RS: U2 makes slight change to album cover?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Chris Martin called in and asked them to stop copying his stuff.

chris-martin.jpg

I bet Bono replied: "How's the Joe Satriani lawsuit-thingy coming along?"

The equals sign is the point that in theory there is "no line on the horizon"...without it people will say..."its called no line on the horizon, so why is there one on the cover"

Im for either keeping the equals sign or get a picture with no line on the horizon.

The illusion of no line on the horizon on the cover is enough.

People do not need to be beaten over the head with the equal sign to get it.

The idea of showing a cover with a line on the horizon and then write No Line On the Horizon on top of it, is still garbage, equal sign or no equal sign.

Well lookie lookie, we're coming full circle to my uninformed guess about the "equal signs". ..must have been all those Design Class lessons :)

(I'm just kidding, I have no more clue than the next person, but I wouldn't be at all surprised to see them gone and words there instead)

The idea of showing a cover with a line on the horizon and then write No Line On the Horizon on top of it, is still garbage, equal sign or no equal sign.

Here's a horizon with literally no line. Look how boring it is:

loversleap.jpg

Let's not take the title too literally, guys! ;)

I can't say I care a whole lot, but I like it better without the =. The less they try to pour a profound meaning into everything the better.

The problem is actually not so much the definition of "horizon" as it is the definition of "line". :wink::wink:

That is beautiful! Where did that last picture come from. I wouldn't mind using it as a desktop background.

I hope they take the equal sign off. That symbol makes the album cover look like it's supposed to make some kind of political or social statement, which is lame.

I want to punch that face so much.

:lol:

don't break your computer screen!

I like the equals sign.

I love the equals sign. It would be a crime to remove it.

uhm I dn't get it. What is offensive about it...?

There's actually nothing offensive about it. Its just kind of ignorant.

They are EQUALITY stickers that are meant for EVERYONE, not just those in the gay and lesbian community. Equality for all colors and people, hence the rainbow colors and sign.

I think it was everyone's knee jerk reaction to respond in that manner because that's the world we live in. Responding with an over reactive post is far easier than trying to educate and help eliminate ignorance.

How is that offensive? I thought those stickers were representative of the "Gay rights movement"?

I'm sorry if what I said was offensive, but if someone wants to point out the offense please help me out?

Well said Bonz - I think there is a PC fanaticism at play here. You just need to watch out for it!

How is that offensive? I thought those stickers were representative of the "Gay rights movement"?

I'm sorry if what I said was offensive, but if someone wants to point out the offense please help me out?

Your post reads as if you consider the perceived resemblance to gay rights stickers to be a bad thing. "Oh noez it looks like teh ghey!" and all that crap. If so, then yes, that is offensive.

Your post reads as if you consider the perceived resemblance to gay rights stickers to be a bad thing. "Oh noez it looks like teh ghey!" and all that crap. If so, then yes, that is offensive.

you are right but in this instance i don't think offensive.

anyway, i hope they take away the '=' - it reminds me of maths class and chris martin.

I think they should just make it so you tilt the album cover and the equal sign appears, so from one angle you see it, and from another you don't. Then you can look at it from whatever side you want to see it from.

Back
Top Bottom