RS: U2 makes slight change to album cover?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
you are right but in this instance i don't think offensive.

It doesnt really matter what you think, actually.

And bonoz, the gay pride sticker has multiple bars of the rainbow, it looks nothing like the equal sign.

The equals sign is the point that in theory there is "no line on the horizon"...without it people will say..."its called no line on the horizon, so why is there one on the cover"

Im for either keeping the equals sign or get a picture with no line on the horizon.

Yeah, but even if the equal sign is on the album, I can still see the line on the horizon, so regardless of whether there is or isn't an equals signs, there STILL is a line on the horizon!

Unless of course it is one of those 3d album covers that you have to stare at for a while and then the horizon disappears. How cool is that!!!

Here's a horizon with literally no line. Look how boring it is:

loversleap.jpg

Let's not take the title too literally, guys! ;)

Hey that's cool. Are they Larry's bongos from GOYB on the shore??

Your post reads as if you consider the perceived resemblance to gay rights stickers to be a bad thing. is offensive.

Maybe we should move on to the real topic, but I just don't get it.
Even if the reason he doesn't like it is because of the resemblance to gay stickers, then still it is not offensive. I think people read to much in between lines. I could say I don't like if there is a cross on a CD-cover, because the resemblance with a Christian symbol, then still it is not offensive against cristians as was this post not offensive against gay people. It's just an opinion. I don't know this poster and I don't know his real thoughts and meanings with it, but I just think the post itself is not offensive.
I have the feeling there is always a huge over-reaction on these messages. And I also do not understand the reaction of the forum administrator. Maybe it is because I am European that I feel different about these topics?

Anyway I like the album most with the = symbol.

so do you owe Bonz and me an apology?
:sad:

No. I still feel the comment was offensive. And apparently so did you, since you reported the post and referred to it as homophobic?

I was asking you did you think it was homphobic!?!?

That doesnt look like a question.

ANYWAY we can argue all day I'm sure. Lets move on.

Oh snap...

The troll gets called out once again...:lol:

this is turning into FYM. which is a bad thing.

I find this comment more offensive than the 'sticker' post but as per usual the morality police pervade this site

:hmm:

Yeah, but even if the equal sign is on the album, I can still see the line on the horizon, so regardless of whether there is or isn't an equals signs, there STILL is a line on the horizon!

Unless of course it is one of those 3d album covers that you have to stare at for a while and then the horizon disappears. How cool is that!!!

Whoa whoa whoa guys! first, I apologize for whatever I may have done that caused any sort of offense, embarrassment, insult, confusion, etc.

Second, I never meant any harm. I retract my statement. Sure my comment was on the casual side of things. I am not against the Gay right's campaign or Human Rights Campaign. But we should keep in mind, including me, that on the net things can be taken differently than intended so it's posters' responsibility as is the readers' to write and read in a professional manner.

As for my opinion about the double bars or the equal sign. I don't mind it. I like the album cover either ways. However, without the equal sign there isn't a focal point on the cover. Maybe it could do with a sunset or a boat or a whale jumping out or something.

This cover comes to mind when I think of something beautifully representing a horizon of some sort:

David_Gilmour_On_An_Island.jpg

Maybe they should show some sort of a boardwalk, a harbour, or some sort of mid-ocean oil rig. Maybe even an aircraft carrier?

admiral-kuznetzov-aircraft-carrier-3.jpg

Oh and I want to punch Chris Martin's face too.

Back
Top Bottom