in late November 1996; they knew the album was called Pop,coming out in March, and the first single was called Discotechque, coming out in January.....
There's no way in hell were getting a single this month..

Pop came out March 4 though. So it was just about two months. If the single comes out late December, the album could still come out about two months later and release in February as it's been reported.

Plus, NLOTH has been floating around as the title for a while now. It may not be officially confirmed, but it could be that the band is just figuring out how to package/release everything.

I think we could still hear a single soon.

They were talking about 2 halves: one half recorded almost like a jam session and one half via the "normal" U2 route. I hope they release them as two eperate albums a la Bruce Springsteen, each with it's own special edition, and a special discount if you buy both.

I hope they release them as two eperate albums a la Bruce Springsteen, each with it's own special edition, and a special discount if you buy both.

Oh, please no... I can already hear the McGuine$$ references and theories as to how everything U2 does now is about money and this is just some scam, etc etc...

They were talking about 2 halves: one half recorded almost like a jam session and one half via the "normal" U2 route. I hope they release them as two eperate albums a la Bruce Springsteen, each with it's own special edition, and a special discount if you buy both.

It will be Mcguine$$ his idea. Everything U2 does nowadays is about the money. I think it is a scam and I hate it!

:wave: at bonovoxsupastar

they must be truly stupid then for not releasing an album every 16 months or so

unless the albums would really suck they would make a lot more money than they do now

oh boy...I hope this was meant as a joke, otherwise the radar on your avatar is a bit off I am afraid :wink:

You're already saying you hate the new U2 album? :huh:

Based on rumours and speculation? :rolleyes:

lmao

GIRL, YOU ARE SO FUNNY AND YOU DO NO EVEN REALISE IT

I allready gave you the answer. but to make it more clear to you: look at bonovoxsupastar her comment and my reaction.

lmao

GIRL, YOU ARE SO FUNNY AND YOU DO NO EVEN REALISE IT

I allready gave you the answer. but to make it more clear to you: look at bonovoxsupastar her comment and my reaction.

its hard to read one post back and get some perspective isn't it :p

You beat me to the tongue-in-cheek response to BVS, and you are getting bagged for it!

I think there would be about 4 different release dates for the album wouldn't there? The Friday in Ireland, Saturday in Australia, Monday in most of Europe, and finally the Tuesday in US.
So here's the likely options:

*Feb 20/21/23/24
*Feb 27/28/Mar 2/3
*Mar 6/7/9/10
*Mar 13/14/16/17

If it's going to be the first one then we will definitely have an announcement by the mid-point of this month, less than a week away.

i think the latest they could announce for the first option is the 19th of Dec. 9 weeks from release, one or two weeks before first single. bout the same timeframe the killers put up.

its hard to read one post back and get some perspective isn't it :p

You beat me to the tongue-in-cheek response to BVS, and you are getting bagged for it!

The tongue-in-cheek stuff was quit obvious wasn't it? At least I thought so :)

oh boy...I hope this was meant as a joke, otherwise the radar on your avatar is a bit off I am afraid :wink:
no, it wasn't a joke
I really do think that if U2 was solely in it for the money (as is implied a million times on this mc guinness obsessed forum) they would completely change their strategy

i didn't necessarely think it's your opinion that money rules their world
:wink:

no, it wasn't a joke
I really do think that if U2 was solely in it for the money (as is implied a million times on this mc guinness obsessed forum) they would completely change their strategy

i didn't necessarely think it's your opinion that money rules their world
:wink:

:hmm:

I am glad it was obvious.:D

Let's make it 2 albums then?

DON'T START UP THAT ARGUMENT AGAIN!!!!! :reject:

Seriously though, I suspect that they will release mulitple albums...just not at the same time. I think they might delay the second one by about 6-8 months depending on how the first one goes. It would be a nice little boost for them to release a second album (ala Zooropa) while they tour to keep them on people's minds for a little while longer.

Thats why I'm actually starting to veer away from the 2X album theory (aka Double Album). I believe that it wouldn't behoove them to go that route if their ultimate goal is for "2009 to be THEIR year"

Back
Top Bottom