Rumor: 55 unfinished songs?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i mean there are people on these boards who have loose connections to people in and around the u2 camp, and/or know people who do... some us who've been around here a long time know who a few of them are. they all have one thing in common... they don't talk about their loose connections

What are you sayin, man? That they wouldn't post repeated direct/indirect references to having some special connection to the band on this board in feeble attempts to draw attention to themselves or make others believe them to be credible?

Cmon man, surely they would. Surely!

(They'd also really really likely be nameless faceless anonymous internet..ah, beings..who not a single soul on any u2 fan forum anywhere has ever met or can vouch for, also. Yeah, that sounds about right :wink: )

gvox said:
The bigger question is, has your reality been independently verified? Confirmed, even?

I along with everyone else am waiting on Nick and his pristine credibility to present his report to us. Until then everything we know is wrong.

I along with everyone else am waiting on Nick and his pristine credibility to present his report to us. Until then everything we know is wrong.

I've already presented my report...that blog is a fake. I think this thread can be closed.

But hey man, I give you props BVS for having the chops to address me directly, and not throw passive-agressive barbs into the ether like some of our less cerebral colleagues here. You're alright my book. :up:

:wave:

What are you sayin, man? That they wouldn't post repeated direct/indirect references to having some special connection to the band on this board in feeble attempts to draw attention to themselves or make others believe them to be credible?

Cmon man, surely they would. Surely!

(They'd also really really likely be nameless faceless anonymous internet..ah, beings..who not a single soul on any u2 fan forum anywhere has ever met or can vouch for, also. Yeah, that sounds about right :wink: )

They actually have about 25 "working" titles currently and Bono's current favorites are "Last Night She Talked To Angels", "Haunted"(currently an instrumental only) and "Birthday Kaleidoscope". I have the demo disc at home, they sound good! Edge is on fire again. I will post samples later. :wink:

I've already presented my report...that blog is a fake. I think this thread can be closed.

But hey man, I give you props BVS for having the chops to address me directly, and not throw passive-agressive barbs into the ether like some of our less cerebral colleagues here. You're alright my book. :up:

Ok, but in all seriousness, don't you see how you come off a little full of yourself? We had already established that it was fake. Then you come in here without any kind of evidence state that you "confirmed it" so now we can put it to rest, like you have some inside source that no one else does and your say is the end all be all around here... we're just suppose to take your word as the final truth around here?

isn't it all just one big silly (read: unnecessary) play on the achtung baby remaster confirmation/independently confirmed business?

Ok, but in all seriousness, don't you see how you come off a little full of yourself? We had already established that it was fake. Then you come in here without any kind of evidence state that you "confirmed it" so now we can put it to rest, like you have some inside source that no one else does and your say is the end all be all around here... we're just suppose to take your word as the final truth around here?

I think he was being tongue-in-cheek...

Interference needs a resident therapist. we're all cracked. :crack:

Here you go. And I understand she has experience dealing with the Borg.

DeannaTroi.jpg

Blue Room said:
I have the demo disc at home, they sound good! Edge is on fire again. I will post samples later. :wink:

Is that the one Adam gave you after you pulled off the highway just past Windsor and saved him from certain death from a bear that was menacing him while he attempted to change a flat tire? :hyper:

Is that the one Adam gave you after you pulled off the highway just past Windsor and saved him from certain death from a bear that was menacing him while he attempted to change a flat tire? :hyper:

No, not that incident, I don't live in Canada and have only been there once in 1997 and that was to see U2. I have "other" sources! :shh:

I forgot about this thread this weekend. I will post a couple of clips tonight if I remember. :wink:

At the risk of humiliating myself... what are those songs? Because it really sounds like Bono, and i've never heard 'em before :shifty:

The date is 13 February... so this has been floating around for awhile and we didn't know (OMGWTFOMFGOMFG)? I am 99.99% sure that is Bono.

Also, both clips are extremely encouraging and sound possibly Danger Mouse-ish to me, even though they obviously sound far from complete (as evidenced by Bono's nonexistent lyrics).

So... this really is new u2 music??? :hyper:
If so, it's still a bit all-over-the-place (but all their early drafts sound are), but Bono's vocals are great, and it sounds 'new', not by the numbers etc, which is nice.
Thanks for posting Blue Room.

I mean, this definitely sounds new to me, both in the sense that I've never heard these clips before and the sense that Edge is doing something that I've never really heard him do before. But these clips sound like they're in a far earlier stage than the beach clips from 2004, 2006, and 2008.

Yeah, i've never heard them either, i just suspected it was something old because there hasn't been a shitstorm about new u2 clips... yet.
They do sound very unfinished, they remind me of the Hansa recordings, like jamming and trying to find the song. But it was put up in february? And might have been recorded earlier than that. So there could have been a lot of progress since then.

Back
Top Bottom