Riddle of the = solved ??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's outside inside the album cover (or something).. Maybe it's just HMV's thing or It really is going to have a double frame like that, which sort of takes the emphasis away from the image.

(edit: Although it does kind of make the picture look like it's in an art gallery... So the cover's sort of a picture in a gallery which emphasises that the image is a piece of art).

Absolutely ZERO chance.

The evidence is in the picture of the boxset that was posted. The equals sign was repeated as a visual element on another part of the set like this:

U
=

This leads me to believe that there is no way in hell its a place holder. I think the only reason why people are saying that is because they don't know Graphic Design. You wouldn't do something like that. Using such a dominant visual element, which by the way is very recognizable as an equals sign is just not used as a placeholder for text. If it were there would be an example of said text to show the client what it would look like.

I understand that people are having a hard time wrapping their head around the fact that an album cover doesn't have text on it, but its been done many times before...its nothing new.

Trust me...its NOT a place holder. Its an equals sign...no matter how you look at it.

Ok well I went to School For Graphic Design (not really, but I wanted to illustrate how silly the use of Caps can get)

Nothing of what you've said even slightly proves me wrong. The boxset picture could easily be a sample without the text on it.

Then again, it could be an equal sign. I'm not having a 'hard time wrapping my head around' it, I just think there could be more in store.

:shrug:

Ok well I went to School For Graphic Design (not really, but I wanted to illustrate how silly the use of Caps can get)

Nothing of what you've said even slightly proves me wrong. The boxset picture could easily be a sample without the text on it.

Then again, it could be an equal sign. I'm not having a 'hard time wrapping my head around' it, I just think there could be more in store.

You're saying that the graphic inside, the one that says
U
=

Is STILL a placeholder?

I am anticipating that the regular CD will have a transparent slip cover with "U2 = No Line on The Horizon" on. The text on the HMV site looks to be the correct font etc.

1. You just admitted that you didn't go to school for design. Thats cool, I'm not going to roast someone for making incorrect assumptions due to the fact that they didn't study that discipline at university and/or actually spend a few years working in the professional world with clients.

2. Had you of studied Graphic Design at university, and then worked as a professional for a few years with clients you would know better.

1. You just admitted that you didn't go to school for design. Thats cool, I'm not going to roast someone for making incorrect assumptions due to the fact that they didn't study that discipline at university and/or actually spend a few years working in the professional world with clients.

2. Had you of studied Graphic Design at university, and then worked as a professional for a few years with clients you would know better.

SO then, because you did study Graphic Design, you can conclusively say without a doubt that the graphic we are looking at is the final product to go to market, and you can tell this just by looking at it and your vast experience in Graphic Design? :rolleyes:

I think the only one making any assumptions here is you, really :lol:

SO then, because you did study Graphic Design, you can conclusively say without a doubt that the graphic we are looking at is the final product to go to market, and you can tell this just by looking at it and your vast experience in Graphic Design? :rolleyes:

Actually...YES. The official release of the boxset pic confirms it.

I'm going to try to be nice here.

It is abundantly obvious that you have no idea what hell you are talking about, so I'm not going to waste time trying to teach you about design basics....I suggest you enroll at your nearest university and maybe edify yourself in the Graphic Design discipline.

good day.

Actually...YES.

I'm going to try to be nice here.

Its is abundantly obvious that you have no idea what hell you are talking about, so I'm not going to waste time trying to teach you about design basics....I suggest you enroll at your nearest university and maybe edify yourself in the Graphic Design discipline.

good day.

Dear Power Surge

Thank you for the advice. The only thing patently obvious is that you are full of yourself, so here's my advice: Get the fuck over yourself.

Then, go read "Stealing Hearts in a Travelling Show".

You might learn a thing or two.

:lol:

Dear Power Surge

Thank you for the advice. The only thing patently obvious is that you are full of yourself, so here's my advice: Get the fuck over yourself.

Then, go read "Stealing Hearts in a Travelling Show".

You might learn a thing or two.

Resulting to using the f-word I see....the obvious sounds of frustration. :lol:

How am I "full of myself" if I know what the hell I'm talking about? You are truly incompetent my friend. :down: Have a nice day.:wave:

Resulting to using the f-word I see....the obvious sounds of frustration. :lol:

How am I "full of myself" if I know what the hell I'm talking about? You are truly incompetent my friend. :down: Have a nice day.:wave:

Bono must be frustrated alot. He says fuck all the time.

I say fuck all the time too, it's hardly a sign of frustration.

Nice try. :wave:

I think you both need some Chewbacca lovin!

47232343_0fb4bb9916.jpg

Back
Top Bottom